Cool new forum - avatar on left?

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Kristoffer Gjevre

Cool new forum - avatar on left?

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

I looked for but could not find an option to switch the avatar to the left instead of the default right side avatar which is unlike all other forums I read - so is there such an option?

Thanks,
Kristoffer
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

Re: Cool new forum - avatar on left?

Post by Christine Grice »

Nope. It is a forum thing, not a user thing. Sorry.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Kristoffer Gjevre wrote:I looked for but could not find an option to switch the avatar to the left instead of the default right side avatar which is unlike all other forums I read
Yeah that's true, I just thought of that but that's minor compared to the glory of having a 21st century message board. There's also an option to "hide" your status while online so you can "lurk" before posting. By default it's set to on, so you can see who's currently browsing the forums.
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

I like them over on the right, they're out of the way. I wish we could move Sigs over there, too. I only need to read someone's sig so many times before it's just visual noise. Almost 50% of the message space on the page is sigs/blank.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Will Kalman wrote:I like them over on the right, they're out of the way. I wish we could move Sigs over there, too. I only need to read someone's sig so many times before it's just visual noise. Almost 50% of the message space on the page is sigs/blank.
Which is exactly why I disabled sigs and avatars in my configuration. Plus that way, Palero's posts don't freak me out. ;)
Kristoffer Gjevre

Post by Kristoffer Gjevre »

Yes, disabled sigs for sure, I already did that. The sigs interfere with the readability of the posts, the avatars does not, in my opinion.

It is just kind of strange to have the avatar on the right as it is not a natural location for us left to right readers, and a quick glance at the avatar can help identify the person before starting to read the post.

When the avatars are on the left, and they are somewhat relevant to the person, such as the car or headshot or something similar then I feel it really enhances the forum experience... not that my current one is a great example (I grabbed one I use for a different topic forum for now)... and not that I do not like to look at bouncing boobs as avatars... whatever, great job on the new forum guys!!! :thumbup:

-kg