WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderator: Will Kalman

User avatar
Ed T
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Location: Aliso Viejo
Contact:

WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Ed T » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi there, I'm looking for two 15"x6" and two 15"x7" wheels with 4x100 bolt pattern. Offsets between +38 to +45. The wheels do not have to be matching but I am looking for lightweight wheels. Bad cosmetic condition is okay as long as there are no cracks/repairs/serious damage. Thanks!

[7/17/2017 UPDATE]: I'm looking for another set of wheels. 15x7" and 15x6". 4x100. Offset +38 to +45. ES legal. Even if you only have one pair for sale, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Ed T on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

User avatar
Doug Teulie
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 99
Location: Orange County CA

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Doug Teulie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Ed T wrote:Hi there, I'm looking for two 15"x6" and two 15"x7" wheels with 4x100 bolt pattern. Offsets between +38 to +45. The wheels do not have to be matching but I am looking for lightweight wheels. Bad cosmetic condition is okay as long as there are no cracks/repairs/serious damage. Thanks!


What car do you want to mount the wheels on. The center bore is a factor.
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 17,519.740
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's

User avatar
Anthony Porta
Solo Safety Steward
Posts: 382
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:30 am

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Anthony Porta » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Send a message to leonard Cachola he has some
http://www.anthonyporta.net Solo Safety Steward

User avatar
Doug Teulie
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 99
Location: Orange County CA

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Doug Teulie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:53 pm

Depending on a few factors you have a few choices.

do you want the wheels for Auto-X?
If yes what class?
If street (look up the rules) I think you need to stay with stock offset and width but you can increase or decrease the dia. by one inch.
If ST the rules are different.

Sometimes new wheels are a better way to go than used. How light do you want to go? Tire Rack TRM wheels are a great value if they have your size. 949 has some great 4X100 wheels but I am not sure about the 6"-7" width.

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/BigPic.jsp?wheelMake=TRMotorsport&wheelModel=FF10&wheelFinish=Light+Grey+Painted

1995 MAZDA MIATA TRM FF10 wheels $129.00 each
Size:15x7
Offset:35mm
Backspacing:5.35"
Bolt Pattern:4-100
Rec. Tire Size:195/50-15
Weight:11.9 lbs.

1989 HONDA CRX TRM C1 $99.00 each
Size:15x7
Offset:42mm
Backspacing:5.67"
Bolt Pattern:4-100
Rec. Tire Size:195/50-15
Weight:12.8 lbs.
Finish:Light Grey Painted
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 17,519.740
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's

User avatar
Ed T
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Location: Aliso Viejo
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Ed T » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Doug Teulie wrote:
Ed T wrote:Hi there, I'm looking for two 15"x6" and two 15"x7" wheels with 4x100 bolt pattern. Offsets between +38 to +45. The wheels do not have to be matching but I am looking for lightweight wheels. Bad cosmetic condition is okay as long as there are no cracks/repairs/serious damage. Thanks!


What car do you want to mount the wheels on. The center bore is a factor.


Hi Doug, my car is a 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder. I believe the center bore is 54.1 http://autotk.com/wheels/toyota/mr2-spyder/

Anthony Porta wrote:Send a message to leonard Cachola he has some


Thanks! I'll send him a message!

Doug Teulie wrote:Depending on a few factors you have a few choices.

do you want the wheels for Auto-X?
If yes what class?
If street (look up the rules) I think you need to stay with stock offset and width but you can increase or decrease the dia. by one inch.
If ST the rules are different.

Sometimes new wheels are a better way to go than used. How light do you want to go? Tire Rack TRM wheels are a great value if they have your size. 949 has some great 4X100 wheels but I am not sure about the 6"-7" width.

http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/BigPic.jsp?wheelMake=TRMotorsport&wheelModel=FF10&wheelFinish=Light+Grey+Painted

1995 MAZDA MIATA TRM FF10 wheels $129.00 each
Size:15x7
Offset:35mm
Backspacing:5.35"
Bolt Pattern:4-100
Rec. Tire Size:195/50-15
Weight:11.9 lbs.

1989 HONDA CRX TRM C1 $99.00 each
Size:15x7
Offset:42mm
Backspacing:5.67"
Bolt Pattern:4-100
Rec. Tire Size:195/50-15
Weight:12.8 lbs.
Finish:Light Grey Painted


Thanks again Doug! Actually, I already have those TRM C1 wheels "saved" in my tirerack account. Seems to me like the lightest 15 x 6" wheels are the NB 5-spoke wheels http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

User avatar
Doug Teulie
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 99
Location: Orange County CA

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Doug Teulie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:24 pm

Ed T wrote:
Thanks again Doug! Actually, I already have those TRM C1 wheels "saved" in my tirerack account. Seems to me like the lightest 15 x 6" wheels are the NB 5-spoke wheels http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html


Are you running in E street?
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 17,519.740
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's

User avatar
Ed T
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Location: Aliso Viejo
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Ed T » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:53 pm

Doug Teulie wrote:
Ed T wrote:
Thanks again Doug! Actually, I already have those TRM C1 wheels "saved" in my tirerack account. Seems to me like the lightest 15 x 6" wheels are the NB 5-spoke wheels http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html


Are you running in E street?


Yes
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

User avatar
Doug Teulie
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 99
Location: Orange County CA

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Doug Teulie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:00 am

Ed T wrote:
Doug Teulie wrote:
Ed T wrote:
Thanks again Doug! Actually, I already have those TRM C1 wheels "saved" in my tirerack account. Seems to me like the lightest 15 x 6" wheels are the NB 5-spoke wheels http://www.miata.net/faq/wheel_weights.html


Are you running in E street?


Yes


The Miata wheel is a great choice. I think your wheels are 6Jx15 ET45 Center Bore: 54.1 mm
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 17,519.740
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's

bcohen5055
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:24 am

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby bcohen5055 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:35 am

Ed, I just sent you a message. I have a set of the miata 5 spokes that I'm looking to get rid of. I'd like to sell all 4 but and they would come mounted with a set of RE71Rs with about 150 runs on them. Let me know if you are interested

User avatar
Ed T
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Location: Aliso Viejo
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Ed T » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:33 pm

bcohen5055 wrote:Ed, I just sent you a message. I have a set of the miata 5 spokes that I'm looking to get rid of. I'd like to sell all 4 but and they would come mounted with a set of RE71Rs with about 150 runs on them. Let me know if you are interested


Hi bchoen5055, I'm interested but I didn't receive your message. Do you mind sending it again? Thanks!
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Tetsu Fukui
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 am
Club: No$
Car#: 308

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Tetsu Fukui » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:56 pm

Hey Ed,

I have a pair of bronze Volk Racing TE37's 15x7 48 off-set that I'm willing to let go.
You can PM me for price.

User avatar
Ed T
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Location: Aliso Viejo
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Ed T » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Bump, looking for another set of 15x7" and 15x6". 4x100. Offset +38 to +45. ES legal. Even if you only have one pair for sale, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

User avatar
Steve Coe
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 75
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Steve Coe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 am


Nic Sanchez
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:54 pm
Club: No$
Car#: 67
Location: La Habra

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Nic Sanchez » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:26 am

I have a set of Miata 15x6 +40 available.

Let me know if your are interested.

Nic

User avatar
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Posts: 1173
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82
Location: WeHo
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Leonard Cachola » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:50 pm

Anthony Porta wrote:Send a message to leonard Cachola he has some


Nope, no 15s here. I have 16x6.5" lightweights. Still for sale too.
~Leonard Cachola
PORTFOLIO: http://lcachola.com; WEBCOMICS: http://www.inniesandoutties.com
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator

User avatar
Ed T
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Location: Aliso Viejo
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Ed T » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:02 pm

Steve Coe wrote:http://www.sdsolo.com/forum/showthread.php?4747-For-Sale-15x6-w-RE-71R-205-50-(Miata-NA-NB-stock-class)


Steve


:o exactly what I wanted but sold! :/ Thanks for the link tho!
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

User avatar
Ed T
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Location: Aliso Viejo
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Ed T » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Nic Sanchez wrote:I have a set of Miata 15x6 +40 available.

Let me know if your are interested.

Nic


Going to PM you. Thanks Nic
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

Nic Sanchez
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:54 pm
Club: No$
Car#: 67
Location: La Habra

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Nic Sanchez » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:22 pm

Text me. PM'd you my cell#

Nic

User avatar
Ed T
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:16 am
Car#: 711
Location: Aliso Viejo
Contact:

Re: WTB: 15x6" and 15x7" lightweight wheels

Postby Ed T » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Nic Sanchez wrote:Text me. PM'd you my cell#

Nic


Big shoutout to Nic for loaning me a pair of 15x6" for Nationals! :thumbup:

Still looking for 15x7" :D
ES #711 2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder


Return to “For Sale/Wanted”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests