Cheap dyno day with prizes and drinks included!

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Larry Chen

Cheap dyno day!

Post by Larry Chen »

When: Sunday, September 13th 8am or earlier if you are willing.
Where: 15412 E Valley Blvd, City of Industry, CA 91746
Shop Name: HPS - maker of performance silicone hoses and intakes and dyno tuning shop.

$40 for 3 pulls! Its on a dyno pack. Sorry only 2wd cars.

There are 8 spots still open!

Call me if you guys are interested or just post here so I know who to expect. 310-528-3327

-Larry
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: Cheap dyno day!

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Karen's Miata ... comparing SuperTrapp stacks
Larry Chen

Post by Larry Chen »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Karen's Miata ... comparing SuperTrapp stacks
Mako, come by! I am going to be taking pictures. If you want to get it over with and leave early then just come early!

-Larry
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Thanks ...

Hopefully this will create some proof between those that say some back pressure is require for optimal "power" ... per John Edwards something like 3.XX lbs ... and those that insist that the less back pressure the better.
Larry Chen

Post by Larry Chen »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Thanks ...

Hopefully this will create some proof between those that say some back pressure is require for optimal "power" ... per John Edwards something like 3.XX lbs ... and those that insist that the less back pressure the better.
Great! So now we still have 7 spots open! Call me or post on here to reserve a spot! 310-528-3327

-Larry
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

For the $40/3 pull price, are they going to let me sit in the passenger seat & gather data? how about changing the boost in between runs?
Larry Chen

Post by Larry Chen »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:For the $40/3 pull price, are they going to let me sit in the passenger seat & gather data? how about changing the boost in between runs?
Just come! It will be worth it. You can sit in the car all you want. U can change boost too, but just make it quick. This is my first dyno day. I want it to run smoothly!

-Larry
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Larry Chen wrote:
Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:For the $40/3 pull price, are they going to let me sit in the passenger seat & gather data? how about changing the boost in between runs?
Just come! It will be worth it. You can sit in the car all you want. U can change boost too, but just make it quick. This is my first dyno day. I want it to run smoothly!

-Larry
Thanks. I ask because the last time I dyno'd the other car, they wouldn't let me do anything, which kinda made 3 pulls pointless.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Larry ... how late will this go?

I'm wondering if I can do my archery tournament in the morning and just get to the shop around noon? If necessary, I will forgo the archery match ...
Michael Nyden
Car#: 0

Cheap dyno day with prizes and drinks included!

Post by Michael Nyden »

We have an exclusive new dyno shop with a dynopack for only $40!

There will be free drinks as well as snacks available.

When: Sunday, September 13th 8am or earlier if you are willing.
Where: 15412 E Valley Blvd, City of Industry, CA 91746
Shop Name: HPS - maker of performance silicone hoses and intakes and dyno tuning shop.

There will be a raffle of silicone hoses, gift cards and possibly other various other items.

*Quick reminder, bring your wheel lock keys/sockets if you have special lugs that necessitate such, since this is a dynapack, it bolts to the hubs and requires the removal of your lugs.

Only 8 spots available (we have other sponsored and groups coming but I convinced them to let the solo guys have some spots)! RSVP fast before it fills up.
Larry Chen

Re: Cheap dyno day with prizes and drinks included!

Post by Larry Chen »

I already posted it, haha
Larry Chen

Post by Larry Chen »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Larry ... how late will this go?

I'm wondering if I can do my archery tournament in the morning and just get to the shop around noon? If necessary, I will forgo the archery match ...
Go to your archery tournament. Take your time. We have quite a few cars to go through. So come when you feel like it. Just give me a call when you come so I know when you are on your way. 310-528-3327.

Also a reminder to everyone, PLEASE bring your lug nut keys, don't laugh! People forget theirs all the time!

-Larry
Webster Jessup
Club: CASOC
Car#: 122

Re: Cheap dyno day with prizes and drinks included!

Post by Webster Jessup »

What do they charge for hourly dyno renting?

I say renting, because if I say dyno tuning, people mistake that for THE SHOP doing the tuning. I will be tuning my own car. I also need to be operating my car as well.

Thanks