07/26/09 El Toro CASOC Championship Reg Open

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

07/26/09 El Toro CASOC Championship Reg Open

Post by Rick Brown »

Before you register online, please go to your garage and put either a T (trophy) or a $ (Solo Bucks) in the far right column to indicate your choice if you win or trophy in class. Thank you.

Event Info
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calenda ... earindex=3

Register:
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/login_c ... &clubid=23

Current Entry List:
https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/calenda ... de=reglist
Last edited by Rick Brown on Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Katy Nicholls
Club: CASOC
Car#: 235

Re: CASOC July 26th Championship Reg Open

Post by Katy Nicholls »

Far right column...?
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Katy Nicholls wrote:Far right column...?
When you go to register your car, in the far left column select garage. Your cars will come up, and in the far right hand column you need to select T of $.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

George Schilling wrote:
When you go to register your car, in the far left column select garage. Your cars will come up, and in the far right hand column you need to select T of $.
That was a test to see if anyone actually reads the posts. Really. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Katy is the only one that passed.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Rick's monitor is upside down.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

I edited the car in my garage - results show up correct.

However, once I register the car, the data in the fields seem to be incorrect - I edited them manually, but here is what they look like prior to that:

Garage:

^^^ looks like the image gets cut off in this forum, but under "T or $", it lists my City. Under "Sponsor" it's blank even though I filled something in the Garage.

Not sure if that affects anything w/ the actual print out/software/whatever, but thought you would want to know.
Charley Hoyt

Post by Charley Hoyt »

I'm in :thumbup:
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:I edited the car in my garage - results show up correct.

However, once I register the car, the data in the fields seem to be incorrect - I edited them manually, but here is what they look like prior to that:

Garage:

^^^ looks like the image gets cut off in this forum, but under "T or $", it lists my City. Under "Sponsor" it's blank even though I filled something in the Garage.

Not sure if that affects anything w/ the actual print out/software/whatever, but thought you would want to know.
If you click on the registration list from the AXWare calendar, what it shows is correct. I also downloaded the file into the timing software and both your sponsor and the "T" are correct. So it's a display problem when you look at your registrations.
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Re: 07/26/09 El Toro CASOC Championship Reg Open

Post by Randy Chase »

Not to be a nag, but is there a run work order yet or am I missing it?

Thanks!
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Randy Chase wrote:Not to be a nag, but is there a run work order yet or am I missing it?

Thanks!
??

TBA is all I can find.

Jay W
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Randy Chase wrote:Not to be a nag, but is there a run work order yet or am I missing it?

Thanks!
??

TBA is all I can find.

Jay W
I believe MIke (in his spare time) is working on updating it. I provided him with the entries in each class for the first 5 events.
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

Thanks, I am trying to run on Sunday, but I will be in Lake Arrowhead Sat night. I need to know if I am running early or not so I can plan where my hotel is.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

2 weeks out, don't forget to register.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

For those of us who turned in Solo bucks at the last event (or two), when will they be available for paying for registration?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Craig Naylor wrote:For those of us who turned in Solo bucks at the last event (or two), when will they be available for paying for registration?
at the registration table.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Craig Naylor wrote:For those of us who turned in Solo bucks at the last event (or two), when will they be available for paying for registration?
at the registration table.

Then what was the point of the mandated turn in if we can't use them online, as the numerous emails, and forum postings required?

If we have to use the "credit" at the reg table, whats the difference if I showed up with the paper certs, or some sheet listing the available "credits"?

The whole point stated for turning them in was to enable the solo bucks use online for both both past and future solo bucks.

Were taking two steps backward for every step forward proposed! :unimpressed:
Aaron Goldsmith

Craig Naylor wrote:
Then what was the point of the mandated turn in if we can't use them online, as the numerous emails, and forum postings required?

If we have to use the "credit" at the reg table, whats the difference if I showed up with the paper certs, or some sheet listing the available "credits"?

The whole point stated for turning them in was to enable the solo bucks use online for both both past and future solo bucks.

Uh, if they are the same.. how is it 2 steps backwards?
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:Uh, if they are the same.. how is it 2 steps backwards?
because opposites attract!
Aaron Goldsmith

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:
Aaron Goldsmith wrote:Uh, if they are the same.. how is it 2 steps backwards?
because opposites attract!
We have a winner, :lol:
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Craig Naylor wrote:

Uh, if they are the same.. how is it 2 steps backwards?
I guess I would echo Aaron's comments, but the reason we asked for them to be turned in was so that we could have a mechanism of tracking what our outstanding liability is related to solo$. Under the previous method, we had no idea how many solo$ were out there, nor did we have any control over them once issued.

Also, I don't see the comment about using them online as the whole point in turning them in at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, so I'm a little confused as to where you come up with that. We have said we were working towards automating the process. It was never the whole point (nor even a major point) in the plan.
kj
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Also, I don't see the comment about using them online as the whole point in turning them in at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, so I'm a little confused as to where you come up with that. We have said we were working towards automating the process. It was never the whole point (nor even a major point) in the plan.
That would be because it wasn't in that thread... I would look it up but the search function says "solo" is to common and "$" is not three characters long, nor did I keep the email I received where it was mentioned. My bad not tracking the threads, I wasn't expecting the "plan" to change one we complied.

Though I can see a benefit to you the treasurer... I don't see a benefit to me, the member of turning them in. In my desk drawer at home, I know (knew) what I have, in someone elses computer I don't. In my drawer a file can't be lost, on someone else's computer it can.... I could go on and on as to the potential down falls, but what's the point. You mandated this, and many complied.

One major difference is (and one of those steps backward), I can't send them in as payment for a practice. I could (and did since some past FSAE solo bucks were only valid for practices) when they were in my hands.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Craig Naylor wrote:
Though I can see a benefit to you the treasurer... I don't see a benefit to me, the member of turning them in. In my desk drawer at home, I know (knew) what I have, in someone elses computer I don't. In my drawer a file can't be lost, on someone else's computer it can.... I could go on and on as to the potential down falls, but what's the point. You mandated this, and many complied.
Fortunately, the files are kept on computers that are backed up daily to a remote location. And they are in multiple places (my email, Gayle's email), so it is unlikely that they will become lost. Since they are normally earned in $10 increments, with FSAE being the exception, it is pretty easy to track from month to month. You could even write it on a piece of paper that is safely stored in a file in your drawer. You're also welcome to check your totals against the balance at the registration table or through email. We keep a historical record.
Craig Naylor wrote:One major difference is (and one of those steps backward), I can't send them in as payment for a practice. I could (and did since some past FSAE solo bucks were only valid for practices) when they were in my hands.
I'm not sure it matters unless you don't attend on Sunday. The practice checks aren't cashed until after the event, so there is no cash impact to you if you wait and use the credit on Sunday.

Also, the intent never changed - it was always for better record keeping and tracking our liabilities. Sorry if you were told something else.
kj
Aaron McKinnon
Car#: 0

Post by Aaron McKinnon »

Any guesses on the run order for the event. I have an obligation in the afternoon and I'm trying to see if I can make it...
1974 2.0 Porsche 914
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I'm hoping they finalize it at tonight's committee meeting.

For you Aaron, consider running Time Only in the morning if your class ends up in the afternoon.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron McKinnon
Car#: 0

Post by Aaron McKinnon »

A time only can run/work in any group? Cool! I'm not in it to win it... Just want to have fun right now.
1974 2.0 Porsche 914