FS: Bounder Class A Motorhome

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

FS: Bounder Class A Motorhome

Post by Ed Holley »

A 90 1/2 Fleetwood Bounder motorhome. One owner. Always garaged until about 1 year ago. About 38,000 original miles. 32 feet long. New Tires. GM chassis: 454 Chevy. Dual cabin A/C + in-dash A/C. Two televisions. Queen bed. Microwave. Excellent condition. Onan generator needs carb tweeking and/or fuel gumout (cleaning). In-dash A/C needs recharge. Electric step needs replacing. $12,500 Cash. FIRM.

A FULL PRICE ALL CASH OFFER IS PENDING. Back-up offers accepted.
Attachments
90 Bounder.jpg
90 Bounder.jpg (25.56 KiB) Viewed 11000 times
Last edited by Ed Holley on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Re: FS: Bounder Class A Motorhome

Post by KJ Christopher »

Ed,

We've been thinking of doing the motorhome thing, and yours doesn't look half-bad, especially considering the deal you offered. In fact, when I shared it with Stacey, she immediately said she could make up a Yellow FF package just for you.

Let's trade at the PSCC event. We'd like to get settled into it before using at the Tour.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

KJ Christopher wrote:Ed,

We've been thinking of doing the motorhome thing, and yours doesn't look half-bad, especially considering the deal you offered. In fact, when I shared it with Stacey, she immediately said she could make up a Yellow FF package just for you.

Let's trade at the PSCC event. We'd like to get settled into it before using at the Tour.
This is the "package" that we had in mind...
http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/vandi ... 3914ss.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although YOUR "Yellow FF package" has merit, it is quite undersized for us to have any interest in a trade. It would need to be at least as large as the motorhome and certainly be of comparable value. Beyond this, we can't help but conclude that SOMEONE has WAY too much time on their hands.
2001 NB Miata
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Ed Holley wrote:
KJ Christopher wrote:Ed,

This is the "package" that we had in mind...
http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/vandi ... 3914ss.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Although YOUR "Yellow FF package" has merit, it is quite undersized for us to have any interest in a trade. It would need to be at least as large as the motorhome and certainly be of comparable value. Beyond this, we can't help but conclude that SOMEONE has WAY too much time on their hands.
:lol:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Davin Swanson
Car#: 979

Post by Davin Swanson »

KJ Christopher wrote: We've been thinking of doing the motorhome thing, and yours doesn't look half-bad, especially considering the deal you offered. In fact, when I shared it with Stacey, she immediately said she could make up a Yellow FF package just for you.
Now THAT'S dedication to a sight gag! :thumbup:
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Ed Holley wrote:A 90 1/2 Fleetwood Bounder motorhome. One owner. Always garaged until about 1 year ago. About 38,000 original miles. 32 feet long. New Tires. GM chassis: 454 Chevy. Dual cabin A/C + in-dash A/C. Two televisions. Queen bed. Microwave. Excellent condition. An inexpensive first class tow vehicle.

$12,500.

Will trade for Yellow FF "package". :D
Ed- do you you know the max tow rating.and your approximate mpg?

Thanks.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Bill Schenker wrote:Ed- do you you know the max tow rating.and your approximate mpg?
Upgrading from the molester/abduction van?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Bill Schenker wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:A 90 1/2 Fleetwood Bounder motorhome. One owner. Always garaged until about 1 year ago. About 38,000 original miles. 32 feet long. New Tires. GM chassis: 454 Chevy. Dual cabin A/C + in-dash A/C. Two televisions. Queen bed. Microwave. Excellent condition. An inexpensive first class tow vehicle.

$12,500.

Thanks.
Don't know the max tow weight but I'll find out. I'd think it won't be more than 5,000 lbs and probably less. But for what it DOES have at THIS price, there are things that could be done to beef it up if it needed it without breaking the bank. MPG??? It's a class A motorhome. Depends on the driver and the load. Figure 10mpg. Most of our towing was a Jeep Cherokee flat-towed. Towed THAT as if it wasn't there.
2001 NB Miata
David Avard
Club: PSCC
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

Ed Holley wrote:
Bill Schenker wrote:

$12,500.

Thanks.
Don't know the max tow weight but I'll find out. I'd think it won't be more than 5,000 lbs and probably less. But for what it DOES have at THIS price, there are things that could be done to beef it up if it needed it without breaking the bank. MPG??? It's a class A motorhome. Depends on the driver and the load. Figure 10mpg. Most of our towing was a Jeep Cherokee flat-towed. Towed THAT as if it wasn't there.
Most tow ratings are based more on the hitch, and the fact that the tongue weight is so far behind the rear wheels. I think Chevy rated them for 3500-5000lbs, but with the right hitch (equalizer), that's not much of a problem. And I've seen huge trailers behind motorhomes, and huge weight (I know one Chevy motorhome and trailer that weighed 32-34k lbs combined that was used for many years). GCWR on that motorhome is likely 20k, with the motorhome at 12-14k by itself.

And I'd figure 7-10 mpg, at 60-75mph, assuming an OD trans.
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Bill Schenker wrote:Ed- do you you know the max tow rating.and your approximate mpg?
Upgrading from the molester/abduction van?
*golfclap*
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Bump.

Relating to the tow capacity and gas mileage for this motorhome, I believe that David Avard has provided pretty spot-on information for this vehicle as follows...

Most tow ratings are based more on the hitch, and the fact that the tongue weight is so far behind the rear wheels. I think Chevy rated them for 3500-5000lbs, but with the right hitch (equalizer), that's not much of a problem. And I've seen huge trailers behind motorhomes, and huge weight (I know one Chevy motorhome and trailer that weighed 32-34k lbs combined that was used for many years). GCWR on that motorhome is likely 20k, with the motorhome at 12-14k by itself.

2001 NB Miata
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Ed Holley wrote:Bump.

Relating to the tow capacity and gas mileage for this motorhome, I believe that David Avard has provided pretty spot-on information for this vehicle as follows...

Time for a bump. Mako where are you?
2001 NB Miata
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Time for a bump. Someone could have used this at the Nat'l Tour. Very comfortable.
2001 NB Miata
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Where am I ?

READING THIS AND drooling ... maybe one day. Too big and thirsty right now. :( ... and after driving with Doug last weekend, really digging the Arrive and Drive aspect of RT type cars ... like a BRZ. :heyes: ... mean while the ITA Miata is at Guy Ankeny's, on a long and slippery slope (Karen's). :?
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

It's bump time. Unless I use it in the meantime, it presently comes with about $300 worth of gas in the tank.
2001 NB Miata
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

Bumpity Bump. :lol:
2001 NB Miata
Ed Holley