A Big Thank You!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

A Big Thank You!

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge some of our club members that went above and beyond the call of duty at our last event:

Several workers did extra work shifts to help us get the light afternoon run groups covered:

Michael Parker
Brian Strovers
Kathy Strovers
Matthew Gonzalez

There was also some guy in a green shirt sprinting 100 yards in both directions covering a giant chunk of real estate in the heat on Sunday. I don't know who he was, but he's my hero! :clap:

In addition to the extra work shifts, we had several folks hang around for cleanup including some that returned specifically to help:

Jeff Stuart
Tom and Theresa Berry
Rick Brown
Jon Hartendorp (came back specifically to help with tear down)
Allie Koga
QV (who didn’t even run at event and from what I hear brought some smoothies for the after party workers! ^:)^ )
Kevin and Jessica Pao
Brandon Parambo
Scott Mullens
Mike Yanase
Matthew Gonzalez
Neelu Yeoh

I'm sure there might be a few names I missed and if I missed your name, I'm truly sorry for not acknowledging your efforts, but please know that the club is grateful for your help! :-BD

Also a big thank you for all the silent folks in the background that take care of the myriad of details that make these events happen. We couldn't do this without you! :clap:
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Neelu Yeoh
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 887

Re: A Big Thank You!

Post by Neelu Yeoh »

Also thank you to Pete Loney and Jonathan Lugod for volunteering in the afternoon! And a HUGE thank you to Elvin Hom for working double at the practice!!
Neelu Yeoh
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 887

Post by Neelu Yeoh »

Also, Brian Tilley was the worker in the green shirt. He had a lot of ground to cover and did an incredible job getting to the cones in time. Thanks Brian!!
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Nice job guys! These great events can't happen without hard work and reality is a few really pull the extra work to make it happen. I wish it was more hands, but still I was impressed with the clean-up turnout. I brought Robert back at the end to help stack cones and load in the mom van. I want him to start pulling his weight a bit. And it was cool for him to see how many people were hustling. I think it helped inspire him a bit to be a helper. Taking him away from his friends and his PS4 in the cool A/C of the RV wasn't a popular parenting choice at first. ;)

And Brian Tilly! Damn you rock!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Brian Tilley

Post by Brian Tilley »

Thanks guys. I really should have worn shorts... haha

I provided this feedback in the survey, but it would be nice if we could do something to address the issue of people not wanting to run in the afternoon. I suggested splitting up registration and tech, although I don't know how feasible that may be. Regardless of whether it's true or not, I feel like the afternoon takes a lot longer than the morning because you have to show up for tech and registration and then wait for multiple hours before even walking the course. Maybe the first step is getting feedback from people that switched to the morning to see how to address their concerns. Obviously the weather can't be controlled though.
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Thanks everybody for working so hard. It takes a lot to put one of these events on!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Mark D.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Also big thanks to all who helped clean up and quickly and efficiently pack the Timing motorhome. Well done!
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...