WT Borrow/Rent Tow Vehicle

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

WT Borrow/Rent Tow Vehicle

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Going to the Wendover ProSolo, and I need a tow vehicle to get our car there. Anyone not using their truck/SUV from 5/20 to 5/24? Trailer and car together weight about 4000 lbs.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Michael Sullivan
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 357

Re: WT Borrow/Rent Tow Vehicle

Post by Michael Sullivan »

Sent PM
Michael Sullivan
"The gas pedal isn't an on-and-off switch?!"
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Michael Sullivan wrote:Sent PM
Back at'cha.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Charley Hoyt

Post by Charley Hoyt »

Kurt, Enterprise rents Suburbans with tow packages. You might want to check them out.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Charley Hoyt wrote:Kurt, Enterprise rents Suburbans with tow packages. You might want to check them out.
Thanks, Charley, I think we're good. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the future.
==============
Dennis R. Brown, DDS
Car#: 312

Post by Dennis R. Brown, DDS »

I have an '87 Suburban with a 454. It's not pretty, but it works. Only 57,000 miles on it and it has the tow package. I won't be in town that weekend, but you can pick it up the weekend before.

DocBrown
DocBrown
http://push.pickensplan.com/profile/DrDennisRBrown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm the one driving the "overbloated bling ride"!!!!
My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Dennis R. Brown, DDS wrote:I have an '87 Suburban with a 454. It's not pretty, but it works. Only 57,000 miles on it and it has the tow package. I won't be in town that weekend, but you can pick it up the weekend before.

DocBrown
Thanks, Doc! I'm set for Wendover, but I'm going to need a tow vehicle again for nationals, so I may hit you up then. :thumbup:

BTW, I still have the CASOC shirts for you and your wife. Are you coming to any future events? We've missed you out there!
==============
Dennis R. Brown, DDS

I sent a PM to George to find out where to find my polo shirts. I want to pay for my shirts, and possibly pay to have them mailed. You guys are at El Toro tomorrow, I can come over there also. You can use my truck if you want for Nationals. If I hook up with SportsCar to write articles for Nationals, maybe I'll ride out with you.
I'm still around, I've just been busy. I'm trying to make the US Paralympic Cycling Team, so I've been busy training. I'm going to the Olympic Training Center in mid-May to do a week of training. I still want to race, but I had to make a "time" choice between cycling and racing. I have the rest of my life to race, but only about 8 more years of cycling ability left in my body. I want to make the 2012 Olympics in London, but had hoped to have a "hometown" Olympics in 2016 in Chicago. Oh well, I guess Brazil is a nice place to go in 2016. I'll be back racing once the season ends in late September.
DocBrown
http://push.pickensplan.com/profile/DrDennisRBrown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Dennis R. Brown, DDS wrote:I sent a PM to George to find out where to find my polo shirts. I want to pay for my shirts, and possibly pay to have them mailed. You guys are at El Toro tomorrow, I can come over there also. You can use my truck if you want for Nationals. If I hook up with SportsCar to write articles for Nationals, maybe I'll ride out with you.
I'm still around, I've just been busy. I'm trying to make the US Paralympic Cycling Team, so I've been busy training. I'm going to the Olympic Training Center in mid-May to do a week of training. I still want to race, but I had to make a "time" choice between cycling and racing. I have the rest of my life to race, but only about 8 more years of cycling ability left in my body. I want to make the 2012 Olympics in London, but had hoped to have a "hometown" Olympics in 2016 in Chicago. Oh well, I guess Brazil is a nice place to go in 2016. I'll be back racing once the season ends in late September.
Wow...that's pretty ambitious, but very fun! I'll be at El Toro tomorrow until about 11:30 a.m., so if you want to drop by, I'm in a black Mini Cooper S.
==============
Dennis R. Brown, DDS

OK, I'll stop by on my ride tomorrow. I'm riding that direction tomorrow, down Irvine Blvd. so it's just off my route. BTW, I paid my dues for this year, but my points card number (312) says I'm on hold. I paid my annual dues in late-December or early-Janruary. Do you have any information as to why it says I'm on hold?

Doc
DocBrown
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Dennis R. Brown, DDS wrote:OK, I'll stop by on my ride tomorrow. I'm riding that direction tomorrow, down Irvine Blvd. so it's just off my route. BTW, I paid my dues for this year, but my points card number (312) says I'm on hold. I paid my annual dues in late-December or early-Janruary. Do you have any information as to why it says I'm on hold?

Doc
That's a Gio question. You can email him.
==============
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Dennis R. Brown, DDS wrote:BTW, I paid my dues for this year, but my points card number (312) says I'm on hold. I paid my annual dues in late-December or early-Janruary. Do you have any information as to why it says I'm on hold?
My guess is you are referring to your national SCCA dues. If so that just means you're eligible to compete in our events as an SCCA member of Region 019 (aka Cal Club). Our 'local/regional' points card is a separate issue, that requires a separate payment ($20) per year to compete for championship points and trophy/jacket. Thus since you haven't renewed, your card is "on hold". You have until 09/30 of this year to renew, then after that it becomes available to anyone for this year.