Shop to weld exhaust

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

John Stimson
Club: PSCC
Car#: 124

Shop to weld exhaust

Post by John Stimson »

I'm looking for a muffler shop in the Azusa/Duarte/Glendora/Covina area to weld together a single exit axle-back muffler. Exhaustman in Azusa didn't like the J-bends I brought him -- wanted the exact angles because he wants his work to look pretty. Proper routing and alignment is my priority, over gallery-quality aesthetics. If I could weld, I'd do it myself...if Isley can do it...
Michael Sullivan
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 357

Re: Shop to weld exhaust

Post by Michael Sullivan »

Mikes Muffler in El Monte. Not to far at the 10 and 605.
Michael Sullivan
"The gas pedal isn't an on-and-off switch?!"
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

It might be further than you want to go (La Habra), but I had mine done by John Coffey (Beta Motorsports). He did a great job, and if you tell him how you want it, he'll make it happen!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Surprising about Exhaustman. Lots of local recs.

I've heard of Mike's in El Monte for forever.

I use Advance Muffler on E. Walnut in Pasadena. The owner has always done exactly what I asked even when it was out of the normal everyday and is always cheap. Not impressed with his other workers, but when its unusual or a race car, the owner does the work personally.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
John Stimson
Club: PSCC
Car#: 124

Post by John Stimson »

Ron at Exhaustman seems to be a bit of an artiste. Apparently cutting a J-bend to make a smaller angle bend isn't how he likes to do things. But it seems to me that it might be the best way to make it fit exactly without using excess tubing. His focus seems to be on truck exhaust systems. Lots of room, and who cares about the weight. Has to look good though, since it will be at eye level for everyone else.

I'm going to go check out M&P Auto Repair in Glendora tomorrow. If that doesn't pan out I'll look into Mike's and Advance Muffler. How quick are they? I've got a kiddo in tow on weekdays, and she needs her naps.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I've gone to Advance many times when Robert was little and "helping dad". I just checked with him and asked when a good time would be to get in and out quick and he always managed to get to me quickly. Wish I could remember his name.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600