Shock Dyno available?

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Bob Pl
Club: GRA
Car#: 26

Shock Dyno available?

Post by Bob Pl »

Does anyone have access to a shock dyno for some "after hours" testing? 3 different sets of shocks. Thanks.

:)
Brad Roberts
Car#: 0

Re: Shock Dyno available?

Post by Brad Roberts »

The USA KW shock engineer is located in AppleValley not far off the 15. If you don't locate someone, let me know. I know a shop in Burbank who bought a shock dyno a month or so back and they *might* have it assembled and running by now. If you want PRO advice, and dyno sheets, send them too PSI up at Sears point. They do all of my shock rebuilding and revalving. They handle 20-30 Pro teams and are the NorCal Moton authorized rebuilder. The key is: they STOCK everything. A lot of these place stock NOTHING and have to order everything.

I'd be interested in locating someone in the Inland Empire. One of these Off-Road places has to have a dyno.. just let me near it.. LOL

B
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I'd be interested in locating someone in the Inland Empire. One of these Off-Road places has to have a dyno
In the Land of the Flatbills Driving Ridiculously Raised Pickups there've got to be a few.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Brad Roberts
Car#: 0

Post by Brad Roberts »

You would think with places like EIBACH and SWIFT Springs being located out here, we would have a shock dyno close by!! I used to drag everything to Bisltein in Poway when I lived in San Diego. Worked closely with them to develop what is now the PSS9's for Caymans!!

Notice the Bilstein truck and engineer in the pic :) We had the closest race shop to them that handled late model mods on Porsches. This car we installed an X51 385hp engine into when it had 1200miles on it. We actually had it running/driving BEFORE Farnbacher had their car done. We just didn't get the press :(

B
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Thanks all.

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Of course Guy Ankeny/ProParts has their shock dyno in Canoga Park ... fairly reasonable if I recall
Bob Pl

Post by Bob Pl »

Brad Roberts wrote:The USA KW shock engineer is located in AppleValley not far off the 15. If you don't locate someone, let me know. I know a shop in Burbank who bought a shock dyno a month or so back and they *might* have it assembled and running by now. If you want PRO advice, and dyno sheets, send them too PSI up at Sears point. They do all of my shock rebuilding and revalving. They handle 20-30 Pro teams and are the NorCal Moton authorized rebuilder. The key is: they STOCK everything. A lot of these place stock NOTHING and have to order everything.

I'd be interested in locating someone in the Inland Empire. One of these Off-Road places has to have a dyno.. just let me near it.. LOL

B
Thanks Brad,

I am just looking for dyno sheets for 3 sets of "off the shelf" single adjust shocks I have. Actually the oem are non adjust.

They all "work", it would be nice to have the dyno sheets to compare to my butt dyno.

Trying to watch "costs" as I just ordered another set of dot R's (ouch).

Vincent Komara
Club: PSCC
Car#: 396

Post by Vincent Komara »

Looking for a shock dyno in Orange County, preferably in Huntington Beach. Anyone know who offers this service?
Toby Larsson
Former CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Toby Larsson »

Vincent Komara wrote:Looking for a shock dyno in Orange County, preferably in Huntington Beach. Anyone know who offers this service?
I just had Guy Ankeny dyno and revalve my shocks last Monday, I choose to take them to him in Simi Valley but you could just send them to him UPS and tell him what you want him to do.
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daryl Slawnikowski
Car#: 156

Post by Daryl Slawnikowski »

Brad, could you be a little more specific about the location of "USA KW shock engineer is located in AppleValley not far off the 15". I live in Apple Valley myself and would like to go in and talk with them. When I've asked around no one has heard of them. Does it go by another name?
Toby Larsson

Post by Toby Larsson »

Daryl Slawnikowski wrote:Brad, could you be a little more specific about the location of "USA KW shock engineer is located in AppleValley not far off the 15". I live in Apple Valley myself and would like to go in and talk with them. When I've asked around no one has heard of them. Does it go by another name?
KW is out of Sanger in central CA, not to far from Merced.
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marshall Grice
Club: CASOC
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Daryl Slawnikowski wrote:Brad, could you be a little more specific about the location of "USA KW shock engineer is located in AppleValley not far off the 15". I live in Apple Valley myself and would like to go in and talk with them. When I've asked around no one has heard of them. Does it go by another name?
I think he was refering to the Robispec guy. not sure though.