Racing Logistics

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Adam Tarnoff
Club: CASOC
Car#: 49

Racing Logistics

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

Where do you guys find the space? Every event I see some vary large operations going on, with some RVs and tow rigs taking up the same square footage as my house. Obviously some of you guys just have the space at home, but what about other people? Are there spaces you can rent to store tow vehicles and rigs? My local mini storage place hardly has space for a geo metro...
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Re: Racing Logistics

Post by Craig Naylor »

Well... ever notice all those motorhomes parked off in the distance at El Toro? There are probably several thousand parked around various parts of the tarmac. Though I would hazard to guess 5 yrs ago there were many, many, more.

But yes, there are Storage facilities with a few spaces in addition to their rental lockers, to ones specializing in RV & Boat storage, like Mt. Olive in Duarte where at least one of our members parks their toy hauler 5th wheel w/ car inside, or one like my parents boat is at in Sacramento, that specializes in boats (no RV's) and has probably 3-4 hundred spaces.

Probably not so many in the City, or even County of LA, but many more can be found in the burbs of OC, San Bernardino, and Riverside counties.