Dip Your Car

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Dip Your Car

Post by Arthur Grant »

Was wondering if anyone out there has tried this product? Apparently a spray on wrap if you will. Apparently requires hand washing but otherwise supposedly reasonably durable. Not as durable as paint? Was wondering if anyone has experience.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: Dip Your Car

Post by Anthony P. »

Arthur Grant wrote:Was wondering if anyone out there has tried this product? Apparently a spray on wrap if you will. Apparently requires hand washing but otherwise supposedly reasonably durable. Not as durable as paint? Was wondering if anyone has experience.

https://www.dipyourcar.com/
and doesn't ship to Ca....
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Anthony Porta wrote:and doesn't ship to Ca....
Not true... you just have to by smaller quantities at a time

CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS

Sales and usage of “Rubber Dip" and "Rubber Dip Spray" gallon size products are not complaint with Federal Regulations in the state of California. Therefore gallon sized Rubber Dip and Rubber Dip Spray products cannot be sold in California. Rubber Dip and Rubber Dip Spray can both be purchased in CA in sizes less than 1 gallon. Please be aware of this ruling and follow all guidelines.

I like how their not complaint with "Federal" regulations in "California". Because the "Federal" government makes state specific regulations... not.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

I wonder if that surface would stand up to being grazed by a lawn dart? :roll:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

I hadn't noticed it wasn't legal in California. Wonder how the three pro shops in Pasadena and L.A. get away with it. Pretty sure they aren't using spray cans.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

1- 1 gallon can, minus a teaspoon (EPA certified to be toxin free, CA weights and measures certified to be accurate (monthly), two union rep supervisor reviewed) at a time.
Jake Stumph
Car#: 200

Post by Jake Stumph »

I wouldn't dip an entire car with the product. It has a tacky feel to it, and keeping it clean is a chore due to it being porous. However, I have used it pretty successfully on small trim pieces, and wheels, knowing this. Just make sure to spray it on very thick, much more so than a spray can. If it is applied too thinly removal is absolutely terrible. My Miata wheels look like crap because I can't get it all off on some of the edges where coverage wasn't as well done.
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing #200 H-Street, Silver Civic Si Sedan.