FREE 2011 C/S National Champion Pontiac Solstice...

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Diana Albin

FREE 2011 C/S National Champion Pontiac Solstice...

Post by Diana Albin »

Yes you read the FREE car part right. This trailer queen with 60+ K miles was a salvage car we bought from Tom Berry. Eric Clements built the car and installed all ZOK suspension components and ABS braking system. Eric did a head R&R with Dave Rebello doing the valve job. RC flowed the injectors. For all the new competitors here I can tell you that this car has basically been unbeaten. When Ryan Buetzer won the 2011 C/S National Championship he was also the #1 PAX stock car too. This car has been the local champion in C/S, SK2, RTR Open and RTR women's class along with being the #1 PAX car several times with 2 different drivers. Now the Solstice is a collectors item with a pedigree since Pontiac is no longer a GM brand.

The car goes for free to the person/team who buys all the support equipment which includes:

Penske DA shocks with newer version of compression canisters that we have been developing between 2010 and 2013. These shocks are without peer. Nitrogen tank with regulator and hoses along with a gauge to adjust the nitrogen pressures. Current Steve Watt shock dyno sheets for the force values @ 1 & 3 inch pounds per second for each individual shock makes adjustments for compression and/or rebound easy and extremely accurate. This is a black art area where we gain the most of our advantage over lesser developed cars.

4 Sets of 18x8 tires and wheels. I set of CE 28 Volks that weigh a ridiculous sub 15 lbs each. They took a year to have made from Japan and cost over 3k. The Volks are fitted with 265 Dunlop Z11's. Set 2 are the Anthracite SSR's with 285 Hoosiers mounted. Third set is O.Z. Alleggerita Silver with new 275 Rivals mounted. The fourth set is a set of stock Pontiac Solstice wheels with a set of Dunlop 265 Star Specs that have over 350 runs on them and are still unbelievably fast with tire tread left.

The tires have been treated with Formula V, wrapped and bagged in 2 Sets of Blackwatch thermal bags and 2 sets of Tire Rack bags. The car also has a car cover and all the stock parts. Special rear Caster alignment gauge and a lot more things that go into package once an interest has been established. A custom tandem wheel Shadow trailer can be available too.

$12,500... For more information call Tim Albin @ 3105339595...
Diana Albin

Re: FREE 2011 C/S National Champion Pontiac Solstice...

Post by Diana Albin »

UPDATE: Our Pontiac Solstice wins a very tough B/Street class at the 2015 El Toro Pro Solo event last weekend. We took the Solstice off the jack stands, put in a new battery and washed it and made a guest appearance last weekend to show all the new competitors how good this car is. Note: We ran the car on old Dunlop Z11's that we ran in 2013. Just goes to show that the newest and greatest tire isn't mandatory for winning a national event.

We will also include instructions on how to adjust the shock compression/rebound settings and tire pressures to get the handling/balance optimized for any track surface or condition.

This car is now a classic and has an unmatched winning record in SCCA SOLO events.
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

While I agree with your statement "Just goes to show that the newest and greatest tire isn't mandatory for winning a national event", all else equal, you will need an alien driver like Ryan to do so. Any one of us mere mortals, would not achieve the same result.

My offer from Saturday stands, I'll be happy to take the Free car... and I'll let you keep all the parts to sell to another party.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Jeff Bandes won in a Solstice at San Diego Tour. So, early on Solstice seems like a good CS car this year.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Jeff Bandes won in a Solstice at San Diego Tour. So, early on Solstice seems like a good CS car this year.
Their Solstice is an amazing CS car. Problem is it's in BS :lol: :lol: :lol:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Whoops, I can't keep it straight.... Bandes won BS then by a good distance I think. Buetzer by a bunch at the Pro.

That car also seems to be very gentle on tires.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Best handling car I've ever driven...stock, modified, or otherwise.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Whoops, I can't keep it straight.... Bandes won BS then by a good distance I think. Buetzer by a bunch at the Pro.
Steve don't get Tim going on the CS thing

... it's sad the car is up for sale at all, and not still being campaigned by it's owner. The concern of it being missed classed, apparently is a non issue based upon the SD & El Toro results.