Audio Forum (looking for)

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Bob Pl
Club: GRA
Car#: 26

Audio Forum (looking for)

Post by Bob Pl »

Do any of you audio guys have a favorite forum where you get audio info without getting "too" technical?

Looking for info on wireless headphones to listen to TV/DVD/streaming movies etc while the main sound speakers are shut off.

Example listen to F1 off the dvr while the rest of the houshold is sleeping.

I tried tv ears (they broke) and some from radio shack (too heavy & vol control difficult to access)

I know wired is better but like the idea of wireless.

Thanks.
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Re: Audio Forum (looking for)

Post by Max Hayter »

http://www.avsforum.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Max Hayter wrote:http://www.avsforum.com/
+1000! Simanyi and I are on that forum. Just bought a nice system. You'll get great info Bob.
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Thanks guys.

:)
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Bob, look for wireless ones using "Kleer" technology - zero static. I have the sennheiser hdr180 in my room (one corner of house). I can walk all around the house, upstairs, etc - no static noise like I had w/ RF headsets. Unfortunately, audio does cut off once i'm outside in front of the house, but so did my other wireless headsets.

Bass is also about as good as it gets for wireless headphones until you go VERY expensive.

I use mine for video gaming, tv shows, and music.

If you are looking for something more budget oriented, the RF sennheisers (hdr 130) are okay as long as you don't leave the room (static starts coming in).

You are more than welcome to test out my headphones - I still have the RF as well, so you can hear the difference in both.
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:Bob, look for wireless ones using "Kleer" technology - zero static. I have the sennheiser hdr180 in my room (one corner of house). I can walk all around the house, upstairs, etc - no static noise like I had w/ RF headsets. Unfortunately, audio does cut off once i'm outside in front of the house, but so did my other wireless headsets.

Bass is also about as good as it gets for wireless headphones until you go VERY expensive.

I use mine for video gaming, tv shows, and music.

If you are looking for something more budget oriented, the RF sennheisers (hdr 130) are okay as long as you don't leave the room (static starts coming in).

You are more than welcome to test out my headphones - I still have the RF as well, so you can hear the difference in both.
Thanks for the specifics, I see the Sennheiser name everywhere & large variety of models

I would only use is same room for tv.

:)
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Ordered the RS 160 off Amazon. Thanks.