Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Club: PSCC
Car#: 705

Tire Mounting Place

Post by Tom Tanquary »

So all the tire places I've used in central OC have gone by the wayside. Any recommendations for the HB/Newport/CM area? Seems most of the tire places change management as often as a runner changes socks. And it's never for the better.
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX

Re: Tire Mounting Place

Post by Reed Gibson »

Tom Tanquary wrote:So all the tire places I've used in central OC have gone by the wayside. Any recommendations for the HB/Newport/CM area? Seems most of the tire places change management as often as a runner changes socks. And it's never for the better.
Rim & Tire Center in Garden Grove would do my rotations for $60. Always had good experiences with them!
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Car#: 711

Post by Ed T »

Reed Gibson wrote:
Tom Tanquary wrote:So all the tire places I've used in central OC have gone by the wayside. Any recommendations for the HB/Newport/CM area? Seems most of the tire places change management as often as a runner changes socks. And it's never for the better.
Rim & Tire Center in Garden Grove would do my rotations for $60. Always had good experiences with them!
Does that price include balancing? Also, do they make an issue of pinching fat tires on skinny rims?
ES #711 Aston Martin V8 MR2 Spyder Vantage
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Club: PSCC
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

pinching fat tires on skinny rims
That used to be my criteria for tire places, not many are able to do that. But I finally gave up on the concept after seeing no real advantage to it, at least for a camber challenged car. Now all i care about is just some decent folks to deal with.
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Reed Gibson »

Ed T wrote:
Reed Gibson wrote:
Does that price include balancing? Also, do they make an issue of pinching fat tires on skinny rims?
Yes they would balance my tires, although 255's on a 9" isn't pinching so you'd have to call and verify!