Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Automotive Electrical Shop

Post by Arthur Grant »

Team,
I am giving my mechanic another shot at finding my short, but in case we can't isolate the system, do any of you know a quality shop that specializes in automotive electrical? Would prefer Orange County.

Thanks

Art
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Re: Automotive Electrical Shop

Post by Ed Holley »

Arthur Grant wrote:Team,
I am giving my mechanic another shot at finding my short, but in case we can't isolate the system, do any of you know a quality shop that specializes in automotive electrical? Would prefer Orange County.

Thanks

Art
Dude! Unfortunately, I cannot be of help. But I could not help but notice that you are the eternal optimist. You have already entered the Champ event...now you will go about getting the car fixed. Must be a Corvette-owner thing.

Just yank'n wit ya! :D
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

Give Coast Corvette (Not West Coast Corvette) a call. They have a tech that's pretty good at the electrical stuff.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Ed Holley wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:Team,

Thanks

Art
Dude! Unfortunately, I cannot be of help. But I could not help but notice that you are the eternal optimist. You have already entered the Champ event...now you will go about getting the car fixed. Must be a Corvette-owner thing.

Just yank'n wit ya! :D
Yep, my plan is to be there even if I have to haul my generator out again. I grew up admiring British cars, optimism is a trait you develop.
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Yep, my plan is to be there even if I have to haul my generator out again. I grew up admiring British cars, optimism is a trait you develop.

I resemble that remark......

Akram (sp?) in Ontario, on Holt just west of Mountain, they have a reputation for doing it right..

Don
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: CASOC
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Try Eric Clements. He solved an electrical gremlin for me after 2 "real" shops gave up on my 02 Dodge van.
Not in Orange county... but might be worth the drive.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Tom Berry wrote:Try Eric Clements. He solved an electrical gremlin for me after 2 "real" shops gave up on my 02 Dodge van.
Not in Orange county... but might be worth the drive.

Thanks, if my current guy can't solve it this week, I will talk with Eric if he is willing to see the paitent.