Split OT from FS: 2006 Mazda MX-5 CSP National Champion

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Split OT from FS: 2006 Mazda MX-5 CSP National Champion

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Off Topic ... but, is the MS-R package still available? Can it go on a '08/'09 or does it have to go on a '07
Curt Luther
Club: PSCC
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Re: FS: 2006 Mazda MX-5 CSP National Champion

Post by Curt Luther »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Off Topic ... but, is the MS-R package still available? Can it go on a '08/'09 or does it have to go on a '07
To be CS legal, has to go on an '07.
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

So it sounds like the only CS Miata capable of Nationals is a '07 MS-R ... fairly restrictive

Odd that they would allow stiffer lowering springs (besides chassis bracing, etc.) on only one particular "stock" Miata. I guess that special Solstice package also has them?
Jason Isley BS RX8
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Isley BS RX8 »

Mako Koiwai wrote:So it sounds like the only CS Miata capable of Nationals is a '07 MS-R ... fairly restrictive

Odd that they would allow stiffer lowering springs (besides chassis bracing, etc.) on only one particular "stock" Miata. I guess that special Solstice package also has them?
So because 12 months has passed since a 99' won natls it is all of a sudden dead? I call BS. :roll: I guess you missed all the other events this year where CS was won by a 99'.

What other cars outside of CS get special packages and still have a lesser sibling in the same class.... SS: C5-C6 Z06 with standard C5-C6, 996 911 GT3 with standard 996 911; AS: Boxster S M030 with standard Boxster, Solstice GXP ZOK with standard Solstice GXP and Saturn Sky RL; BS: Nismo 350Z with base 350Z, DS: BMW 330 ZHP with standard 330; FS: Shelby GT - Mach 1 - Cobra - SVT Cobra all with the Fox body and SN95 Mustangs, Camaro SS with every V8 Camaro ever built.

I could go on and on, but don't need to , clearly I have shown you have been singled out and screwed because you drive a 99' Miata. :thumbup:

Nice of you to turn a for sale thread into a "poor me" thread. BTW you do realize that the Miata R and Club Sport cars from a few years ago also got "special" parts that base cars don't have, this is not something new - particularly from Mazda.

P.S. I recently got to drive a CS MSR. While it is a great car, I think someone would be insane to build one when for the same money you could buy this FASTER CSP car.