Gate Workers for Aug 3-4 Event

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Xavier Herrera-Keehn

Gate Workers for Aug 3-4 Event

Post by Xavier Herrera-Keehn »

Hello everyone I need some gate workers for both Saturday and Sunday. I have two spots open on Saturday and one open Sunday. This is your only work assignment of the day and you get it done early in the morning and don't even have to chase cones, also a great way to beat the heat. Comment below if you are interested.

Sat:
1: Taken
2: Taken

Sun:
1: Taken
2: Taken
Last edited by Xavier Herrera-Keehn on Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
Marco Cruz

Re: Gate Workers for Aug 3-4 Event

Post by Marco Cruz »

Interested. But how early is gate assignment? Thanks
Xavier Herrera-Keehn

I would need you there around 6:30-6:45 am. The work assignment goes until first cars go out on course, all we have to do is hand the waivers to the drivers to sign before they enter the lot and that's it. You are free the rest of the day and can leave once you are done running.
Marco Cruz

Post by Marco Cruz »

Ok sign me up please
Xavier Herrera-Keehn

Both days or just one?
Marco Cruz

Post by Marco Cruz »

Yeah both days is good
Xavier Herrera-Keehn

Alright I have you down, see you then
Ben Natividad
Car#: 333

Post by Ben Natividad »

Hello! I'm a newcomer and I haven't autocrossed since 2008. This will be my first in more than 10 years. I am interested in volunteering for the gate work but will this be OK? My concern is missing the driver's meeting, etc. I am only registered for Saturday practice. Please advise.Thanks!
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

Ben Natividad wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:08 pm Hello! I'm a newcomer and I haven't autocrossed since 2008. This will be my first in more than 10 years. I am interested in volunteering for the gate work but will this be OK? My concern is missing the driver's meeting, etc. I am only registered for Saturday practice. Please advise.Thanks!
Are you an scca yearly member? It's a requirement to work gate.
Ben Natividad

Post by Ben Natividad »

Hi Anthony! I am currently not an annual member but I can get one if needed. Will that work? Thanks!
Xavier Herrera-Keehn

Hi Ben,

According to our rules, as long as you are an SCCA member and can show me a receipt of purchase on saturday since most likely your card will not arrive by then, you can work gate. It is not made apparent on the rules as to how long you have to be a member for, unless Anthony knows otherwise. If you plan on attending more than 3 event in a year the membership pays for itself, if not you just have to consider is spending the money worth it to not have to run and pick up cones in 90+ degree heat. I will save this saturday spot until I hear back from you.
Ben Natividad

Post by Ben Natividad »

Hi Xavier! Sounds good. I really don't mind picking up cones. It's just that I noticed the open spot for gate work and figured it won't hurt to volunteer. It's also a good way to meed new people at the gate. If there are others that can take the spot, it's ok. If it's still open, count me in.

The SCCA website is currently down and I tried calling the number but I missed their office hours. I'll try again tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Thanks!
Xavier Herrera-Keehn

Just send me a private message if you are able ( or still want to ) get your membership and I'll sign you up
Ben Natividad

Post by Ben Natividad »

Perfect! Sent you a PM. Thanks!