Perpetual Hotel for Event Thread (priceline, etc)

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

Re: Perpetual Hotel for Event Thread (priceline, etc)

Post by Christine Grice »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Mike Kazmierczak wrote:Why is the 'Hotel Circle' frowned upon?

Got this for $45.
Kings Inn - San Diego1333 Hotel Circle South
San Diego, CA 92108

Let's put it this way: it should be re-named Motel Circle.
And whatever you do, DO NOT park anything of value in the parking lots. Horror stories galore of what's been stolen.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

For this weekend's ProSolo: I bid $35 for 2 stars in the Irvine area on Priceline and got a room in Homestead Studio Suites about 2 minutes from El Toro (Friday and Saturday nights). Looks decent enough.

As a side note, anybody else notice that Google changed El Toro from gray to green on Google Maps and renamed it "Orange County Great Park"? Threw me off for a second because I'm used to looking for that large gray area.

Link to Google Map:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s ... tates&z=13
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Your Price Was Accepted

Congratulations, your price of $47 was accepted by Marriott Irvine John Wayne Airport. Your Priceline Hotel Request Number is
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!

Post by Jeff Stuart »

I just got a 3.5* room in the Crowne Plaza in Irvine for a $40 bid. It was my first bid too, now I wish I'd bid lower!
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Jeff Stuart wrote:For this weekend's ProSolo: I bid $35 for 2 stars in the Irvine area on Priceline and got a room in Homestead Studio Suites about 2 minutes from El Toro (Friday and Saturday nights). Looks decent enough.

As a side note, anybody else notice that Google changed El Toro from gray to green on Google Maps and renamed it "Orange County Great Park"? Threw me off for a second because I'm used to looking for that large gray area.

Link to Google Map:
How bad/good was this hotel Jeff? The reviews didn't look to promising.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!

Post by Jeff Stuart »

George Schilling wrote:
Jeff Stuart wrote:For this weekend's ProSolo: I bid $35 for 2 stars in the Irvine area on Priceline and got a room in Homestead Studio Suites about 2 minutes from El Toro (Friday and Saturday nights). Looks decent enough.

Link to Google Map:
It wasn't horrible... but it doesn't take much to make me happy. It was really hot when I first got there because they'd turned the AC off, and there wasn't any soap/shampoo or anything like that in the shower, but everything worked, and I'd stay there again. It was nice to have a kitchen too. Nice quick drive to/from the track as well.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

$50 Priceline.com

Hyatt Regency Irvine
17900 Jamboree Road
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

George Schilling wrote:

Link to Google Map:
I stayed there back in March for a work job in OC that work wasn't picking up hotel or mileage costs, before all of the Hoopla of the chain housing Sexual predators on a semi permanent basis.

I also got it for $35.00 a night via price line. Bed was hard, pillows were rubber, kitchen was decent, it was last decorated in the mid eighties. Internet is $4.99 (flat rate) weather you stay 1 to 30 nights. After 30 nights, apparently you need to re-up your $4.99. Like Jeff mentioned, no soap, shampoo etc, but there were signs that it was all available for purchase in the lobby. Internet was slow even for email, forget anything needing more bandwidth.

I stayed for the PRO at the Candlewood Suites on Sand Canyon for $47.00 per night direct on their website (entertainment card rate, AAA rate would have been $54.) WORTH EVERY PENNY I spent over the price for the Homestead location. Nice bed, both soft and firm pillows, better kitchen. While I wouldn't equate it with a Hampton Inn, or Holiday Inn Express that I prefer when traveling on business, I would say for the price it was a better value.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!

Post by Jeff Stuart »

I'm not very picky when it comes to beds, but Craig's point on the internet is very true, it sucked and it cost $5. However, I don't think it was any better than the internet I've had at all the 3* places I've stayed up in Ontario, or the 3* place I stayed in Irvine in March. I just don't expect much from hotel internet, regardless of the quality of the hotel.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!

Post by Jeff Stuart »

I just got a room in that same place, Homestead Orange County, for $32 a night for both Friday and Saturday night this weekend on priceline.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Anybody get anything for San Bernardino? Or must we drive to Ontario or Riverside?
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Nicole Wong
Car#: 46

Post by Nicole Wong »

George Schilling wrote:Anybody get anything for San Bernardino? Or must we drive to Ontario or Riverside?
I had no luck, so I ended up doing the normal Ontario priceline. =\
Nicole Wong
ProParts USA
George Schilling
Club Representative

I put in a lot of bids to find the bottom and as of Thrusday AM that bottom was $46 for a 3.5* in the Riverside - San Bermardino area. That gets you the Marriot in Riverside, about 16 minutes South. Quailty hotels are sold out in San Bernardino. While bidding I was also trying for Ontario. This is what hit. Good luck when you bid.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

$130 in resort Jasper, Canada ... plus probably about $20 tax ... Priceline, but no Name Your Own Price there. :(

We've been using Name Your Price where we can when we're not staying with friends or relatives. Some good and bad/funny experiences
George Schilling
Club Representative

For the GRA weekend, $34 Ontario east got the Hyatt Place. I like this hotel. :thumbup:

Click on the link for more details.

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=116733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Schilling
Club Representative

George Schilling wrote:For the GRA weekend, $34 Ontario east got the Hyatt Place. I like this hotel. :thumbup:

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=116733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ditto for Feb 12-13. Same price, same hotel.

What'd ya get Nicole?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

George Schilling wrote:
George Schilling wrote:For the GRA weekend, $34 Ontario east got the Hyatt Place. I like this hotel. :thumbup:

What'd ya get Nicole?
I got denied at $34. I was bidding on two rooms instead of one.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

George how do they feel about trailers full of equipment?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Arthur Grant wrote:George how do they feel about trailers full of equipment?
They don't care.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
George Schilling
Club Representative

KJ Christopher wrote:
George Schilling wrote:

What'd ya get Nicole?
I got denied at $34. I was bidding on two rooms instead of one.
If you haven't secured a room yet, you've still got plenty of time. I'd almost guarantee something will materialize in the under $40 range before next Friday. My timing just happened to be right. Diana mentioned they had tried the magic number earlier in the week with no luck. They bought yesterday also and got the same hotel as me.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Arthur Grant wrote:George how do they feel about trailers full of equipment?
As KJ said, they don't care and most hotels have places that make it easy. The Hyatt Place parking lot is not one of those places. It's pretty small and cramped but I'm sure you'll be able to figure something out. Ontario has many hotels that participate with in the Priceline program so I wouldn't count on getting this one anyway.
George Schilling
Club Representative

I haven't been to San Diego since the tour last year. What prices and areas have you guys been winning with? Has the Sorrento Mesa area gone up in price or is it still around $40?
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

George Schilling wrote:I haven't been to San Diego since the tour last year. What prices and areas have you guys been winning with? Has the Sorrento Mesa area gone up in price or is it still around $40?
I have never run San Diego, what would be a good, safe clean hotel down there with parking for my trailer.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Arthur Grant wrote:
George Schilling wrote:I haven't been to San Diego since the tour last year. What prices and areas have you guys been winning with? Has the Sorrento Mesa area gone up in price or is it still around $40?
I have never run San Diego, what would be a good, safe clean hotel down there with parking for my trailer.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3337&start=50#p54880" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

I was trying last month and had a ton of trouble getting anything near the prices from last year, i'll have to give it a go again soon.