Wait...What? Something's Not Right Here!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Wait...What? Something's Not Right Here!

Post by George Schilling »

Just so happens I wandered onto the Pro Solo registration site and expected to see the upcoming Fontana PRO Solo event nearing capacity. I was shocked to see that the event was only half full. So I'm thinking what's going on here? Perhaps all the new folks that have joined our ranks in the last year are unaware of the rare opportunity we have coming our way via the PRO Solo. They probably don't know that PRO Solo is autocross fun times at least two. They're probably unaware of the rush one gets when combining drag racing with autocross. So, I thought I'd dig out an old thread explaining the thrill of PRO Solo to those noob's who are unaware and reminding veterans why PRO Solo is a favorite among those of us who autocross regularly. Here it is:

If you've competed in a PRO SOLO in the past.........no need to read on.........there's nothing for you here. I know you've already marked your calendar and are planning on registering in the next few days if you haven't already.

But if you're NEW to autox, or have been autox'ing but have NEVER entered a PRO SOLO..........CONSIDER THIS!

THE PRO SOLO FORMAT IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE AUTOXING!

WHAT IS PRO SOLO?
The Pro Solo format combines the best of drag racing and autox. Competitors will line up side by side and stage, just like at the drag strip. Your heart will begin to pound as you watch the count down on the timer. Once timer hits zero, you'll rev your engine and prepare for launch. Yellow, yellow, yellow, better drop the clutch, green, and you're smoking the tires trying to get the best 60' launch you can, Once at the 60', you'll split off onto mirrored autox courses and race to the finish. See for yourself.....check this out. WOW!

EXPERIENCE DOESN'T MATTER!
Whether your new to autox or not, this is an absolute blast. I used to think regular autoxing was addicting, but Pro Solo competition has made me a true addict. Since this format only comes around LOCALLY once a year, I regret missing it the first time. With the exception of that first one, I haven't missed one since.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR!
The dates are March 31 - April 2, 2017. Friday the 31st consists of explaining the format to new folks, making practice starts, and a welcome party provided free of charge where you'll meet fellow competitors and chat about your launch times. That is followed by two days of thrilling competition on Saturday and Sunday. All this for only $130 with juniors specially priced at only $65. WOW again! Did I mention FREE FOOD?

YOU HAVE TO HURRY!
Early entry deadline is March 28, 2017, 2 pm CDT. After that the price will go from $130 to $154. More importantly, this event is capacity controlled and will sell out. So please get your entry in right away. This is too much fun to miss. For more information and a link to register, click here. Want to know the rules governing Pro Solo including car classing and indexing, click here.

IF YOU ONLY DO ONE AUTOX EVENT A YEAR......MAKE THIS THE ONE!

SEE YOU THERE!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Chad-1stGen
Car#: 268

Re: Wait...What? Something's Not Right Here!

Post by Chad-1stGen »

There are two competing autocross events the same weekend. And given that they are super popular with the CAM crowd (Del Mar GoodGuys and NMCA Hothckis) I'm curious how the bump classes work?

Is it just one big class for everyone without 5 or more in their normal class? Or is it further divided based on total number of bumps?

Thanks
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Re: Wait...What? Something's Not Right Here!

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Damn... Goodguys at Del Mar. :( And NMCA Hotchkis.... And my golf clubs member-guest!

Classes that don't get 5 go into one of the bump classes. For National points you are scored only against your own class even if you're the only one. For event trophies and the Challenge you compete with the indexes against everybody in that Bump class. I believe they are doing a bump class for each heat. Not positive on that part.

Pro's are really huge huge fun.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600