Remembering 9/11/2001-Where were you?

Read at your own risk.

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Ron Tsumura
Club: GRA
Car#: 190

Remembering 9/11/2001-Where were you?

Post by Ron Tsumura »

I had planned to take the day off and go to Pyramid Lake with friends.
We were gathering together to take off for the lake when the news hit.

Nothing we could do but continue as planned.
Thoughts of helplessness and what would haapen next. :?:
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Re: Remembering 9/11/2001-Where were you?

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Getting out of bed and watching the TV in horror as I tried to figure out where one of the towers was. :mrt:
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Archives of 9/11 Images/Video: http://lens.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/10/archive-4/

I was up early, driving to work ... working on a car commercial in the hills around Tejon Pass. Had the news on so I heard the first report of a plane hitting the WTC. Listened to the whole thing unfolding. When we got to work, everyone was watching on the TV in the motorhome as we decided what to do. We decided to stay and work, after the producer said that everyone could drive down to an area where our cell phones worked to make sure our loved ones were OK. At least in those first hours we felt safe where we were.

I have to say I still think about 9/11, and can't stop thinking about what must have gone on inside the WTC ... more then I would like to.

We recently watched a WONDERFUL documentary called Man On Wire, about the french fellow that walked the tight rope between the two towers in 1974. It won the 2009 Oscar for Best Documentary. It's the NUMBER ONE rate movie EVER on Rotten Tomato! It's VERY exciting! Available from NetFlix.

One criticism was that 9/11 wasn't mentioned.

From Wiki:
In an interview conducted during Man on Wire's run at the 2008 Tribeca Film Festival, director James Marsh explained that he was drawn to the story in part because it immediately struck him as "a heist movie." Marsh also commented that as a New Yorker himself, he saw the film as something to give back to the city. He said he hopes to hear people say that they will now always think of Petit and his performance when recalling the World Trade Center's twin towers.[4]

Responding to questioning as to why the towers' destruction 27 years later was not mentioned in the film, Marsh explained that Philippe Petit's act was "incredibly beautiful" and that it "would be unfair and wrong to infect his story with any mention, discussion or imagery of the Towers being destroyed."[
Catherine Tran
Car#: 70

Post by Catherine Tran »

I was stuck on the 405N fwy going to school. Once I parked and walked to meet up friends, I saw everyone gathered around the TV and watching for the latest news. The rest of the day was spent with family watching the news for any updates.
Sincerely,
Catherine Tran
SCNAX #70
Jason Flores
Car#: 886

Post by Jason Flores »

I was in Indiana and I was waking up for my morning class and as i walked pass the TV my roommates were watching as i brushed my teeth i saw it on tv and thought it was some "real tv" documentery show then realized it was LIVE!!!!
Grant Heathman

Post by Grant Heathman »

Hawaii on the beach and no planes overhead and wondering why?
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I was sitting on our bed with my newborn daughter (just under 2 mos at the time) and my wife turned on the TV and said "we're being invaded!" Went in to work for about an hour, where everyone was watching the TV, and they sent us all home. I was sheduled to leave a couple days later for a media tour of the East Coast. I postponed it, obviously.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I was suppose to go to Spain on a big job for Kinko. After 9/11 they didn't want to go overseas, so the job was re-located to Canada. The production company couldn't take me to Canada ... labor laws. :evil:
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Post by Art Rinner »

I was in Topeka, helping out Steve O. get a jack so he could fix his starter and getting ready to run STS which was postponed. Unfortunately we had to leave before running.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

I was in my bed waking up wearing a pair of khaki pants and a white dress shirt. I had a set of box cutters in my pants and managed to sleep with them in my pocket. I drove to Fry's to report to work before hearing the news from my boss.
Reijo Silvennoinen
Club: CASOC
Car#: 60

Post by Reijo Silvennoinen »

I remember it well: I was about to head into work when I saw the disaster unfold on the TV....live.......I delayed going into work in order to watch. Sad day.

Reijo
Reijo
BS - CASOC
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." - Earl Weaver
http://www.RASEInc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Post by Eric Clements »

In the kansas region trailer on the north course at Forbes.