2010 TIRERACK SoPac Divisional - June 26th & 27th

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

John Coffey
Club: PSCC
Car#: 250

Re: Anyone need a tire warmer at the Divisional?

Post by John Coffey »

Toby's recruiting anyone and everyone for FP. Anyone notice a stock Nissan 350Z running in FP? Just call me the FP Contingency Ho!
Curt Luther
Car#: 9
Location: Lookin' in Mike's cooler for "water" ;)...and my underwear

Post by Curt Luther »

John Coffey wrote:Toby's recruiting anyone and everyone for FP. Anyone notice a stock Nissan 350Z running in FP? Just call me the FP Contingency Ho!
Tom may be out for this weekend as well leaving me rideless. Need anyone else?
Rev. Dr. Curtis J. Luther, Esq., M.D.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Curt Luther wrote:
John Coffey wrote:Toby's recruiting anyone and everyone for FP. Anyone notice a stock Nissan 350Z running in FP? Just call me the FP Contingency Ho!
Tom may be out for this weekend as well leaving me rideless. Need anyone else?
As of now, he's working Friday in 'Vegas; he'll be tired, but there for the Div..

Bill
Mr. Tanqury's Sec.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Re: 2010 TIRERACK SoPac Divisional - June 26th & 27th

Post by Rick Brown »

While a mass email was sent, just want to remind everyone here, too, to make sure your shirt size is in your AXWare registration (don't post here, I'm not going to try to gather the info from two spots).

Login to https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, in the My Controls drop down, select My Registrations then click on the little pencil to edit your registration. Need this by 3pm Thursday. Thanks.

I might just make all extra small or 4XL for those that don't................... ;)
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Toby Larsson

Post by Toby Larsson »

Nicole Nagler wrote:TOYO AND BRIDGESTONE CONTINGENCY

If you want contingency from them don't forget to sign up before the event on the SCCA website, the same way you would have for the Tour and Pro. There are also forms that you need to send in after the event.

After the event claim forms:

Toyo - http://www.scca.com/documents/contingen ... -Claim.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bridgestone - http://www.scca.com/documents/contingen ... -Claim.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Both of these forms require Division Steward OR Chief of Compliance signatures, who would that be? When would they sign these, in impound?

Also I dont belive we will have any of the contingency stickers, only the standard Tire Rack/SCCA decals in tech, so bring your own Hoosier/Toyo/Bridgestone stickers.
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Toby Larsson wrote: Also I dont belive we will have any of the contingency stickers, only the standard Tire Rack/SCCA decals in tech, so bring your own Hoosier/Toyo/Bridgestone stickers.
I have a box of Kumho Stickers I'll bring, if anyone needs them just ask. Rudy sent them to me, but I decided to go with Dunlops instead so I didn't use any of them.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jeff, I'll take a couple of the Kumho stickers. Got my copy of GRM the other day and all though the Hankook beat out the Kumho XS just by a little, the Dunlop didn't fare well of the 4 tires tested.
Jason Uyeda

Post by Jason Uyeda »

Will we be able to change classes the morning of the event? Or does that need to happen by midnight Thurs?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jason Uyeda wrote:Will we be able to change classes the morning of the event? Or does that need to happen by midnight Thurs?
It needs to happen before registration closes.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I assume Karen's been put in SS instead of ASP in order to facilitate the 3rd Run Group mechanics, but that in the results she will end up back in ASP ?
Mihail Milkov

Re: The 2010 TIRERACK SoPac Divisional - FAQ for locals

Post by Mihail Milkov »

I want to register for Sunday only, which is apparently $40 according to the flyer. The AXWare site tells me I need to pay $130 and that I am a non-member. Why so? I have purchased a points card. I haven't bought SCCA annual membership yet, but I thought I could do this at the site.
Thanks! Mihail
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Mako Koiwai wrote:I assume Karen's been put in SS instead of ASP in order to facilitate the 3rd Run Group mechanics, but that in the results she will end up back in ASP ?
Yes, the local results we will reclass her since they run at the same time. Kinda like me running XP instead of the usual FPpax.

Heads up, it may take a while for use to unravel the local results for this one.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

oops
Last edited by George Schilling on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Mihail Milkov wrote:I want to register for Sunday only, which is apparently $40 according to the flyer. The AXWare site tells me I need to pay $130 and that I am a non-member. Why so? I have purchased a points card. I haven't bought SCCA annual membership yet, but I thought I could do this at the site.
Thanks! Mihail
Mihail,

Also on the flyer: Late Fee $50.00 after Jun 18, 2010 11:59:59 PM

This weekend isn't our normal fare - it is a Divisional, which we are also counting as two local events. Due to the complexities of running national style events, early registration was encouraged via the late fee.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
John Hernandez

Post by John Hernandez »

I just want to run on Sunday. Axware is saying $40 + $50 for the late fee. That makes it $90 for 3 runs on Sunday??
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

John Hernandez wrote:I just want to run on Sunday. Axware is saying $40 + $50 for the late fee. That makes it $90 for 3 runs on Sunday??
Registration has been open for almost 3 months, it's only this week that the late fee is in effect. The point of the late fee is to discourage late registration since the run order and all the work assignments have to have been done by now so that we can print out worker sheets, etc.
Mako Koiwai

Anyway Possible to Run Out Of Run Group ...

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I got terrific photos of EVERYONE except my run Group 3. IS there ANYWAY that Karen and I could run in the 2nd Run Group so that I can shoot Run Group 3 ? :gpower:

I know there are about 45 drivers that would love this to happen ...

Karen and I came in last in SS, so I doubt our competitors would care ... except for the fact that I could photograph them ... :D
Mako Koiwai

Re: Anyway Possible to Run Out Of Run Group ...

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I'll put my photos in THE Photo/Video thread later ...
Attachments
Kubo.jpg
Kubo.jpg (187.9 KiB) Viewed 9118 times
David Crandon

Re: Anyway Possible to Run Out Of Run Group ...

Post by David Crandon »

That is a heck of a photo. It's got everything. Good resolution, sensation of speed, two cones down, oversteer with countersteer!

Mako, is there anyway to get/buy copies of the photos of my runs? I was really slow in the last group, so I'm sure it wasn't hard to get a good shot!

I feel like I was the Schillings antimatter or polar opposites!

Dave Crandon
Silver S2000
David Crandon

My second event - thanks everyone!

Post by David Crandon »

I just wanted to give a thanks to all who helped me out and answered my unrelenting questions during my second ever SCCA Solo event.

My name is Dave Crandon, silver S2000 in the STR class.

Unfortunately I hardly remember anyone's names! But thanks to the mother and daughter team at registration and to the husband/father of those two later who answered my questions. I peppered those women with questions all Friday and Saturday.

Thanks to the women who fed me on Friday night and liked my T-Shirt (Caution: Doesn't play well with wife).

Thanks to Arthur Grant, Rad Delgado and Dave Devendorf (who kicked my butt in my run group), for answering questions.

Thanks to the head of the NO$ club who was at registration.

Thanks to, I think "Loney", the owner of the white S2000 CR. Sorry I had to count that cone, it was just out of the box.

Thanks to the guy who ran test n tune. What a great way to have lots of cheap fun.

Thanks to everyone for not laughing at my S2000 STR class car that had modifications that landed me in that class, modifications that didn't make my car any faster! Because, I, was by far, the limiting factor.

Thanks to that other S2000 owner who told me to pump my front tires to about 25 and my rears to 50. That made me way faster I'm sure. He said it would help to reduce the oversteer characteristics of my car and help me not to spin out. }:)

Thanks to Lisa, who I've seen at several events and has given me great advice.

Thanks to whoever designed the course, it was awesome to stretch my legs out!

Thanks to the two guys who told me what to do during my work group.

I just wish I could have been there today, Sunday, as well, but just couldn't find anyone to cover me at work.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Re: My second event - thanks everyone!

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Welcome David!

The nice family you met at registration was the Jardines, Mom Gayle and daughter Maggie. And dad is Bob Jardine. They've done this forever and then some.

The No$ head was probably Renee Angel, another who has put the V in veteran.

Loney is Pete Loney.

Course designer is our region chair Mike Simanyi.

Lisa, I'm guessing is Lisa Severy who is regularly in charge of our schools.

Fun sport with lots of nice people who make it happen!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Thanks to Toby, Bev and Aaron for a very enjoyable co-drive.
That's the most fun I've had autocrossing in quite a while!
The car is amazing, and you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people to hang out with for the weekend.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:I assume Karen's been put in SS instead of ASP in order to facilitate the 3rd Run Group mechanics, but that in the results she will end up back in ASP ?
Yes, the local results we will reclass her since they run at the same time. Kinda like me running XP instead of the usual FPpax.

Heads up, it may take a while for use to unravel the local results for this one.
Aaron, wanted to say thank you in advance to both you and anyone working the conversion to local. I was outclassed in BSP for the Divisonal event, but hope to have made progress in Novice regionally.
Arthur Grant

2010 Divisional El Toro

Post by Arthur Grant »

Wanted to thank everyone for a truly fun event. I thought it would be hard to beat the Pro Solo for competitive diversity but this event really shined. There were 5 competitors in BSP which is the first time I have had a full field to gauge myself against in class. I will now slink back to novice until next year when I have to run with the big kids.
Special thanks go to Lisa Severy for tips on my tire pressures; the change in handling was significant. Now all I need to do is follow up the information she gave me on the Gulstrand camber part. Thanks to Renaldo, for making Group 3 the best looking grid of the event, and for the tip on how to attack the slalom it allowed me to put to good use the extra grip Lisa helped me find.
Thanks to Mike for letting me work Friday. Thanks to Bill for being patient with me well we set up the grid.
Big thanks to SoloMom for the encouragement. It helped a lot.
There are a couple of others who’s names I don’t remember but who really make coming out to the events almost as fun as the driving. One is the guy running the Toyota Pickup and the other is frequently a starter in our regional events. I think he is from Corona.
What I am really looking forward to is the posting for the annual school. Having been regularly beaten in class this weekend by upwards for 14 seconds I am looking forward to signing up.
Toby Larsson

Post by Toby Larsson »

Robert Puertas wrote:Thanks to Toby, Bev and Aaron for a very enjoyable co-drive.
That's the most fun I've had autocrossing in quite a while!
The car is amazing, and you couldn't ask for a nicer bunch of people to hang out with for the weekend.
I'm glad you had a good time, maybe we'll see you more often now. Thanks for the comments on the car, it means a lot after all the work I've done the last year.
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;