If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

pt-brz

Post by pt-brz »

Hi Guys!
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Phillip, 29 years old and drive a stock Subaru BRZ. I don't have any background/experience in any form of auto racing but I do know that I love to drive! I want to experience my car beyond street limits so I figured it would be best and safe to experience it while auto-crossing (maybe track down the road?). I would love to see how well (or bad) I control my car through the cones! I plan on joining the practice event if I get through the waiting list on June 7th and also again on June 8th at El Toro in Irvine with the novice group.

I did just recently submit an application to join SCCA Cal Club #19 so hopefully my membership gets processed quickly. I look forward to this experience and also look forward to meeting you guys!

-Phillip Tran
Byron Goodman
Car#: 757

Re: Newbie

Post by Byron Goodman »

Welcome!
Adam Tarnoff
Club: CASOC
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

pt-brz wrote:Hi Guys!
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Phillip, 29 years old and drive a stock Subaru BRZ. I don't have any background/experience in any form of auto racing but I do know that I love to drive! I want to experience my car beyond street limits so I figured it would be best and safe to experience it while auto-crossing (maybe track down the road?). I would love to see how well (or bad) I control my car through the cones! I plan on joining the practice event if I get through the waiting list on June 7th and also again on June 8th at El Toro in Irvine with the novice group.

I did just recently submit an application to join SCCA Cal Club #19 so hopefully my membership gets processed quickly. I look forward to this experience and also look forward to meeting you guys!

-Phillip Tran
You're gonna have fun; the FRS/BRZ twins look like some of the most fun cars out there.

Welcome to the club!
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Welcome to the club Phillip.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone has got to tell. We love Newbies. So here are two hints to help you get started on the right foot. Before using the number you chose, be sure to check with our points card chairman to make sure it's available. Then go back to my account and change your handle to your name. We want to know who you are so when we meet you at the track, we can put a face on your comments.....like a pre-introduction. :P

And here's some good news, If you, or anyone else, gets an entry in right away, you'd stand a very good chance of getting into the next practice session at one of the most sought after venues in California.....or the entire west for that matter. This is a rare opportunity. If you haven't registered, here's a link. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
pt-brz

Post by pt-brz »

George Schilling wrote:Welcome to the club Phillip.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but someone has got to tell. We love Newbies. So here are two hints to help you get started on the right foot. Before using the number you chose, be sure to check with our points card chairman to make sure it's available. Then go back to my account and change your handle to your name. We want to know who you are so when we meet you at the track, we can put a face on your comments.....like a pre-introduction. :P

And here's some good news, If you, or anyone else, gets an entry in right away, you'd stand a very good chance of getting into the next practice session at one of the most sought after venues in California.....or the entire west for that matter. This is a rare opportunity. If you haven't registered, here's a link. :thumbup:
Hi George,
Thanks for the tips! Yes I have already registered to the practice session so I think I'm good to go there. About my handle, I tried changing it in my control panel but it doesn't seem to give me the option. I have emailed the administrator so hopefully they can help me out. About the points card...I have sent in my payment already but when I registered I did not choose a club. Does anyone know who the points card chairman is and the contact info so I can make sure the number I chose is available?

Apologies for my ignorance!

Thanks
Phillip Tran
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

The permanent number Guru is Kurt Rahn.

No need to apologize Phillip. We all started as newbies just like you. :P
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head