What is the minimum number of events this year to qualify for a year end trophy?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Tom Kamman

What is the minimum number of events this year to qualify for a year end trophy?

Post by Tom Kamman »

So I’ve only made two events this year in CAM-S but am looking to make as many as possible the rest of the year, I looked as many places as I could find, but can’t find what the minimum number of events to qualify this year would be? Will the two Santa Anita events change that number (or help me reach it) ?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: What is the minimum number of events this year to qualify for a year end trophy?

Post by Rick Brown »

Tom Kamman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:59 am So I’ve only made two events this year in CAM-S but am looking to make as many as possible the rest of the year, I looked as many places as I could find, but can’t find what the minimum number of events to qualify this year would be? Will the two Santa Anita events change that number (or help me reach it) ?

7.6 NUMBER OF EVENTS SCORED
A competitor shall compete in at least one half (1/2) of all Championship events held in the
season to be eligible for year-end awards. A competitor will drop their lowest event scores at the
rate shown in Appendix D. Any event for which an entrant qualifies for an average shall be
considered an attended event.

In the past, if it's an uneven number, we round down, i.e., 6 of 13.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Re: What is the minimum number of events this year to qualify for a year end trophy?

Post by Mike Simanyi »

In addition, the class has to meet section 7.2 requirements for the events you attend:

7.2 CLASS Separate Classes exist for women that choose to participate in Ladies classes. For the purposes of Regional Championship Points Calculations:
  • a. An Open Class consists of a minimum of three drivers.
  • b. A Ladies Class consists of a minimum of three drivers.
  • c. A Junior Class consists of a minimum of two drivers. However,a Junior class must have three drivers to be eligible for Team Challenge points.
Tom Kamman

Post by Tom Kamman »

Ok so do at least three drivers need to be at each event for it to count? Will Santa Anita count towards final number of events?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Tom Kamman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 pm Ok so do at least three drivers need to be at each event for it to count? Will Santa Anita count towards final number of events?
Yes, Santa Anita will count and assuming we will have an October event at Santa Anita, that will be 13 for the year so you need to compete in at least 6 events and those 6 must have had at least 3 drivers. The two events you've attended so far did qualify, so you need to attend at least 4 of the remaining 7, and hope the Cadenheads or Bryant and Mihail attend the same ones.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Tom Kamman

Post by Tom Kamman »

Thank you!
Thomas Guest Jr.

Post by Thomas Guest Jr. »

Damn, I was hoping to squeeze out a season champ despite having just got here, but looks like that may be rough in Street Prepared with only me and my codriver this weekend.

Anyone want to co-co-drive a poorly prepared, poorly tired, generally uncomfortable 2000 Celica GT?

**I know you "can't" run more than 2 drivers**

****Still excited****