BMWCCA-LA Chapter Auto-x Results (June 2008)

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

BMWCCA-LA Chapter Auto-x Results (June 2008)

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

I know some Cal Clubbers were at this event (mostly in X-class) to get some seat time (including Henry Bjoin....thanks for letting me drive that ASP beast). Here are the results:

http://www.bmwclubla.org/media/document ... sfinal.pdf
Jeff Ringer
Car#: 741

Re: BMWCCA-LA Chapter Auto-x Results (June 2008)

Post by Jeff Ringer »

thanks for posting the results Gio ....its nice to see that i melted a ton of bmw's times with 103 bhp running small street tires...looks like only three were faster that day :roll:
my middle name is 'The'

previous vehicles:83 chevette scooter-84 chrysler laser tubro-86 gti -93 probe gt-91 944s2 - 00 gti 1.8t-86 325e-89 325i-90 xj6- 67 lemans 4 speed -98 bmw m3/4/5
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jeff Ringer wrote:thanks for posting the results Gio ....its nice to see that i melted a ton of bmw's times with 103 bhp running small street tires...looks like only three were faster that day :roll:
Oh I just happened to see them online. Marque clubs aren't as quick with getting results up and online as they only hold them bi-monthly and the participants are NOWHERE near as competitive as SCCA.
Jeff Ringer
Car#: 741

Post by Jeff Ringer »

someone threw those results on email after the event ..but it is good to post them maybe a few more peeps will come out...it was after all a very fun event and i got some amazing instruction actually..best instructor i have ever had ride with me and him going for 4 straight runs was very helpful, bonus was that he had mid engine experience and was able to put into words what exactly i was doing..... do you know who it was ? he drives a lotus elise and an m3 i think, cant remember his name.

yes it goes without saying that the talent level is lower at these events GIO

there are usually at least 10-15 good drivers at these events with the instructors and all
just trying to have a little fun around here ... maybe i shouldnt have used the word 'melted' ;)

it was a decent showing for the underdog deuce ... :thumbup:
my middle name is 'The'

previous vehicles:83 chevette scooter-84 chrysler laser tubro-86 gti -93 probe gt-91 944s2 - 00 gti 1.8t-86 325e-89 325i-90 xj6- 67 lemans 4 speed -98 bmw m3/4/5
Giovanni Jaramillo

Jeff Ringer wrote:someone threw those results on email after the event ..but it is good to post them maybe a few more peeps will come out...it was after all a very fun event and i got some amazing instruction actually..best instructor i have ever had ride with me and him going for 4 straight runs was very helpful, bonus was that he had mid engine experience and was able to put into words what exactly i was doing..... do you know who it was ? he drives a lotus elise and an m3 i think, cant remember his name.

yes it goes without saying that the talent level is lower at these events GIO

there are usually at least 10-15 good drivers at these events with the instructors and all
just trying to have a little fun around here ... maybe i shouldnt have used the word 'melted' ;)

it was a decent showing for the underdog deuce ... :thumbup:
Well a few of the BMWCCA instructors are also SCCA-Cal Club (or SD) members. As for the "Lotus" driver, I believe that would be Devon Charter. Blonde guy right? Devon's very fast.

Glad you had fun at our event. Our next event is Sunday Sept. 21st, 2008 at Cal Speedway. A week after SCCA-Cal Club region's champ event. Same time, same bat channel! :D
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Devon Charter
Sounds like a guy who'd drive a Lotus.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Bob Pl
Club: GRA
Car#: 26

Post by Bob Pl »

Does BMWCCALA have the online reg & 10 x car allowed in same as BMWCCASD? Where do they usually run?

:)
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Plante wrote:Does BMWCCALA have the online reg
Yes. http://www.bmwclubla.org/
Bob Plante wrote:10 x car allowed in same as BMWCCASD?
No.
Bob Plante wrote:Where do they usually run?
Same place we do (Green Lot 12)
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Gio,

Is the local LA chapter now strictly for BMW's then? TIA

Stephen
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

So for the BMWCCA LA - x cars, do you just show up early and take a chance that you will be in the first 10?

Thanks.

Giovanni Jaramillo

Stephen Yeoh wrote:Gio,

Is the local LA chapter now strictly for BMW's then? TIA

Stephen
No and that never was the case. SD chapter used to be that way but now they reserve 10 spots for X-class cars. But now both chapters offer pre-registration online. Please visit the LA chapter website and read their registration document. I no longer run the show but I wrote up the original document.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Plante wrote:So for the BMWCCA LA - x cars, do you just show up early and take a chance that you will be in the first 10?

Thanks.

No you pre-register and guarantee yourself a spot. But priority goes to BMWCCA members (regardless of what they drive). LA chapter is a bit more flexible but again I don't run the show anymore.
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Bob Plante wrote:So for the BMWCCA LA - x cars, do you just show up early and take a chance that you will be in the first 10?

Thanks.

No you pre-register and guarantee yourself a spot. But priority goes to BMWCCA members (regardless of what they drive). LA chapter is a bit more flexible but again I don't run the show anymore.
Gio, I AM BMWCCA, but I have only run San Diego. I know how San Diego does it. Question is if BMWCCA LA is "exactly" the same or are there "preferences" that I don't know of? Thanks.

Giovanni Jaramillo

Bob Plante wrote:Gio, I AM BMWCCA, but I have only run San Diego. I know how San Diego does it. Question is if BMWCCA LA is "exactly" the same or are there "preferences" that I don't know of?
Not that I know of but again best to e-mail the person running the autocross program (his info is on the application online). In general LA is not "exactly" like SD.
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Bob Plante wrote:Gio, I AM BMWCCA, but I have only run San Diego. I know how San Diego does it. Question is if BMWCCA LA is "exactly" the same or are there "preferences" that I don't know of?
Not that I know of but again best to e-mail the person running the autocross program (his info is on the application online). In general LA is not "exactly" like SD.

Thanks Gio.