For Sale: Red Mist 2013 Scion FR-S prepared for Street Modified

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

For Sale: Red Mist 2013 Scion FR-S prepared for Street Modified

Post by Mark DeShon »

For Sale: 'Red Mist' Turbocharged 2013 Scion FR-S prepped for SCCA Street Modified class. I'm really sad to see this one go because it was an insanely fun project. Business expenses force me to sell instead of keeping it going. 😔 Car runs but needs some attention before it's ready for competition. Currently running with stock long-block which can be run on low-boost setup(<9 PSI). Includes built long-block in need of a refresh which is capable of 400+ HP.
I have no doubt Red Mist can win Solo Nationals in the right hands. It put up several good results in 2017, including a dominant win at the Crows Landing National Tour, even though it was still in the process of being built. Engine troubles (which weren't handled well by yours truly), caused me to park it. I have the road map to make it the force it once was, but I just can't make it happen right now.
So anyway, enough back story, let's get to all the goodies.

2013 FR-S - Red
Front and Rear Wisefab track kit including 7075 aluminum knuckles and spherical arms
Custom-built Penske 7565 dampers valved by Ankeny Racing Enterprises ($10K invested)
Beautiful vinyl wrap done by 5ZERO4 Designs
Blitz Turbo exhaust manifold and down pipe
Garret GTX2860 ball-bearing turbo
Custom fabricated cold-air intake with Apexi filter
Blitz Intercooler
2.5" overpipe
Tomei 3" titanium exhaust
Custom machined silencer-of-doom
Ecutek flashed ECU
Ogura 3-plate racing clutch
Carbon fiber driveshaft
Toyota 3.73 rear-end
Cusco Type RS 1-way differential
DIFtech Solid Delrin rear subframe bushings
DIFtech rear eccentric lockout kit
Two sets of Forgestar F14 wheels 17x10.5 for 275/40/17 Hoosiers (Tires not included)
Custom-fabricated splitter with DIFtech splitter rods.
Custom-made full carbon fiber single-element rear wing with custom billet uprights
Battery relocated to trunk
Shrader Performance rear seat delete kit
Sparco carbon fiber race seats
Aim Solo digital data-logging dashboard
Currently installed stock long block
On-the-shelf 2.1 litter 10.8:1 low-compression motor with polished crank, Mahle pistons and Carrillo H-beam rods built by D-Sport racing. Needs a bearing refresh, but should be good for well over 400 hp when done.
Spare 6 speed transmission also included.
2530 # race weight

Everything listed is from an 8-month build in which I barely slept. This car is a colossal amount of fun and I'm super sad to see it go, but I would love to see it go to someone who is able to finish what I started. Asking $19,900. Should be about $5k to get it in full competition mode.