[SOLD]: 2006 Mazda MX-5 CSP National Champion

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Ken Motonishi
Club: GRA
Car#: 491

Re: FS: 2006 Mazda MX-5 CSP National Champion

Post by Ken Motonishi »

Brian Peters wrote:Aaron, with the 285s it's close to the STI, at about 53-54 mph. Also like the STI it has a very usable 3rd though and it's typically not a problem having to shift. Keep in mind this is with the stock rev-limiter at 6800 rpm. I've talked with the guys at MER (MX-5 Cup champions) and they feel the motor could easily spin to 7400 or so for solo use. Last time I checked with the guys at Sniper, they were close to unlocking the rev-limiter.

There's no debate though, the NC needs the acceleration of the 6spd for CSP. SM2 would be a different story.
The 2009 MX-5 engines are getting a 500 rpm bump in redline- with the help of redesigned/more efficient/use of different materials/better manufactured valve springs, crank and pistons. Brian does your MX-5 come with a forged crankshaft?
Dood, are you gonna eat that?
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

David, the tach in my car is very optimistic as well. You'd think it revs over 7k based on where the needle ends up.

Ken, yeah I had read that about the '09s and to answer your question, no I don't think the earlier NC's have a forged crank. They're getting a forged crank, floating pistons, and upgraded valve springs, which I find odd given that the supposed weakest link in the current engine is supposed to be the rods. Who knows...

We'll have to see if anybody develops an '09. Power levels will reportedly stay the same so it'll come down to whether the extra gear makes that much of a difference. Luckily brand new full long blocks from Mazdaspeed are only ~$3k if the new buyer wants to upgrade. :P

So, am I going to have to drive this thing over and give test drives or something? That first free hit is all it would take...
Ken Motonishi
Club: GRA
Car#: 491

Post by Ken Motonishi »

If I were looking for a new class/car this would definitely be near the top of my list.

Very curious to see what class you run next year Brian. CSP definitely has a lot of competitive flair.
Dood, are you gonna eat that?
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

Photos are up: http://picasaweb.google.com/Eunos2/2006MX5CSP#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here are some more from nationals: http://picasaweb.google.com/Eunos2/2008 ... ampionship#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ken Motonishi wrote: Very curious to see what class you run next year Brian.
I dunno Ken, where are you going to be running? 8-) I have a class/car picked out, but it will obviously depend on whether the Mazda sells.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I certainly agree with you ... THIS CSP car would be the way to go ... for a lot of us ... including perhaps you. ;)
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Bump for my buddy!
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

Thanks Max!

Here's a short article from Modified Magazine that just came out this week featuring the car. Mike Speck (ex Pro now Bondurant Instructor) drove the car for a few laps on one of their road courses and wrote up his opinions. I've only had it out on "track" two other times and found the car to be surprisingly fast on both Firebird East and West tracks. Not all the details are 100% accurate in the article but I think it tells well of the car's general capabilites and overall versatility. Also, the actual test drive was several months ago, so the car's seen more development since.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Eunos2/Modi ... neArticle#
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

Bump for lowered price.

Come on Max, life's short!
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Brian Peters wrote:Bump for lowered price.

Come on Max, life's short!
Yeah, c'mon Max! If you buy Brian's car, someone might buy mine. :D
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

I'm not buying any cars for while. However, when I do, I hope Brian's is still for sale.
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

Sorry Max, sale pending... :(
Max Hayter

Post by Max Hayter »

Brian Peters wrote:Sorry Max, sale pending... :(
To Bill Schenker? :gpower:
~Max H.

#31 SSC
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Max Hayter wrote:
Brian Peters wrote:Sorry Max, sale pending... :(
To Bill Schenker? :gpower:
Business must be good on SM Blvd in West Hollywood :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I got my hash pipe
Bum bum ba da bum bum ba da bum bum ba da
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Victor Livengood

Re: [SOLD]: 2006 Mazda MX-5 CSP National Champion

Post by Victor Livengood »

The car is awesome. Brian was very particular about this car and it is everything he said and more.

It is fairly street friendly, but after the wife and I drove it home, we know every bump in the road from AZ to WA. Now the car has to deal with cold temperatures, something it didn't see much of in PHX. Kudos to Brian and I can't wait until the winter thaw!!!
Vic
SSSCC.org
WA