FAQ for the Forum

If you're new to autocross, new to the forum or need a hand with what class you should be in, ask for help here.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Leonard Cachola

Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

FAQ for the Forum

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

How do I add my Car Number, Club or Location?
User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Profile

How do I Add a signature to your posts?
User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Signature

How do I Add an Avatar to your name area?
User Control Panel > Profile > Edit Avatar

How do I change my Date Format?
User Control Panel > Board Prefrences > Global Settings > Date Format

Hey the time is wrong, it's not DST but the clock is an hour off!
Set to no: User Control Panel > Board Prefrences > Global Settings > DST is in Effect

How do I change my Password?
See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm a Club Moderator, how do I manage who has access to our Club Message Board?
If you're a Club Moderator who needs to approve requests to enter your club forum you do that in:
User Control Panel->Usergroups->Manage Groups->Manage Users
Look for the folks waiting for approval, they will probably be at the end of the list. So if you have a big club, you'll have to go to the last page.

I'm a new member of a Club and want to request access to our club message board, what do i do?
User Control Panel->Usergroups->Edit Memberships
You click the little dot next to the club you belong to, in the non-memberships area and choose join selected at the bottom. A club moderator will then have to approve or deny your request. It's a good idea to send the Club Rep a message so he knows you requested access. Once your approved the club forum will appear on the main page for you.

How does one easily subscribe to a thread or category?
You click subscribe topic at the bottom of the page.

How do i do all the formatting I see people doing with their posts?
faq.php?mode=bbcode" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How is the "Members" listing set-up ... doesn't quite seem to be by first name, alphabetically?
It's sorted by date joined by default, if you click on the column header it will sort by that column.

How come you guys want me to use my real name?! I use this other name on all my other forums!
Because unlike other forums, we all see each other once or twice a month and we don't want to have to call you CoolEvo69 in person. Plus it's used for registration.
Last edited by Aaron Goldsmith on Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Re: FAQ for the new Forum

Post by Marshall Grice »

I think this one is pretty important.
Attachments
Search.jpg
Search.jpg (30.82 KiB) Viewed 73637 times
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Is there a Team Blew forum?
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Aaron Goldsmith

Max Hayter wrote:Is there a Team Blew forum?
Nope, I didn't make a sub-forum for any of the club that ran their own.

Which is:
Team Blew
PFM
SNAX
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

How is the "Members" listing set-up ... doesn't quite seem to be by first name, alphabetically?
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

When I initially looked at it it was by date joined, but if you click on the colum header it will sort by that colum.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Aaron Goldsmith

just noticed if you open a thread, at the upper right there's a link that says, First Unread Post. Nice for the multipage threads.
Pat O\'Neal
Club: TCC
Car#: 0

Post by Pat O\'Neal »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:just noticed if you open a thread, at the upper right there's a link that says, First Unread Post. Nice for the multipage threads.
In fact, there's a "first unread post" button from the index page as well. It's just to the left of the thread title and looks like a little sheet of paper with an arrow pointing down and to the right. So, no need to even open the thread. Perfect!

Pat.
Aaron Goldsmith

Darren Cole wrote:Where did the F1 topic go? I don't know where to submit my podium picks :cry:
It's in off topic.

There is also a search box at the top where you can type in "F1 Challenge" or "Podium Picker" and you'd get a ton of links to it. If you click on Advanced search you can get a ton of options for searching for something.
Aaron Goldsmith

Re: FAQ for the Forum

added how to fix your DST issues.
Aaron Goldsmith

I took the ADs down temporarily, they were trying to load from the main solo2.com site and the main solo2.com site wasn't answering.

Edit.
Ad's are back up.
AGoldsmith
Site Admin

Post by AGoldsmith »

I think I'm going to update the forum software this weekend, so there may be some down time on Sunday.
Aaron Goldsmith

AGoldsmith wrote:I think I'm going to update the forum software this weekend, so there may be some down time on Sunday.
Had to fly to SF for work, so this was postponed.
Joel Payne
Car#: 311

Post by Joel Payne »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote: How do I change my Password?
See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This information appears to be incorrect. No editing option exist after loggin in on the main Solo2 page and when I try to edit preferrences here (under User CP -> Profile -> Edit Account Settings) it asks me for my exiting password but doesn't give me a chance to update anything. Help please...
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Joel Payne wrote:
This information appears to be incorrect. No editing option exist after loggin in on the main Solo2 page and when I try to edit preferrences here (under User CP -> Profile -> Edit Account Settings) it asks me for my exiting password but doesn't give me a chance to update anything. Help please...
The information in the link quoted is correct. Go to solo2.com. Log in. Click on the Edit Your Profile link near the top of the page. Scroll down to where it says Password and Verification.
~Christine Grice
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Also if it is possible Aaron, can you put an extra comment when people login to the forums that the passwords are CaseSensitive? Seems people get caught out by that one every once in a while.
Joel Payne
Car#: 311

Post by Joel Payne »

Christine Berry wrote:
Joel Payne wrote:
The information in the link quoted is correct. Go to solo2.com. Log in. Click on the Edit Your Profile link near the top of the page. Scroll down to where it says Password and Verification.
Doesn't work for me.

-I log in at Solo2 and nothing appears to change vs. prior to log in (no "Edit Your Profile" link exits) I triple checked the page, I'm enclosing a screen capture post login with my failed keyword search. It's simply not there...
-I try to register and it tells my I already exist so the problem is not lack of an account.
-I try to log in using an incorrect password and it tells me I have a password error so I know the temp password I tried in attempt #1 worked (I'm aware of case sensitivity).

Any other suggestions?
-Joel
Attachments
solo2postlogin.jpg
solo2postlogin.jpg (235.16 KiB) Viewed 71804 times
Last edited by Joel Payne on Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

Joel,

That sound like a common problem with the site. Try clearing your browser history and cookies then try logging onto the solo2.com site again.
~Christine Grice
Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

I agree, clear any cookies associated with solo2.com and http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Make sure that any "privacy" or "security" software you have isn't blocking cookies. Most have a "whitelist" where you can specify trustworthy sites.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

You will know when you have success because in the upper left hand corner where the login link used to be it will say "Hello, Joel Payne"
~Christine Grice
dihrdzr

Post by dihrdzr »

still looking to see how to join a club here lol
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

dihrdzr wrote:still looking to see how to join a club here lol
Who are you? :?

You may want to establish another account using your real name and delete this one. Folks, on this board anyway, tend to be much more responsive when they know who you are. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
dihrdzr

Post by dihrdzr »

This might be a little off topic here, but im looking for a group to join. im in san Bernardino county and would like to get into the family...lol any where I need to go to apply, ask or ask to be asked would be grateful thank you
Guy Walker
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

dihrdzr wrote:This might be a little off topic here, but im looking for a group to join. im in san Bernardino county and would like to get into the family...lol any where I need to go to apply, ask or ask to be asked would be grateful thank you
Here is a link to the clubs page... http://solo2.com/clubs.htm

It would probably be best to do as George suggested and change your name in this forum to your real name. Then, since you don't need to belong to a specific club your first year, come out to some events and get to know some of the people and what clubs they belong to before deciding. Each club has different levels of participation and as you'd expect people tend to group together with like interests.
Guy Walker
#84 370Z