Looking for a job

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Kris Cho
Club: TCC
Car#: 214

Looking for a job

Post by Kris Cho »

I'm looking for a job so that i can get some parts and seat time :)
As i'm a college student, not much of choices are there to pick. Does anyone know an opening spot or like to hire me if you own a place?
I prefer working in automotive field like part sales over online (no exp.), mechanic (i work on my car in my garage.), dealership (no exp.), or race team (no exp.), or internship at Lambo, Ferrari, BMW or Benz dealership would be cool :o It'd be awesome to work in a race team for any position :)
If no job in automotive field, any place would work for me other than eating place :geek: gas station works too :) I'm under 21 so selling alcohol is no go for me
I prefer to work near Irvine area but if pay is good, i'm willing to drive 30mins to work place.

thanks in advance
05 350z Performance
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

Re: Looking for a job

Post by Michael Palero »

Have you looked in the gigs section of Craigslist?

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ggg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have you checked your school's career center?

Ask your professors.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Take advantage of the college you are attending:

1) There are typically career fairs going on during this time
2) Find jobs on campus that may lead to your desired positions

You're under 21, you can't have that much expenses, you'll be fine.

It's once you hit 21 and have to decide between partying for the weekend or autoxing... or both that money gets tight.

That being said... there's always student loans! :gpower:
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

Speak with your financial aid advisors... as more people drop classes as the semester rolls on, more money becomes available for grants & aid.
Kris Cho

Post by Kris Cho »

Michael Palero wrote:Speak with your financial aid advisors... as more people drop classes as the semester rolls on, more money becomes available for grants & aid.
As i'm not a US citizen, no financial aid is available for me. tried, didn't work.
i will ask conselors about career center thing on wed. But if anyone sees an opening spot or want to hire me, let me know.
BTW, i never liked teachers, counselors and staffs ever since i was in high school lol no help
05 350z Performance
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Kris Cho wrote: As i'm not a US citizen...
I think that limits the jobs available even more. Definitely talk to the ppl @ the career center.
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:
I think that limits the jobs available even more. Definitely talk to the ppl @ the career center.
Are you an F-1 student?
~Lily
Kris Cho

Post by Kris Cho »

Lily Liu wrote:
Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:
Are you an F-1 student?
i don't know what F-1 is..My parents used to take care of school stuff..i'm like just show up and study haha They moved back to home country now.
05 350z Performance
Lily Liu
Car#: 353

Post by Lily Liu »

Kris Cho wrote: i don't know what F-1 is..My parents used to take care of school stuff..i'm like just show up and study haha They moved back to home country now.
If you don't know then you're probably not :) F-1 is an international student visa and you'd be limited to only working on campus, no more than 20 hr/week and only with your international student advisor's signature on your I-20.

Green card holders (permanent residents) can work any job as long as it's not in a federal agency or some high security government contractors. Happy job hunting!
~Lily
Kris Cho

Post by Kris Cho »

Lily Liu wrote:
Kris Cho wrote: i don't know what F-1 is..My parents used to take care of school stuff..i'm like just show up and study haha They moved back to home country now.
If you don't know then you're probably not :) F-1 is an international student visa and you'd be limited to only working on campus, no more than 20 hr/week and only with your international student advisor's signature on your I-20.

Green card holders (permanent residents) can work any job as long as it's not in a federal agency or some high security government contractors. Happy job hunting!
i think i'm green card holder. I've worked at a bakery long time ago, and have the work permit.
Happy job hunting for me.... :computer:
05 350z Performance
Tin Bui

Post by Tin Bui »

Kris Cho wrote: i think i'm green card holder.
You should figure this out before you look for a job. I know you're young, but you need to be more prepared.
Kris Cho

Post by Kris Cho »

i asked my parent and was told that i'm waiting for green card now :idea:
05 350z Performance