talk surrounding the NOTLD event but not really related...

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Cam Correa
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 306

Re: NOTLD memorial championship flyer up

Post by Cam Correa »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
Actually, you would have been lucky to get into one of our regular "practices." They are often over-subscribed.
I got 8 laps in on Friday.
Are you saying due to the numbers I should'nt expect that?
Then again, you guy actually do count sat/practice day as a points day do you?
or is it just practice & everyone wants in?
Is it the same course you'll run on sunday?
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:I wanted to ride with you and/or drive your car on Friday, but I was either running the course or working when you were there.
I would loved to learn from you while watching you drive my car.
Reijo took me out on the course before I ever tried it & scared the crap out of me! Image
I had no idea of the capabilty my car had.
You must understand, I drive for a living & try to obey all speeds laws & such ( most of the time )
I have perfect driving record & wanna keep this this way.

So to find a place you can push it to the limits is amazing! Image
With no fear of getting a ticket or anything, & getting to watch the clock & watch your self improve! Image
Bob Beamesderfer wrote: I don't have any experience with Fox body Mustangs, but we have some folks in the region who do and I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
I'd love to meet up with those people & learn what can be done with my current car.
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:If you come out to the August event, keep in mind that you can have an instructor ride with you and the instructor can drive your car and that run won't count against the 3 competition runs you'll take. The only hang is if you run in the first group because the instructor can't instruct before he/she has taken the competition runs.
Well.... at this point my plan is to be there, I'm even considering telling my boss I need the that weekend off.

I've learned, I have to be careful & pick my battles with him.
I'm hoping I'll get lucky & not have work that weekend.
http://www.Class3Racing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.TheWebWheeler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

I think at least a couple of your questions have been answered in the FAQ thread:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Christine Berry wrote:I think at least a couple of your questions have been answered in the FAQ thread:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Agreed.
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Blanco .. wrote:
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
Actually, you would have been lucky to get into one of our regular "practices." They are often over-subscribed.
I got 8 laps in on Friday.
Are you saying due to the numbers I should'nt expect that?
Then again, you guy actually do count sat/practice day as a points day do you?
or is it just practice & everyone wants in?
Is it the same course you'll run on sunday?
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:I wanted to ride with you and/or drive your car on Friday, but I was either running the course or working when you were there.
I would loved to learn from you while watching you drive my car.
Reijo took me out on the course before I ever tried it & scared the crap out of me! Image
I had no idea of the capabilty my car had.
You must understand, I drive for a living & try to obey all speeds laws & such ( most of the time )
I have perfect driving record & wanna keep this this way.

So to find a place you can push it to the limits is amazing! Image
With no fear of getting a ticket or anything, & getting to watch the clock & watch your self improve! Image
Bob Beamesderfer wrote: I don't have any experience with Fox body Mustangs, but we have some folks in the region who do and I'm sure they'd be happy to help.
I'd love to meet up with those people & learn what can be done with my current car.
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:If you come out to the August event, keep in mind that you can have an instructor ride with you and the instructor can drive your car and that run won't count against the 3 competition runs you'll take. The only hang is if you run in the first group because the instructor can't instruct before he/she has taken the competition runs.
Well.... at this point my plan is to be there, I'm even considering telling my boss I need the that weekend off.

I've learned, I have to be careful & pick my battles with him.
I'm hoping I'll get lucky & not have work that weekend.
It's not the number the laps. It's the number of people who want to participate in a Saturday practice; some because there are typically 12 runs and most because they want to set up the car and their driving for the course. The latter despite the course being run in the opposite direction on Sunday vs. Saturday. Often substantive changes are required. Practices don't count toward year-end points. Championships do. As Gio said, the night event, aka NOTLD, doesn't have a practice because it starts at about 6 p.m. on Saturday and runs into the early morning of Sunday.

Reijo driving your car is better than what I can offer. He has skilz and the frosty Canadian blood it takes to go fast in any car. There are others who can demonstrate your car's ability, Tom Berry, Ken Motonishi and Ryan Buetzer to name a few.

Last but not least, welcome to the addiction! :lol:
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Our "Championships" are in fact simply "Rounds" of the overall season Championship race for points card holders. We really should call them "200x Championship Round 1-x" to better describe what they are.
I like this idea. Submitted as a proposal to your club rep and we can do this starting next year (if approved).
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Give it up. Then the nimrods will think they can only come on Sunday if they are part of a season long series.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bob Beamesderfer

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:Our "Championships" are in fact simply "Rounds" of the overall season Championship race for points card holders. We really should call them "200x Championship Round 1-x" to better describe what they are.
I like this idea. Submitted as a proposal to your club rep and we can do this starting next year (if approved).
Does the body politik really need to vote on this?
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Does the body politik really need to vote on this?
Not sure but if it's mentioned they may say "no need for a vote, just do it".

or perhaps Ekstrand's cynical view could come to fruition....and I too am a cynic
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:welcome to the addiction! :lol:
Image OH god please let me not get out of control with this new hobby as with my off roading.
Glenn Duensing
Car#: 28
Location: Relaxin' and chillin' on the third rock from the Sun.

Post by Glenn Duensing »

Hmmm.

200x Championship Event
200x Championship Round

You say tomatoe and say tomato.

But if you want to change so it better describes it, then you need to change "practice" to "Get to drive some else's car, play and practice. Right George? :lol: :lol:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

How do you filter out users again?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Glenn Duensing

Post by Glenn Duensing »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:How do you filter out users again?
Bob Beamesderfer

Glenn Duensing wrote:Hmmm.

200x Championship Event
200x Championship Round

You say tomatoe and say tomato.

But if you want to change so it better describes it, then you need to change "practice" to "Get to drive some else's car, play and practice. Right George? :lol: :lol:
NO, Glenn. The word "Event" is part of the boilerplate of the event pages in the Calendar section and can easily be changed, AND it doesn't appear in the event title outside of the flyer page. The POINT that seems to elude you is that "2009 Championship Round 1" implies, except to maybe the hopelessly dim, that there is more than one event that counts toward the yearly championship, as opposed to simply saying "Championship" every month and leading the perhaps not as dim to think that each month's event is the one and only "Championship." Maybe for you and others of like mind it should be "Round 1 of 12." :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Except we never really know how many "rounds" there will be....

Maybe we should call them "Days when cones count and times are compared for any and all local yocals and a few primadonna's"
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bob Beamesderfer

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Except we never really know how many "rounds" there will be....

Maybe we should call them "Days when cones count and times are compared for any and all local yocals and a few primadonna's"
Sure, I like it. We could just say "2009 Championship, Round 1" and leave it at that. But why change anything that we seem to enjoy explaining over and over and over and over and over, again.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Saturday--Solo Event Test Day
Sunday--Solo Event Trophy Day (Novices welcome)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote: But why change anything that we seem to enjoy explaining over and over and over and over and over, again.
Glenn Duensing

Post by Glenn Duensing »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:
The POINT that seems to elude you is that "2009 Championship Round 1" implies, except to maybe the hopelessly dim, that there is more than one event that counts toward the yearly championship, as opposed to simply saying "Championship" every month and leading the perhaps not as dim to think that each month's event is the one and only "Championship." Maybe for you and others of like mind it should be "Round 1 of 12." :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I guess some people can't count past ten when looking at the calendar and need to the numbers to help them. :lol: I guess I'm too smart and I can see that there are x amount of Championships listed and know "Gee, we have x amount of Championships this year" and won't have a panic attack if an event get added and the numbers change. Worked for all these years before and I know some people can't function without every little detail spelled out. :lol: :lol: :lol: Championship, championship #, round #, points event # or event # it's just a title and I don't need to take off my shoes if we go past 10. :lol: :lol: :lol:
James Yom
Current Solo Director

Post by James Yom »

For the issue of folks going to Nationals, how about using one of the "practice" days of a championship weekend as a 2 day championship event (like a Tour or Div?) I mean, NOTLD doesn't have a practice, so why can't one more? Back where I'm from, we had a 2 day event at the end of the year every year, and it was fun becuase it was always a nail biter coming into the last 2 events of the year on the same weekend. Championship points were being calculated on the fly, and there was a lot of excitment that weekend.

I suggest that whatever happens, that you do NOT change the date/event that conflicts with Nationals and you just add another event, bringing the total to 13. Looking at past results, it seems you guys have run 13 before. There is definitely a large contingent of members with no intentions of going to Nats, and to change that day/event is really unfair to them. With an additional event, it will just be another drop anyway... sometimes you can't have your cake and eat it too ;)

Speaking of drops, I really don't understand why you only get TWO drops for a 12 event year. That's an attendance factor of 83%, which is asking a lot. I think 3-4 drops would be ideal, about a 75% attendance rate. Looking at your previous years with 12 events, it looks like you average about 2 ppl per class that have 10 events. I'm sure that more ppl would be a contender if you lowered the number of events that counted. For the diehards that come to all events, it would be more advantageous becuase now you have more chances to erase more of your crappy events :)

Where I'm from (Chicago region), we had 8 championship events (it snows where I'm from, and autox + snow don't mix), of which your best 5 counted for class, and your best 6 counted for championship PAX. Jackets were given to class winners, and the top 20 PAX drivers were given their PAX finish as their car number for the next year. So when you had #1 on your car, you really were number one, and it was a hotly contested championship.

Anyway, just some fresh perspective to add. Now back to your local squabbling :computer:
Bob Beamesderfer

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Saturday--Solo Event Test Day
Sunday--Solo Event Trophy Day (Novices welcome)
Excellent, Doctor.
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

The off topic communication is only beneficial to the message board junkies:

I want to point out that the September event is not part of the NOLD event. Please note this topic's title. I do not expect any message board to stay on topic past the third post however both topic discussions (September event change & NOLD) deserve Separate threads.

The NOLD is a different enough event and drivers need to pay attention to the details. Mixing many other topics is very confusing!
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Off topic? Deal.

Its important to point out that the clueless brain dead imbeciles that you guys appointed as your club reps changed the drop rule. There is NO rounding. To get an extra drop you have to go from 12 events all the way to 16!

Your representatives at work.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bob Beamesderfer

Doug Teulie wrote:

The NOLD is a different enough event and drivers need to pay attention to the details. Mixing many other topics is very confusing!

Those details, the ones that count, are on the flyer. No need to blind us with red mega type. :barf:
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

James Yom wrote:..I suggest that whatever happens, that you do NOT change the date/event that conflicts with Nationals a... There is definitely a large contingent of members with no intentions of going to Nats, and to change that day/event is really unfair to them.
Some good ideas there, James. One thing about the above; the event IS being changed (through no fault of anyone) already - I'm asking that since it is, lets find another date, like in August or October, that doesn't put anyone out.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Doug Teulie wrote:The off topic communication is only beneficial to the message board junkies:

I want to point out that the September event is not part of the NOLD event. Please note this topic's title. I do not expect any message board to stay on topic past the third post however both topic discussions (September event change & NOLD) deserve Separate threads.

I agree, Doug; it needs it's own thread, so I started a thread over on the Eboad forum, cutting and pasting some of my comments here, as that's the only place that any real action can be made. Interestingly enough, there's nearly no response there ('though it's only been a day).
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP