Local Tire shop w/ RS3?

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Jake Stumph
Car#: 200

Local Tire shop w/ RS3?

Post by Jake Stumph »

Does any one know of any local places that can source a pair of RS3 for me, in either 245/40 or 255/40R17? I have been roped into a track day with some buddies of mine, but my front tires are shot, and I don't think they can take any more abuse, especially not for several 20 minute sessions. Who has the hook up for RS3? Either that or call TireRack and wait...

- Jake

P.S. here's a recent-ish pic for reference, they've taken some additional beatings since this was taken. They measure apporx 1.5/32nd. Would you trust these for a full lapping day (i.e. 5 or so 20 minute sessions)?

https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing #200 H-Street, Silver Civic Si Sedan.
MikeColangelo

Re: Local Tire shop w/ RS3?

Post by MikeColangelo »

Can these tires be flipped on the wheel so that the worn outside tread will now be on the inside (where it's less loaded)? If you do that, I bet you could get at least 4 on-track sessions out of them.

BTW, which track?
Jake Stumph
Car#: 200

Post by Jake Stumph »

I could have them flipped. However, a lot of tire shops will refuse to flip a worn tire due to the liability. Also, figure if it costs $50 of whatever to have the tire dismounted, flipped and rebalanced, I may as well pony up for new tires since I would just be doing the same thing again a few weeks later.

Streets of Willow, CW. I've run it CCW a handful of times, but this will be the first time running it CW.
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing #200 H-Street, Silver Civic Si Sedan.
Guy Walker
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

Jake Stumph wrote:I could have them flipped. However, a lot of tire shops will refuse to flip a worn tire due to the liability. Also, figure if it costs $50 of whatever to have the tire dismounted, flipped and rebalanced, I may as well pony up for new tires since I would just be doing the same thing again a few weeks later.

Streets of Willow, CW. I've run it CCW a handful of times, but this will be the first time running it CW.
my local America's Tire will unmount, rotate, mount, and balance for $20 a tire (it use to be $15 until my last trip - new owner upped the price). I know that's about $160/hour, but it is cheaper than $300+/new tire.
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Tire Rack has exclusivity on Hankook RS3v2 so you're kinda outta luck.

Personally I wouldn't run those tires at SOW even if you did flip them.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

TireRack sometimes has impressively quick delivery if in stock in Reno. Maybe call them. I think I once got tires next day, but I expect it was a fluke.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

If they are in stock in Reno I almost always get my tires next day from Tirerack. I've ordered several sets in the last 6 months and they all came in a day. Even two shaved sets (I ordered those very early in the morning). Those caught me off guard because they told me two days each time.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Guy Walker
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:If they are in stock in Reno I almost always get my tires next day from Tirerack. I've ordered several sets in the last 6 months and they all came in a day. Even two shaved sets (I ordered those very early in the morning). Those caught me off guard because they told me two days each time.
me too... on 3 different orders, I got them delivered next day from tirerack.
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Last time I ordered Hankooks they were drop shipped from the MFG in Long Beach, maybe you'll get lucky like I did.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Chris Hofmann
Car#: 501

Post by Chris Hofmann »

Also try 714tires down past long beach. he has all kinds of stuff.
A1 Higher Graphics | Clutchmasters | CobaltNation | CrateEngineDepot | DEI | GoPro | GoPuck | PLWA | Rockwell Time | Slick Products | SpyOptics | Trackspec Motorsports | ZZPerformance
#501 Chevrolet Cobalt
Steve O'Blenes

Post by Steve O'Blenes »

You could try FRSport in Fountain valley. They may be able to source tires and also they may have some used sets they would be willing to sell from their BRZ that they campaign. Ask for Cat and tell them I sent you.

Steve O'Blenes