FS: Rare 93 MR2 Hardtop

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

maurice Velandia

FS: Rare 93 MR2 Hardtop

Post by maurice Velandia »

It was a difficult decision, but I need to find a new home for the '93 Toyota MR2 Hardtop, and hoping to keep this rare MR2 (one of thirteen original factory '93 hardtops imported to the US) in our autocross family. This car has always been owned by autox'rs, starting with original owners Rich Fletcher and Marchell Fletcher who won Nationals in 93 (BS), 94 (BSL), 95 (ASL). Ben Pullen campaigned it before me, and I've enjoyed it since 2010. Its most recent national event was Crow's Landing '18 ProSolo (5th) and Tour (T5) in a field of 12+ mostly ND's.

Originally ordered as lowest curb weight package + AC + ABS, no cruise, manual locks & windows, no power steering.
The car has just under 101kmi and is fully autox prepped - Koni 8611 double adjustables all around, ST swaybar w/ chassis reinforcement, Toyota crash bolts,5 point harness, 2 sets of autox wheels, w/ Rival S 1.5 (R/F 245/225) and Proxes R1R, 1 set of stock wheels, straight pipe, and built in snap oversteer :thumbup:

Repair history before Ben or I owned it included: body repair in mid 2000s for rear quarter panel accident (carfax) at which point the car was repainted - professionally done as evidenced in pics. Fresh bottom end at about 65K, new gear box at 73K, new turbo at 80K.
Repairs since I owned it: Fresh clutch (<2kmi), fresh turbo (rebuild installed Oct 2019), repaired drivers seat wear, frunk repainted, infinity speakers + updated radio. Lots of documentation including original window sticker.

Repairs to be done - pinch weld rear jacking points are crunched, AC has a slow leak - charge lasts a couple months.
Given BaT pricing ranges ( https://bringatrailer.com/toyota/sw20-mr2/ ) for '93's in the $17k to $23k range and appreciation potential, I think $22k is a fair price for this rare car, but more important than price is a passionate owner who has the time to enjoy it and give it the love and attention it deserves. Bonus for taking it Nationals in its sunset year with a seat in reserve for me ;)
rrquarter_tiny.jpg
rrquarter_tiny.jpg (88.78 KiB) Viewed 3093 times