Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

User avatar
Theo O.
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Theo O. » Mon May 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Jeff Shyu wrote:
Theo O. wrote:you know he and his mob are not going to throw their hands up and surrender and I certainly welcome any method to accomplish the mission without further loss of "American" life.
this was definitely for the best..

if he had been captured alive, we'd have the problem of putting him through trial, giving him the spotlight, figuring out where to bury him (he sure as hell wasn't gonna be buried on US soil)..

so, in the words of my generation: BOOM! headshot!.. :gpower:
I wonder if they will add this mission to COD - Black Ops
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin

User avatar
Mike Shin
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:18 am
Car#: 352
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Mike Shin » Mon May 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Mozambique drill FTW

Giovanni Jaramillo
Posts: 2761
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 am
Club: PSCC

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo » Mon May 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Theo O. wrote:I wonder if they will add this mission to COD - Black Ops
That was during the Vietnam Era

User avatar
Theo O.
Posts: 1277
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:29 am

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Theo O. » Mon May 02, 2011 1:50 pm

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Theo O. wrote:I wonder if they will add this mission to COD - Black Ops
That was during the Vietnam Era
Don't confuse me with facts :mrgreen: I just want the mission in a game.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin

Giovanni Jaramillo
Posts: 2761
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 am
Club: PSCC

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo » Mon May 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Theo O. wrote:
Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Theo O. wrote:I wonder if they will add this mission to COD - Black Ops
That was during the Vietnam Era
Don't confuse me with facts :mrgreen: I just want the mission in a game.
yeah let's not let "truth" get in the way....after all we're talking about a videoame :) I'm sure CoD: Modern Warfare 3 will have it.

User avatar
Steve Coe
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 75
Location: San Diego
Contact:

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Steve Coe » Mon May 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Osama bin Laden, not feeling well & concerned about his mortality, goes to consult a psychic about the date of his death. Closing her eyes & silently reaching into the realm of the future, she finds the answer.

"You will die on an American holiday."

"Which one?" Osama bin Laden asks nervously.

"It doesn't matter," replied the psychic. "Whenever you die, it will be an American holiday!"

User avatar
Jeff Shyu
Posts: 2143
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:21 am
Car#: 0
Location: Long Beach
Contact:

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Jeff Shyu » Mon May 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Image

User avatar
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15
Location: This space left intentionally blank
Contact:

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Steve Ekstrand » Mon May 02, 2011 7:49 pm

Counterpoint.....
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4673555/usama-and-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600

User avatar
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14
Location: Corona del Mar
Contact:

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Bill Schenker » Mon May 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Counterpoint.....
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4673555/usama-and-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That ain't counterpoint: that's Faux Newz' spinning as fast as they can...

As an Example:

- any news outlet other than Faux Newz: "Obama administration discovers cure for cancer!"


Faux News: "Obama administration interferes again with self-determination of when to die!"

Edit:

You know what? I want to leave this here, but the bottom line is, an incredible group of soldiers did an incredible job of bringing a man to justice...and that's the bottom line. Let's please not make this political!
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP

User avatar
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15
Location: This space left intentionally blank
Contact:

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Steve Ekstrand » Mon May 02, 2011 8:48 pm

I support the President on this. The buck stops there. He gets the blame for failure, he should get the praise for success. Of course, as I'm sure we all agree the lives on the line were those brave and nameless Special Ops forces.

I just wanted to point out there is always another side. There is politics in everything and just because a majority supports something doesn't mean its right without question.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600

User avatar
George Schilling
Club Representative
Posts: 5127
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66
Location: Lakewood, CA

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by George Schilling » Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 am

Steve Ekstrand wrote:I support the President on this. The buck stops there. He gets the blame for failure, he should get the praise for success. Of course, as I'm sure we all agree the lives on the line were those brave and nameless Special Ops forces.

I just wanted to point out there is always another side. There is politics in everything and just because a majority supports something doesn't mean its right without question.
Amen :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head

User avatar
Robert Puertas
Posts: 1089
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: PSCC
Car#: 44

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Robert Puertas » Tue May 03, 2011 6:39 am

George Schilling wrote:
Steve Ekstrand wrote: I just wanted to point out there is always another side...
Amen :thumbup:

Yeah... but in this case the other side is al Qaeda.
Although I can totally see how you could confuse them with Fox News!
:lol:

User avatar
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Posts: 7432
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15
Location: This space left intentionally blank
Contact:

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by Steve Ekstrand » Tue May 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Here is both sides..... ;)


Nancy Pelosi, press conference, September 7, 2006:

[E]ven if [Osama bin Laden] is caught tomorrow, it is five years too late. He has done more damage the longer he has been out there. But, in fact, the damage that he has done … is done. And even to capture him now I don’t think makes us any safer.

Nancy Pelosi, earlier today:

The death of Osama bin Laden marks the most significant development in our fight against al-Qaida. … I salute President Obama, his national security team, Director Panetta, our men and women in the intelligence community and military, and other nations who supported this effort for their leadership in achieving this major accomplishment. … [T]he death of Osama bin Laden is historic….
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600

User avatar
George Schilling
Club Representative
Posts: 5127
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66
Location: Lakewood, CA

Re: Congratulations to U.S. Military and Intelligence Forces

Post by George Schilling » Tue May 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Here is both sides..... ;)


Nancy Pelosi, press conference, September 7, 2006:

[E]ven if [Osama bin Laden] is caught tomorrow, it is five years too late. He has done more damage the longer he has been out there. But, in fact, the damage that he has done … is done. And even to capture him now I don’t think makes us any safer.

Nancy Pelosi, earlier today:

The death of Osama bin Laden marks the most significant development in our fight against al-Qaida. … I salute President Obama, his national security team, Director Panetta, our men and women in the intelligence community and military, and other nations who supported this effort for their leadership in achieving this major accomplishment. … [T]he death of Osama bin Laden is historic….
Yeah, but it's not political Steve. :roll:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head

Post Reply