Perpetual Hotel for Event Thread (priceline, etc)

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: Perpetual Hotel for Event Thread (priceline, etc)

Post by George Schilling »

Priceline hotel for the San Diego Tour

Holiday Inn La Mesa - 3* $42

As Priceline shoppers know, hotel prices have crept up a bit this year. Finding a nice hotel away from Hotel Circle in the $40 range proved a bit more challenging than in the past. This Holiday Inn is just off the 8 freeway and 6 miles away from Qualcomm, a 10 minute drive. Reviews are good. Free parking and internet.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

George,
When you stay on a Pricline bid, I assume you don't get that hotels points in their rewards programs. But... do you get the benefits of your already achieved rewards member level.... such as free internet or breakfast, if it's an otherwise charge situation without those rewards benefits at that location?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Craig Naylor wrote:George,
When you stay on a Pricline bid, I assume you don't get that hotels points in their rewards programs. But... do you get the benefits of your already achieved rewards member level.... such as free internet or breakfast, if it's an otherwise charge situation without those rewards benefits at that location?
I can't answer that Craig. But I would assume that since Priceline rooms are so deeply discounted that hotel rewards probably don't apply. I can tell you the American Express card I use gives me a two percent cash credit on hotels at the end of the year whether I book through Priceline, Hotwire or direct.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

A hotel just showed up on Hotwire.com in the La Mesa area. I believe it's the same hotel I got for $42 on Priceline. If Priceline doesn't work out for you, check out the Hotwire deal. Still a great price for this hotel.
Jay Balducci

Post by Jay Balducci »

For those looking for a hotel for the 4/5-7 Pro, I Priceline'd a hotel for Fri-Sun $65/night. $155.62 for 2 nights including taxes. With P/L fees, no need to go higher since booking direct is $85++/night.

3 star, Irvine Spectrum-Laguna Hills area
6 miles south of El Toro at I5/Lake Forest Drive

Holiday Inn Irvine South/Irvine Spectrum
23131 Lake Center Drive
Lake Forest, CA 92630
Justin Tsang
Car#: 88

Post by Justin Tsang »

Has anyone tried Priceline for SD Tour or El Toro Pro?

I tried $67 for 3 stars for Hotel Circle and was rejected.
FSP 88 Mazda 3
STX 88 v1 Mazdaspeed 3, v2 E36, v3 BRZ, v4 WRX?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Crow's Landing Pro Solo 6/6-6/8 and Tour 6/13-6/15.

Booked the Best Western in Patterson for both weekends, $85 plus tax per night using the SCCA block rate. Looks like a decent enough place in a very limited market. About 5 miles North or Crow's Landing. Credit card hold required. Liberal cancellation terms.

Has anyone else booked anything via Hotwire or Priceline?
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

I just booked there as well for both weekends.

She said they're close to full both weekends, so don't put it off for much longer.

I got a room in the reserved SCCA block for the Pro, but the block of rooms for the Tour is already used up, and they only have smoking rooms left.

I was able to get the SCCA price for both weekends, even though the block is used up.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Jeff Stuart wrote:I just booked there as well for both weekends.

She said they're close to full both weekends, so don't put it off for much longer.

I got a room in the reserved SCCA block for the Pro, but the block of rooms for the Tour is already used up, and they only have smoking rooms left.

I was able to get the SCCA price for both weekends, even though the block is used up.

Supposedly, there is a wait list for a room that doesn't smoke and I'm the first one on it. If you call back, you could be number two. Between now and then, certainly they'll have some cancellations.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

George Schilling wrote:
Jeff Stuart wrote:I just booked there as well for both weekends.

Supposedly, there is a wait list for a room that doesn't smoke and I'm the first one on it. If you call back, you could be number two. Between now and then, certainly they'll have some cancellations.
Cool, I'm on the wait list, we'll see what happens!
George Schilling
Club Representative

Jeff Stuart wrote:
George Schilling wrote:
Cool, I'm on the wait list, we'll see what happens!
You are now #1 on the list Jeff.

I, on the other hand, now have a room that doesn't smoke! :P
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

George Schilling wrote:I, on the other hand, now have a room that doesn't smoke! :P
If the room did smoke, it's probably just an e-(lectrical) one!
George Schilling
Club Representative

We won't be going to the Crow's Landing Pro Solo after all.

Before I cancel, I have a non-smoking two queen room at the nicest hotel in Patterson. Last I heard they were sold out. Anybody want it?