2004 Carson car trailer w/extras - $1400 OBO SOLD!

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Michael Colangelo

2004 Carson car trailer w/extras - $1400 OBO SOLD!

Post by Michael Colangelo »

I'm selling a 2004 Carson car trailer. It's 16 ft in length, wood deck, beaver tail, spare tire, steel ramps, and electric brakes on one of the two axles. It also has very heavy duty steel tie-down points. I'm also throwing in four heavy-duty ratcheting tie-down straps so you should have everything you need to haul cars. According to the title, the trailer weighs 1620 lbs.

Here are some pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21238572@N ... 947096782/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm asking $1400 or best offer. $1500 or best offer with the tire rack (tire tail, I believe)

I'm also selling the 1992 Miata that is shown in the above pictures for $400. Please see the separate ad in this forum for more info on this creampuff :lol:

Package deal for all of you broke motorsports enthusiasts :ugeek: : $1600 takes both the car and the trailer (without tire tail).

The trailer and car - and myself - are located in Rosamond, CA.

Call me, PM me, or make a post in this thread if you have any questions.

Mike
661-874-9226
Last edited by Michael Colangelo on Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: 2004 Carson car trailer w/extras - $1500 OBO

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Psssssssst. You shouldn't have mentioned that you got the trailer and the car for $400. ;)

Like I said, I wish I could squeeze into a Miata.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Michael Colangelo

Kurt Rahn wrote:Psssssssst. You shouldn't have mentioned that you got the trailer and the car for $400. ;)
What the hell are you talking about? I never said such a thing and, besides, it's not true.

I bought a Spec Miata package deal which included a 91 Spec Miata race car, trailer, and the 92 Miata.

If you shop around, you'll find my prices to be quite good. I wish I found a trailer like this last year. Last year I bought a new steel Az-Tex trailer with less features for $2100.
Last edited by Michael Colangelo on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Whoa, chill. That's how I read your original ad. I may have just misunderstood it. And BTW, that was an attempt (possibly misguided) at a joke. No need to go :mrt:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Interesting... There seems to be something resembling a Miata Tire Tail on the front of that trailer. :?: Take that off and sell it separately to some poor schmuck that needs a way to haul Miata tires. ;)
Michael Colangelo

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:Interesting... There seems to be something resembling a Miata Tire Tail on the front of that trailer. :?: Take that off and sell it separately to some poor schmuck that needs a way to haul Miata tires. ;)
I believe it is a Tire Tail. It can be detached from the trailer and is secured with a lock. I've already been offered $100 for it but for now I'm including it with the trailer since it's a nice feature.
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Michael Colangelo wrote:
I believe it is a Tire Tail. It can be detached from the trailer and is secured with a lock. I've already been offered $100 for it but for now I'm including it with the trailer since it's a nice feature.
You really should consider selling it separately. It would only be of use to someone with very small, miata size, wheels and tires. It is not rated to hold much more weight than that, so if anyone with a bigger car bought your trailer they would be overloading it. And I don't think taking it off would reduce the value of the trailer at all.
Michael Colangelo

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Michael Colangelo wrote:
You really should consider selling it separately. It would only be of use to someone with very small, miata size, wheels and tires. It is not rated to hold much more weight than that, so if anyone with a bigger car bought your trailer they would be overloading it. And I don't think taking it off would reduce the value of the trailer at all.
Hmmm.... good observation.

I think I may do just that. Thanks!
Michael Colangelo

Re: 2004 Carson car trailer w/extras - $1400 OBO SOLD!

The trailer has been sold.