FS: Dark Matter

Automotive Related, Please.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Anthony P.

Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

FS: Dark Matter

Post by Mark DeShon »

The time has come to close this chapter. I still need this car probably through January, but the decision to sell it is final and details can be worked out. I'm putting some feelers out there now so people can plan their 2018 season. I hope I can send this to a good home where someone will put it to good use.
The History: Purchased used in October of 2014 and built for the 2015 season. Won the 2015 STU national championship with Jeff Stuart at the wheel. 2nd in 2016. Car has been kept current and capable. Took top PAX at a recent Cal Club regional autocross (with Jeff again). Possibly the most fun competition car I've ever driven.
The car: 2008 Nissan 350z Base. 140k miles. Current on all maintenance including timing chains in March of 2016. Clean title, but there are some rough spots in the body and interior (scratches on interior plastic, slightly banged up and cone marked rocker panels, and fogging on headlights). She runs like a champ!
The Upgrades:
Penske 8300 DA dampers valved by Ankeny Racing Enterprises
DIF and custom CNCed shock mounts
Rear under-body ride height adjusters (DIF prototypes)
Hotchkis front and rear sway bars
Modified Cusco front camber arms with ST-legal bushings
Rear SPC camber arms
Cusco 1-Way RS differential (with proper stub axles )
PPE custom mid-length headers with integrated ST legal CATs
Tanabe Y-pipe and custom Burns Stainless rear section (loud!)
Tuned for 100 octane, but can discuss a retune for 91 or 93
Stillen underdrive pulleys
Brembo brake calipers over Z1 Motorsports 2-pc rotors
Stainless braided brake lines
Sparco Pro 2000 seats on custom brackets and Sparco sliders
Two sets of 18x11 wheels: Forgestar F14s and Enkei RS05RRs
This is an easy way to go very fast in STU. Over $30k invested. Asking $17,000
Mark DeShon

Re: FS: Dark Matter

Post by Mark DeShon »

Still available. Current smog cert valid for 90 days. Come and get it!
Mark D.
Mark DeShon

Re: FS: Dark Matter

Post by Mark DeShon »

Well it's that time of year again. Dark Matter is back on the market. Updates this year include new front rotors, G-lock pads, Diftech rear eccentric lockouts, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, and dampers recently refreshed by Ankeny Racing Enterprises with current dyno sheets. Full disclosure she also got a new core support and freshly painted front bumper cover after an off-course excursion. This car just ran Lincoln Solo Nationals in BSP class and finished 4th and 5th with no changes to the STU setup... Just add Hoosiers. It also had top scratch time in the class. With some development and a good driver it could definitely be at the pointy end of that field, and OMG it's fun on A7s! Can also be easily set up as a road racing or track day car.
I still love this car, but it's time to move on to something else, and I'm hoping for someone buy it and keep the spirit alive. I don't want to waste time, though, so if it doesn't sell within a month I will start de-prepping and parting it out. l would prefer it to go to a good home. $17,500