Our Former AX'er Matt Thiemann ...

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Our Former AX'er Matt Thiemann ...

Post by Mako Koiwai »

... has been doing very well racing in the NASA E30 class. Pole Positions, Wins ... and his camera caught this mighty close call ... coming off the Oval at CA Speedway last weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... d9uf52Y25M
Theo O.

Re: Our Former AX'er Matt Thiemann ...

Post by Theo O. »

I miss Matt. He's having way too much fun, time to go join him.

Mako, any idea what happend in that vid, why did that one BMW just made that crazy move :o
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

"Common" mistake coming off of turn 2, off of the oval into the infield turn 3/4. Cars try to out brake there ... but that guy was just nuts! Per Matt, he just pointed for the largest space that was left and was last seen going down the escape road.

Here is Matt bump drafting on his way to a Pole Position last weekend: (btw. the SCCA takes a dim view to Bump Drafting, and a few years ago told the Spec Miata's to cut it out. Most of the SM guys said that's the way to do it in their low powered cars, and that they had nothing against it. So a bunch of them left the SCCA to run with NASA ... locally.)
Attachments
image-1.jpeg
image-1.jpeg (84.63 KiB) Viewed 2167 times
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

During the race where he had the Pole, a ABS sensor wire came loose, coming off of the "Nascar" turn (Turn 2 of the Roval) and he flat spotted this tire. He ended up 12th. On Sunday he came back for a 2nd Place.
Attachments
Matt's Flat Spot.jpg
Matt's Flat Spot.jpg (104.05 KiB) Viewed 2165 times