Free: GEEZ, G Cube Data Acquisition system

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Chris Teague
Club: GRA
Car#: 60

Free: GEEZ, G Cube Data Acquisition system

Post by Chris Teague »

If anyone is interested in one of the original data acquisition systems, I have a complete setup, G-Cube, GEEZ!, and the Palm pilot with serial port to capture all the data. I'm happy to give it away if anyone wants a historical device. The software and protection device are included, although it's on a floppy disk and I don't have anything with a floppy disk anymore.
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Re: Free: GEEZ, G Cube Data Acquisition system

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Chris Teague wrote:If anyone is interested in one of the original data acquisition systems, I have a complete setup, G-Cube, GEEZ!, and the Palm pilot with serial port to capture all the data. I'm happy to give it away if anyone wants a historical device. The software and protection device are included, although it's on a floppy disk and I don't have anything with a floppy disk anymore.
The floppy is only half the problem, its finding a laptop that can fit the serial port dongle. :lol: Those were great back in the day. :thumbup:
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
Chris Teague wrote:If anyone is interested in one of the original data acquisition systems, I have a complete setup, G-Cube, GEEZ!, and the Palm pilot with serial port to capture all the data. I'm happy to give it away if anyone wants a historical device. The software and protection device are included, although it's on a floppy disk and I don't have anything with a floppy disk anymore.
The floppy is only half the problem, its finding a laptop that can fit the serial port dongle. :lol: Those were great back in the day. :thumbup:
Our timing computers have the old style serial ports. Needed them for the old timers. I think I actually might have a floppy drive laying around, too!
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Post by Art Rinner »

Jason Isley BS RX8 wrote:
You can pick up serial port to usb adapters just about anywhere.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Hi Chris,

I still have a nine pin on my desktop. If it's a 3.5 floppy, I'd be interested in giving it a new home. If I remember correctly, you only need the palm in the car, not a laptop, Yes?
Chris Teague
Club: GRA
Car#: 60

Post by Chris Teague »

Craig,

Well it's yours then. I'll keep in in the car so it will be with me at the CSCC and SD events, and just let me know what the next event you will be at. And yes, the Palm is only needed in the car for data collection, and the laptop runs the software to view the results.

Chris
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Thanks I look forward to using it.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Craig Naylor wrote:Thanks I look forward to using it.
Now all you need is to purchase the Cray computer to run it on :lol: :lol: :lol:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.