Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX

SOLD - 2016 Fiesta ST AKA Charmin PAX machine

Post by Reed Gibson »

SOLD

Hey everybody,

The time has come for me to finally stop driving the easy PAX machine and move on to a new challenge. My current plan is to drive the car at the next Cal Club event and the Fontana Pro before getting real serious about selling it. However, I'd like to offer it up to our community for first dibs now in the event any potential buyers would like to try it out at an autocross!

2016 Ford Fiesta ST, Magnetic Gray
Price: $14,000
Miles: 35,XXX (climbing slowly with daily use)
Modifications:
Koni Yellows revalved by ProParts USA in 2019. (OEM shocks included)
Two sets of 16x7 wheels (black Rota Slipstreams and green Sparco Assetto Gara’s)
Two sets of 215/45/16 BFG Rival S tires
Mountune Catback Exhaust
RallyArmor Mud Flaps
Mountune Engine Mount (not installed)
Fresh OEM Brake pads + Motul RBF 660 Fluid (a set of Porterfield race pads will be included as well)

https://imgur.com/a/4bf5fvV

I am the original owner, non-smoker and the car has lived it’s entire life in Southern California. I am selling the car as I’ve decided to embark on a new adventure with a new chassis. This car has been one of my favorite daily drivers and has been a blast to own. I have used it for many autocrosses and it is notorious for being one of the easiest cars to take top PAX/index wins with. The valving of the Koni shocks not only make the car easy to drive aggressively with but the reduced compression compared to OEM makes the ride much more supple and comfortable. This car is right at home on any road from the track to the bumpy canyon roads of Southern California.

The car has no mechanical issues aside from those listed below that have been addressed:

The blend door actuator failed in May of 2020 and was replaced with the updated OEM part.
The EVAP purge valve failed and was replaced under warranty in February of 2020.
The battery was replaced in November of 2019.
Trunk privacy tray tabs broken, repaired with off the shelf hardware.

The car has been rock solid aside from these small issues. I’ve changed the oil regularly every 3,000 - 5,000 miles and I’ve had the transmission fluid replaced with high quality Ravenol fluid around 30k.

The car does have some nicks and scratches from daily use. I’ve included pictures of all the noticeable defects so there should be no surprises when viewing the vehicle.

I would really like the car to find a good home with someone who plans to drive the car to its potential. It was a great complement to my garage and I hope it brings a lot of joy to its new owner.
web_DSC07079.jpg
web_DSC07079.jpg (86.27 KiB) Viewed 2333 times