FS Miata CSP *nice*

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Michael Wood

FS Miata CSP *nice*

Post by Michael Wood »

A friend here in NorCal, Rick Gould, needs to sell his CSP car. Many of you National CSP guys/gals know this car, it is an absolute sweetheart...add the new 13" Hoosiers and run with the big dogs (or kick the Col's bootie :D ), no problems. I don't have all the details, yet, but here's the basics:

From memory, the car has the following done to it:

2001 engine
Tec ECU with custom fuel mapping
Penske DA race shocks and good (not sure the numbers) springrate springs
ABS
Burns lightweight exhaust cans (no cat)
Some kind of (non-stock) tubular exhaust header.
Panasport (light as hell) 13X9 rims
90 lightweight dashboard
Intake velocity stack and CAI.
Racing Beat 1.125" swaybar and adjustable endlinks
Momo steering wheel
Sparco race seat with sliders. (drivers side)
Some really light weight go-kart seat (passenger side)
Poly (or maybe delrin?) suspension bushings
Manual steering rack, no air conditioning.
Soft top removed

I'm sure there's a lot more, but those are the things that I remember. I could be slightly off on a couple things, though. I'm just going off of memory.

This car is super clean, so make the passenger seat weigh 20lbs and you're instantly competitive in CSP. Rick is asking $15,000/obo for it and I don't think you could build one anywhere near as good for twice that amount. Any interested parties, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll forward to Rick. Thanks-Mike

Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Re: FS Miata CSP *nice*

Post by Bill Schenker »

Michael Wood wrote: run with the big dogs (or kick the Col's bootie :D ), no problems
Really? Then maybe YOU better buy this car, take the "XP" off of your car and put it on Rick's car...maybe THEN you might have a chance to "kick the Col's bootie". :mrt:
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

so make the passenger seat weigh 20lbs
And the legal height, but still ... it's a cheap way in.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Legal height?

Oh, headrest rule?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

Bill Schenker wrote:
Michael Wood wrote: run with the big dogs (or kick the Col's bootie :D ), no problems
Really? Then maybe YOU better buy this car, take the "XP" off of your car and put it on Rick's car...maybe THEN you might have a chance to "kick the Col's bootie". :mrt:
You know I just threw that in there to make sure this thread got some play...Rick really needs to sell the car :)

BTW, I'm not sure what's up with the XP car. The car's owner, Glen, pulled the street suspension (that we've been running on so far) out of it to install the springs and Penskes and found the adjustable shocks won't fit...too long of shock body. So, I may end up just running my Mustang in FS for the forseeable future...which is fine. The XP car still needs a ton of set up work and I'm overwhelmed with work and other projects, as it is... :shock:
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

things that go BUMP
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Bill Schenker wrote:
No Michael, what you should do is build a BMW 325 in DSP trim or a BMW M3 in STU trim (but slap on some R-Compounds) to make it SM legal and I can GUARANTEE you'll beat the "Colonel". Just look at the last event's results. A supposed "Fast" and "Furious" CSP Miata got spanked by 2 grocery-getters!!!
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

^I think there's more to the story...

What I can't believe is that Rick hasn't had any real offers for his car, yet...I'm sure he's willing to talk on price, too.