Pics/Vids from 4/22 & 4/23 Event

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Eyezack87
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 24

Pics/Vids from 4/22 & 4/23 Event

Post by Eyezack87 »

Here is my fastest run on Sunday. Totally a mess compared to my fast runs on Saturday but thats life. Still getting used to the new alignment. As always, watching in 1080p is the best

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOTor8_VECE[/youtube]
Isaac Lam
Blue 2010 STF Camry LE
Black 2001 ES MR2 Spyder (co-driver)
Mihail Milkov

Re: Pics/Vids from 4/22 & 4/23 Event

Post by Mihail Milkov »

There have been no videos and no published results from this autocross that I started to think that maybe I've lost my sanity and such an event never took place! It was a relief to find this thread. :)
Here is my best run of 72.336 s:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kawz7Jgsd00[/youtube]
Julian Manolov
Club: CASOC
Car#: 2

Post by Julian Manolov »

Here is onboard from my Miata. 65.9
Visually the course was quite challenging and while walking I thought some sections would be quite a pain to go through.
Then it was time to drive and I was pleasantly surprised that it flowed really well.
I liked it a lot. A great course (by a first time designer I hear?)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZsxluX6nLs[/youtube]
Ed T
Current Solo Director
Car#: 711

Post by Ed T »

The length, variation, and the speed of the course made it one of the funnest I've ran on. Tom's a natural at this. :clap:
Here's my fastest scratch, 72.049. My camera was acting up all day so I missed my fastest clean, which was about 0.4 back from this.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_azVUTLvf4[/youtube]
ES #711 Aston Martin V8 MR2 Spyder Vantage
bcohen5055

Post by bcohen5055 »

My recording app wasn't working great but I was able to salvage 2 of my runs... I think the 2nd was my fastest and possibly clean
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Less data than usual because not all my equipment was playing nice.

4/22 Practice (60.2xx and 60.0xx):
https://youtu.be/0PkcyLQ5qKw

4/23 AX Sunday (71.2xx and 70.7xx):
https://youtu.be/4lhL3F850L8
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Eddie Atherton
Car#: 250

Post by Eddie Atherton »

OK, now the results are posted, I see that 3 of my (counting) 4 runs were posted as DNF's. Can someone help out this other schmuck who doesn't seem to be able to point his vehicle in the right direction. :shock:

OK, I know some of the lines I take are questionable, but having watched, re-watched, and compared my videos against others, I can't see where I went wrong.

Maybe you can.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkEq54V1Pus[/youtube]

Cheers.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Eddie Atherton wrote:OK, now the results are posted, I see that 3 of my (counting) 4 runs were posted as DNF's. Can someone help out this other schmuck who doesn't seem to be able to point his vehicle in the right direction. :shock:

OK, I know some of the lines I take are questionable, but having watched, re-watched, and compared my videos against others, I can't see where I went wrong.

Maybe you can.

Cheers.
According to the logs, you DNF'd in station 4 on your first run, were OK on your 2nd, and DNF'd in station 3 on your 3rd and 4th (and 5th) runs. I did not see a DNF, not sure where the stations were exactly, but I'm guessing 3 was across the back and up the hill. Unless someone else can see it, I'll remove the DNF on your 4th run, and other runs if you post the vids.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

I don't see anything wrong with Run4 either.
~Leonard Cachola
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Results updated, Eddie.
Eddie Atherton

Post by Eddie Atherton »

I'm doing this purely for fun (and still having a blast, despite my times), as I know I'm never going to be the worlds greatest AutoX'er, so I really wanted to just make sure I wasn't mis-reading the cones and course and missing some subtle gate/pointer.

I don't have a video of run 1 as the camera screwed up, but I do for runs 2, 3, 4, and 5. All (as far as I can see) show the same lines past the pointers and gates.

My concern is not about my results, as I know they suck, but the fact that (possible) incorrect DNF's were reported for other drivers that may affect their standings in the overall yearly positions.

If you want to see my other videos, I can either put them on my personal web server, or YouTube.

Cheers.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Eddie Atherton wrote: My concern is not about my results, as I know they suck, but the fact that (possible) incorrect DNF's were reported for other drivers that may affect their standings in the overall yearly positions.

If you want to see my other videos, I can either put them on my personal web server, or YouTube.
I thought about that, too, but there were very few other calls from that station. Maybe just the line you were taking and the course worker's point of view made it appear you missed something. I don't think anyone else had more than 1 DNF in station 3.

Your current results don't mean that much, you never know where you can go. I was in the bottom half of a pretty large class for about 4 years, but eventually I started moving up and even won the class year end a couple of times.

Run 4 was your best so it doesn't change the results, but I can undo the other DNF's if you want.
Eddie Atherton

Post by Eddie Atherton »

Rick Brown wrote: Run 4 was your best so it doesn't change the results, but I can undo the other DNF's if you want.
Naw, not worth it.

My main reason for posting wasn't about the times/results, it was more to make sure I wasn't screwing up in reading the course.

And yes, I know that (lots) more seat time is what I need to (hopefully) improve.

Cheers.
Mike Flanigan

Post by Mike Flanigan »

Eddie, You were short cutting in the 3rd section. As you were coming up the hill (from the drain tubes), the 1st right, you needed to turn more right to get to the next cone (to turn left up the hill). There were 2 walls there. You drove straight to the 2nd wall, and not the 1st.

Watch some of the other video's and you'll see it.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Mike Flanigan wrote:Eddie, You were short cutting in the 3rd section. As you were coming up the hill (from the drain tubes), the 1st right, you needed to turn more right to get to the next cone (to turn left up the hill). There were 2 walls there. You drove straight to the 2nd wall, and not the 1st.

Ah, yes, you can just see it through the data display on the side of the screen as he makes that right turn. @ 1:41, just below the speed.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator

I see it now too.
~Leonard Cachola
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Eyezack87 wrote:Totally a mess compared to my fast runs on Saturday but thats life.]
The problem is the music!!!! Sure it's Sunday, and your driving... but thats "out for a Sunday Drive" music, not "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY,... at the races" music

You need something more up beat, jet that aggression out! haha!
Mike Flanigan

Post by Mike Flanigan »

:D That's what I'd tell him too!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d01smJlHhQA[/youtube]
Eyezack87
Car#: 24

Post by Eyezack87 »

Craig Naylor wrote:
Eyezack87 wrote:Totally a mess compared to my fast runs on Saturday but thats life.]
The problem is the music!!!! Sure it's Sunday, and your driving... but thats "out for a Sunday Drive" music, not "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY,... at the races" music

You need something more up beat, jet that aggression out! haha!
InitialD music will be up for the next one :clap: lol
Isaac Lam
Blue 2010 STF Camry LE
Black 2001 ES MR2 Spyder (co-driver)
Eddie Atherton

Post by Eddie Atherton »

Mike Flanigan wrote:Eddie, You were short cutting in the 3rd section. As you were coming up the hill (from the drain tubes), the 1st right, you needed to turn more right to get to the next cone (to turn left up the hill). There were 2 walls there. You drove straight to the 2nd wall, and not the 1st.

Mike, Thank you. Smacks side of head with hand, multiple times. :crazy:

Cheers.