'99 Miata pep setup for STR (lite) $4700

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Wiggy

'99 Miata pep setup for STR (lite) $4700

Post by Wiggy »

i bought this Miata from Max Hayter in March of 2016. It now has 77,100 miles on it. It mostly sits in my garage. I drive it about once every two weeks. My new job allows me to ride my bicycle to work, so I just don't have much reason to own a third car. I co-drive an older CSP Miata, so I don't even autox it.

Paint is really good for an 18 year old car, but not perfect. Interior is amazing. Top is in good condition. Everything works.

It burns a little oil. I'm pretty sure one of the oil scrapers failed on a piston. Makes very good power and passes emissions. Max thought that he had the oil use fixed when he swapped out the cylinder head. See below.

I live in Phoenix AZ area. Wiggy Greacen 505-470-4047 cell. I can try to deliver on an autox weekend if you pay my entry fee.

This is a fairly hard to find PEP package car which includes :

Power windows
Power door locks
Power antenna
Cruise Control
Windblocker
Air conditioning (works great)
5 speed transmission
Torsen differential

I spent a long time finding this car. It is in spectacular condition and I have upgraded it with the following :

Pro PartsUSA Koni Race shocks in the front with 500lb springs
Koni Sport shocks in the rear with ISC custom top hats (spring locator added) and 300lb springs
kosei 15x7 wheels with Dunlop 205/50/15 DZ102 tires (I have the original wheels which will be included in the sale)
Racing Beat front sway bay with HD mounts
Roadster Sport cat back
Aftermarket header with O2 extenders to midpipe cat (no CELs)
99 Sport Front Lip
Alpine H/U with Bluetooth
White gauges from the 2002+ model

In addition, the following maintenance items have been done in the last 18 months :

Timing Belt/Water Pump
Radiator
Brake Master Cylinder
Rear O2 sensor
PCV Valve
New front rotors
Hawk HPS (front) and HP+ (rear) pads (still in boxes unopened)
New Exedy Clutch
Newish top with rear glass. No holes.
New head!!! The car was consuming oil, and it was determined to be the valves. I had a very low mileage head sent out for reconditioning and then installed by Stan. The bottom end looked fantastic, so essentially it's like a new engine now and the oil consumption issue is fixed.

Issues :

Well, none really other than it has a salvage title. The car was hit on the drivers side wheel and required a new wheel, shock, upper control arm and fender (plus associated painting). No inner structure was damaged and the car was professionally repaired. Stan and I have gone over the car and we find no evidence of additional damage. The car aligns perfectly straight. The price reflects the salvage title.

I looked for six months to find a NB in this good a condition... it's very rare to find one this nice.
Wiggy

Re: '99 Miata pep setup for STR (lite) $4700

Post by Wiggy »

I'm also trying to acquire all the parts to return the car to E Street. I think it can be competitive there. It is painful to take good parts off the car, buy good used parts to replace them, and sell it at a further loss.