370z and 24' enclosed trailer, $28,995

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Jason Rhoades
Car#: 0

370z and 24' enclosed trailer, $28,995

Post by Jason Rhoades »

2014 gun metallic base + sport package (bigger brakes, rev-match downshift, factory viscous LSD)
1954 miles, still basically brand new, always kept indoors

Custom-built Koni 30-series with curves matching the 28-series on the Brian Peters 350z
Spherical bearing top mounts
1100lb front, 800lb. rear hyper coil springs (1200,700,650lb pairs of hyper coils included)
Hotchkis sway bars front and rear (front is big but not adjustable, rear is adjustable)
Kinetic adjustable front upper control arms, modified for more negative camber
Adjustable rear spring perches adapted to 2.5” springs

Quaife limited slip diff
Solid poly rear subframe and diff bushings
Rear subframe and braces powder coated silver and dark gray (much nicer than crummy black paint from factory)
Front strut tower brace powder coated dark gray

34-row Z1 Motorsports oil cooler
Z1 motorsports two-piece front rotors (10lb. lighter than OE per side)
Clear bra on forward half of hood
Factory slash guards plasti-dipped
XS Power 4lb. lithium battery

Red GTR start button
Recaro Pole Position driver seat in jersey and suede (+$1000)
Tomei duracon shift knob
Factory seat heater switch wired into the yaw sensor (disabling the yaw sensor doesn’t impede ABS but allows the car to better rotate under braking )

Stock wheels/tires (19x9, 19x10) in mint condition, tires have 150 miles on them
18x9 3-piece Jongbloed wheels (18 lbs.). Camaro bolt pattern with adapter. (+$2000)
Full-tread 255/40-18 Bridgestone RE71R, maybe 30 runs
Extra set of factory TPMS sensors in pressured vessel in glovebox (car not yet trained to them)

Takeda cold air intake, powder coated dark gray (looks factory)
PPE stainless headers with their fancy parallel merge collectors
Ciro 100-cell cats
Custom mid pipe with a pair of Burns mufflers on v-bands
Factory muffler - car is stock-level quiet at idle and cruise, louder at high revs but safe for 92db settings
Uprev tuned (before and after header install)
355hp, 280tq on Church’s dynapack

Royal Purple engine oil, Redline synthetics in trans and diff.

Have all the parts to go back to stock, except for the shift knob. STR mods started at 600 miles so the stock stuff is still perfect.

Includes 5hz DL1 cleanly wired in to the factory OBD2 port (giving throttle position, RPM, temperature, and other data)

Right fender behind front wheel has a very minor doink from a cone, easy to have fixed. Right front splash guard is a little less than perfect from cone hits. Front lower air dam a little gouged in one spot from trailering.

Lots more pics/videos here: http://www.rhoadescamaro.com/build/?cat=23

Included free with purchase, 24’ Pace enclosed trailer

Trailer was recently hit by a neighboring motorhome - still tows fine and appears weatherproof. At the shop now getting repair estimate. Figured this would be a way to offer it basically for free, and I'll keep the insurance settlement. Trailer not available separately until the Z sells. I don't have the trailer title, you'll have to get a new one. Trailer is rough cosmetically but fine mechanically, fresh tires and comes with hitch, WD and anti-sway setup, a set of tie-downs, spare, and the race ramps pictured.

If bought together, can deliver within a reasonable distance of So Cal.

$28,995
+$2000 for the Jongbloeds & Bridgestones
+$1000 for the Recaro seat
+$2500 to have the trailer repaired
Kaustav Acharya

Re: 370z and 24' enclosed trailer, $28,995

Post by Kaustav Acharya »

Shared on apexjunky! Hell of deal with the trailer!
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Jason Rhoades wrote:1954 miles, always kept indoors
Damn...

I've heard of indoor kart tracks...
But I want to see your indoor car track... to put that many miles on a car, indoors!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jason Rhoades

Post by Jason Rhoades »

Ha, well yeah, it has gone outside a few times, but really not often. It only saw rain once.

One thought for anyone considering building a 350z for STU - all the parts you'd need minus STU wheels are included in this package. You could buy this, put it back to stock and sell the car, leaving you with a $15k+ pile of really good and practically new ST parts, for like $3-4k and a weekend or two's worth of work.

If there ends up not being interest in the car in this form, will be putting it back to stock myself.
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Awwww. Hate to see you sell it. I was wondering when you'd come back out with it.

What are your next plans? Are you going to Nats this year?
Jason Rhoades

Post by Jason Rhoades »

Not this year - first full year off, be back next year. If all goes to plan, it'll be in a blue car that hasn't seen much action the past few years...but not that one..or maybe..? 8-)

Trailer is starting to get repaired. Once it's done in a few weeks I'll start putting the Z back to stock-ish. If there was a pending switch to STU I'd consider keeping it, but that move looks a few years out at best. The Z is a lot of fun and all set to provide a whole lot of reliable fun to someone for a long long time.

If anybody is interested in the car or car + trailer, I'm willing to deal.
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Well, if you want to come to Nats and say hello, I might have a seat open if you wanna drive something that is competitive. :)
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Additionally, I know there is a current letter writing campaign to have the 370 moved to STU (where it obviously belongs) so if that happens this car will just need new wheels to be fully prepped for the class. Amazing deal.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Anyone know what the current market value is for various internal organs (the ones you can spare)?
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jason Rhoades

Post by Jason Rhoades »

Rick, most lenders can do loans on vehicles less than 5 years old... :D

The move to STU seems inevitable for those willing to wait a season or two, and it'll be killer there. Get it with the Jongbloeds and you only need 4 rim-halves (2" wider inners) instead of a whole set of wheels. In the meantime I still think it's competitive on a Nationals-scale course in the hands of someone more on their game than I've been.
Jason Rhoades

Post by Jason Rhoades »

Final price drop before it begins its journey back towards stock - $26,995.

I'm not going to be taking out the Quaife or rear subframe bushings. But if somebody wants it with those plus the PPE headers & Uprev tune, might be willing to do that for like $25k. Headers are a pain to swap in this thing! And I'll have to take it quite a ways to get it flashed back to stock.