Mostly new guy here

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Dane Schwaebe

Mostly new guy here

Post by Dane Schwaebe »

Good morning,

I'm Dane, and I have participated in some autocross events already, and I'm hooked. I have been competing for about the past year, and have participated in Pro Solo, Cam Challeneg and the Match Tour. I'm happy with the 'almost' anything goes nature of class CAM-C. I do want to make Cal Club my new region; previously I was SDR (I live in the Inland Empire, technically Cal Club events are closer). Got myself all registered, however , when it comes to getting points cards (car numbers) on this website I noticed I have the option to select a club to compete. How do I do so? :oops:
Paul Molina
Club: CASOC
Car#: 274

Re: Mostly new guy here

Post by Paul Molina »

Hi Dane
You don't have to pick a club for your first season, I think
I just left it blank? Don't remember the choices?
I'm sure someone else will chime in.
Paul
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Yes, you can pick the no club option for your first year. This allows you to get to know people in the various clubs (and if you start winning a lot, wooed by some of the clubs :) ) and ask about what their club has to offer.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Chad-1stGen
Car#: 268

Post by Chad-1stGen »

Dane Schwaebe wrote:Good morning,

I'm Dane, and I have participated in some autocross events already, and I'm hooked. I have been competing for about the past year, and have participated in Pro Solo, Cam Challeneg and the Match Tour. I'm happy with the 'almost' anything goes nature of class CAM-C. I do want to make Cal Club my new region; previously I was SDR (I live in the Inland Empire, technically Cal Club events are closer). Got myself all registered, however , when it comes to getting points cards (car numbers) on this website I noticed I have the option to select a club to compete. How do I do so? :oops:
Welcome! Will be good to see more regular CAM guys joining the ranks! The CAM Cal Club classes have really taken off this year and combined we've been seeing 15-17 drivers each of the first three events. There is also a sizable CAM-C class here so you will have plenty of company.
Dane Schwaebe

Post by Dane Schwaebe »

While I do understand I don't have to join a club, I would like to. I would like to know how I go about doing so
Chad-1stGen
Car#: 268

Post by Chad-1stGen »

Dane Schwaebe wrote:While I do understand I don't have to join a club, I would like to. I would like to know how I go about doing so
The joining is easy. You just select the club you want when purchasing your points card. Have you purchased your points card yet?

A very basic description of each club is here: http://solo2.com/clubs.htm

You won't get access to the club specific forum until you join that club and ask for it. Best way to decide which club is to talk to and get to know people at the events and it will probably come naturally. And from what I've found no matter what club you are in everyone is still super friendly and quick to lend a hand.
Dane Schwaebe

Post by Dane Schwaebe »

of course its that simple! Thanks for the help!
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

You also have the option of choosing the "No Club" option for your first year so you can get to know people of different clubs
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.