WTB: 4x100 Wheels

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Matt Ales
Car#: 87

WTB: 4x100 Wheels

Post by Matt Ales »

Hey all,

My buddies and I are building a ChumpCar, 1985 VW Jetta, I know I know, German, lack of, fury. We mostly like building things. Anyways, we are looking to buy a cheap set of wheels or 2. 4x100 bolt pattern, preferably 15" Diam or larger and 6" width or larger so we can actually find tires. 35-40mm offset is what Tire Rack shows but its a chumpcar, so we can make pretty much anything work. Price, we'd like to stay in the under $250 range, the cheaper the better! One small request, we'd prefer they not be those nasty stock solid black wheels that live under fake plastic hubcaps. Those suck and we want our car to be kinda cool. You know, for an '85 Jetta. :D

Please let me know if you have any wheels lying around that you're interested in selling. Thanks!
#87 - 2006 BMW M3
Bobby Beyer

Re: WTB: 4x100 Wheels

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Not sure if the 14" Falken has been discontinued but its a really good option for a chumpcar.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Brian Kelly
Club: No$
Car#: 215

Post by Brian Kelly »

I have a set of 15x7 +42 FN01RCs, but two of them have slight bends on the inner lips. On the Miata, it makes the car shudder a bit at around 32mph, and it gets another small shudder at around 65. Not sure if you could balance them out, or pound out the bends with a rubber mallet. I'd let them go for $250. They're pretty light, and should make for good chumpy rims.

Also, they have almost brand new tires mounted right now. If you want them, I could throw them in for another $100. They're 400tw Accelera Alphas, so I doubt you'd want to race on them or anything.
2000 Miata LS
#215 ES
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Matt Ales wrote:Hey all,

My buddies and I are building a ChumpCar, 1985 VW Jetta, I know I know, German, lack of, fury. We mostly like building things. Anyways, we are looking to buy a cheap set of wheels or 2. 4x100 bolt pattern, preferably 15" Diam or larger and 6" width or larger so we can actually find tires. 35-40mm offset is what Tire Rack shows but its a chumpcar, so we can make pretty much anything work. Price, we'd like to stay in the under $250 range, the cheaper the better! One small request, we'd prefer they not be those nasty stock solid black wheels that live under fake plastic hubcaps. Those suck and we want our car to be kinda cool. You know, for an '85 Jetta. :D

Please let me know if you have any wheels lying around that you're interested in selling. Thanks!
Matt: I have some 14x6 4x100 stock Miata wheels. They have R-Comps mounted on them, which MAY be heat-cycled. $200 and they are yours.

Let me know here.

Ed
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Matt Ales
Car#: 87

Post by Matt Ales »

Bobby Beyer wrote:Not sure if the 14" Falken has been discontinued but its a really good option for a chumpcar.
Yea looks like the RT615 comes in 14" but that leaves just that and Dunlops for tire choices which is pretty slim pickn's.

Brian, I'll let you know if we want to go that route. I think $250 for bent rims might be at little pricey for us but if we don't have any other options we may do it and try the beat with a hammer method.

Ed, we're going to try to find some 15" or bigger if we can to get us into more tire options. But if we need multiple sets I'll let you know. We have the stock set of 14" right now. Thanks for offering.
#87 - 2006 BMW M3
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

Matt Ales wrote:
Bobby Beyer wrote:Not sure if the 14" Falken has been discontinued but its a really good option for a chumpcar.
Yea looks like the RT615 comes in 14" but that leaves just that and Dunlops for tire choices which is pretty slim pickn's.

Brian, I'll let you know if we want to go that route. I think $250 for bent rims might be at little pricey for us but if we don't have any other options we may do it and try the beat with a hammer method.

Ed, we're going to try to find some 15" or bigger if we can to get us into more tire options. But if we need multiple sets I'll let you know. We have the stock set of 14" right now. Thanks for offering.
I have some 15*7 kazzera kz-m's 30mm offset, around 13-14 lbs.. They have some worn all seasons on them. $200 for all four.