Cool, AX'er Wins First Road Race

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Cool, AX'er Wins First Road Race

Post by Mako Koiwai »

No, not Bryan Heitcotter, Matt Thiemann. He turned his AX'ing BMW into a NASA E30 class racer and today at Buttonwillow won his first race. Qualified 2nd and "walked away" from 12 other drivers.

I remember just last year when he had just graduated to NASA Run Group 3 (4 ?), the first level where one has open passing, and he was very excited but also a bit intimidated.

btw. Bryan did just earn his International FIA racing license after a race in England
Mako Koiwai

Re: Cool, AX'er Wins First Road Race

Post by Mako Koiwai »

So bummed ... we were finally going to get back on track, tomorrow, Miata Challenge at Streets of Willow, and I've got a bad case of the flu ... couldn't get the car prepped ... after 5 months of neglect and needing to build the mini battery adapter. :(
Toby Larsson
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: PSCC

Post by Toby Larsson »

Mako to wrote:couldn't get the car prepped ... after 5 months of neglect and needing to build the mini battery adapter. :(
Don't change battery size if you want to keep the car ITA legal, if you're prepping for a different class nevermind.

LMK when you're going out next time, sorry you couldn't make it last week.
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Mako, great to hear about Matt, happy he is having fun at NASA. I was at Willows today with a few other AX'ers it was incredibly cold. Rain is forecast for tommorow so good thing that you are staying out of the elements if you are sick.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

@ Toby ... car is not ITA legal anymore, because I removed the ballast. I'm campaigning the car in the NASA Miata Challenge events which allows me to make the changes that I'm in, Street Modified.