Autocrosser Vendor Resource List

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Autocrosser Vendor Resource List

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Here's the latest iteration of the list. As more people send me their info, I'll update it. BTW, to get it to fit on the page, I had to make the text relatively small. If you have problems reading it, just increase the magnification on your PDF reader.

If you'd like to get on the list, just email or PM me with the info below (please be relatively concise):
* Name
* Company Name (optional)
* Phone
* Address (optional)
* Service(s) you provide
* Service area(s) covered
Attachments
AutoX Vendor Resources Upload D4.pdf
v4
(32.6 KiB) Downloaded 939 times
Last edited by Kurt Rahn on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
Kurt Rahn

Re: Autocrosser Vendor Resource List

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Okay guys, after a lot of enthusiasm from people, I only have responses from three people. C'mon peeps! Get me your info!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Bump. Only six people have businesses that would benefit from being on this list? Seriously? PM me or email me your info (listed above) if you want to get on too.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
John Ward

Post by John Ward »

Do you have to be an active auto-x`er ?................
Or can you be a used to be very active auto-x`er
Robert Puertas
Club: PSCC
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

John Ward wrote:Do you have to be an active auto-x`er ?................
Has been's are welcome. So long as they're not BMW mechanics...
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Robert Puertas wrote:
John Ward wrote:Do you have to be an active auto-x`er ?................
Has been's are welcome. So long as they're not BMW mechanics...
What he said. Extra bonus if they're Mini mecahnics willing to give a price break to vendor resource list compilers.
==============
John Coffey
Car#: 250

Post by John Coffey »

IMHO... I don't generally put my business on lists like these. There's the whole "Guilt by Association" thing that can bite a vendor in the butt. In the past I've been the victim on one of these lists when the information was used to generate spam and as a reference for a real shady vendor. I'm not implying that's what will be done with this list.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

John Coffey wrote:IMHO... I don't generally put my business on lists like these. There's the whole "Guilt by Association" thing that can bite a vendor in the butt. In the past I've been the victim on one of these lists when the information was used to generate spam and as a reference for a real shady vendor. I'm not implying that's what will be done with this list.
Would things like encoding phone numbers and email addresses in a non-standard format and restricting access to members only help?
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Rick Brown wrote:
John Coffey wrote:IMHO... I don't generally put my business on lists like these. There's the whole "Guilt by Association" thing that can bite a vendor in the butt. In the past I've been the victim on one of these lists when the information was used to generate spam and as a reference for a real shady vendor. I'm not implying that's what will be done with this list.
Would things like encoding phone numbers and email addresses in a non-standard format and restricting access to members only help?
I considered the same concern. Maybe I ought to leave the email addresses off, since we can all email each other using the site. If it's someone we don't want to hear from, it can just deleted, and no one knows what your real email address is. All the other info is publicly available.

Edit: done. No more email addresses. If people would feel more comfortable making this list registered members only, let me know.
==============
John Coffey
Car#: 250

Post by John Coffey »

The spam was less of a concern to me then being used as reference "See, this is a list of companies that do business with us" by someone doing pretty poor work.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

John Coffey wrote:The spam was less of a concern to me then being used as reference "See, this is a list of companies that do business with us" by someone doing pretty poor work.
I think if you do any advertising at all, you're at risk of this happening...I can leaf through the phone book or do a search for auto repair/racing supplies in Orange County, and I bet I can get most of the info for your business that we're providing on the list (especially since your URL is in your avatar ;) ). IMO, customer who would ask a business for references, then not check them is kinda stupid, and any business who would list a reference that they weren't 100% solid with is even stupider.

Anyway, if you don't feel 100% comfortable, I wouldn't do it.
==============
Kathy Teulie
Car#: 96

Post by Kathy Teulie »

Toby and Beverly have a car tinting business. I didn't see them on the list.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Kathy Teulie wrote:Toby and Beverly have a car tinting business. I didn't see them on the list.
They haven't sent me their info (hint hint). I don't want to try and describe what people do, as I might leave something out or misrepresent it. So unless people send me their info, I can't list them.
==============
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Elite Window Tinting pays for advertising on this site...
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

PEER 1 HOSTING
http://www.peer1.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.serverbeach.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.spawnpoint.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dedicated Hosting. Colocation. Network. Managed Hosting. Peering. CDN. Low Latency Gaming. 24/7
Vancouver, Seattle, Fremont, San Jose, Los Angeles, Dallas, San Antonio, Toronto, Chicago, Herndon, Atlanta, Miama, Montreal, New York, London & Amsterdam
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Michael Palero wrote:PEER 1 HOSTING
http://www.peer1.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.serverbeach.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.spawnpoint.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dedicated Hosting. Colocation. Network. Managed Hosting. Peering. CDN. Low Latency Gaming. 24/7
Vancouver, Seattle, Fremont, San Jose, Los Angeles, Dallas, San Antonio, Toronto, Chicago, Herndon, Atlanta, Miama, Montreal, New York, London & Amsterdam
Got it. Added. Anyone else?
==============
Don Green

Post by Don Green »

Kurt, Does this list still exist, and if so, where? I have an automobile technical writing business that I'd like to list or advertise somewhere on our site. What do you suggest? Thanks, Don
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Don Green wrote:Kurt, Does this list still exist, and if so, where? I have an automobile technical writing business that I'd like to list or advertise somewhere on our site. What do you suggest? Thanks, Don
I haven't been keeping this up. Not much response.
==============