July 17 Practice List

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jamie Lessie

Re: July 17 Practice List

Post by Jamie Lessie »

Aaron Gosselin and Joaquin Leon-Laddon are splitting an entry :)
http://www.freewebs.com/rotaryinfo/bewa ... rotary.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mihai Surubariu

Post by Mihai Surubariu »

It appears that I haven't made ANY list :cry: . as I am trying to prep for Nationals I will make a desperate offer :D. I will work your shift and pay you money for 1/2 of your runs. Additionally I can become a useful grease monkey and provide meaningless advice. :thumbup:
The Dirty Romanian
It's all down hill from here ....
Can't fix Stupid and DON'T mess with Crazy !!
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Two more move from the side lines to the game.
Art Grant
Rory Arp

I'll add some more to the wait list around lunch time.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

One more in: Jennifer Stothers

Names added to wait list, plus there are 16 more still in the hat. I'm guessing a few more will make it, but obviously some won't. There are typically a few no-shows on the day of, so those near the top of the wait list on Friday may consider showing up just in case. If you don't get in, still can get some hot rides.
Shaun Bailey
Club: CASOC
Car#: 318

Post by Shaun Bailey »

Mako Koiwai wrote:That's funny ... does Sean know he's giving rides ?!
MAX! Are you pimping me out?
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Shaun Bailey wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:That's funny ... does Sean know he's giving rides ?!
MAX! Are you pimping me out?
Man's gotta make a living somehow!
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Is there a practice work run order available?
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mihai Surubariu wrote:It appears that I haven't made ANY list :cry: . as I am trying to prep for Nationals I will make a desperate offer :D. I will work your shift and pay you money for 1/2 of your runs. Additionally I can become a useful grease monkey and provide meaningless advice. :thumbup:

What kind of car are you running at nationals? Will a few runs in a BSP C4 Corvette be of any help?
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Arthur Grant wrote:Is there a practice work run order available?
There generally isn't a set run order for practices. It will most likely be 3 groups, and each group will run and work once before lunch and once after. You will choose what group you're running at registration.
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Mihai Surubariu wrote:It appears that I haven't made ANY list :cry: . as I am trying to prep for Nationals I will make a desperate offer :D. I will work your shift and pay you money for 1/2 of your runs. Additionally I can become a useful grease monkey and provide meaningless advice. :thumbup:

What kind of car are you running at nationals? Will a few runs in a BSP C4 Corvette be of any help?
Arthur, he wants to take half of your runs so that he can get HIS car ready for Nationals. Essentially he is offering to work for you so that you get to do your runs and no work.
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

? Mihai is driving a BS S2000 (that won't be at the Practice) at Nationals ...

Mihai IS excellent at demonstrating driving lines ... I'd let him drive you and your Vette
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jeff Stuart wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:Is there a practice work run order available?
There generally isn't a set run order for practices. It will most likely be 3 groups, and each group will run and work once before lunch and once after. You will choose what group you're running at registration.

Thank you. This will be my first practice where I haven't worked set up. As a result I haven't really gotten the rhythm down.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mako Koiwai wrote:? Mihai is driving a BS S2000 (that won't be at the Practice) at Nationals ...

Mihai IS excellent at demonstrating driving lines ... I'd let him drive you and your Vette

Well I am looking for rides to learn which is my top priority. Also well I am thankful to get in and look forward to running the fact is I am just doing it to learn, not much chance of me moving up much in novice when only 6 events count. The top two spots look locked up. A guy spending the effort and money to run nationals ranks higher in my opinion. Mihai, let me know if you want to run the vette. I don't mind giving up 1/2 the runs, since I am a guest I am happy to have what I can get. I would like a ride along since you come highly recommended. Would also like you to ride with me and critique.

Thanks
Art
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Arthur Grant wrote: Well I am looking for rides to learn which is my top priority. Also well I am thankful to get in and look forward to running the fact is I am just doing it to learn, not much chance of me moving up much in novice when only 6 events count. The top two spots look locked up.
Unless one guy has 6 wins already, novice class isn't locked up - I see Justin with four. If Justin decides to run another class or fails to show up for the rest of the year, then you still have a chance.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

List update:
William Dang-James Dang (shared entry) now in the practice.
Mihai Surubariu

Arthur Grant wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:? Mihai is driving a BS S2000 (that won't be at the Practice) at Nationals ...

Well I am looking for rides to learn which is my top priority. Also well I am thankful to get in and look forward to running the fact is I am just doing it to learn, not much chance of me moving up much in novice when only 6 events count. The top two spots look locked up. A guy spending the effort and money to run nationals ranks higher in my opinion. Mihai, let me know if you want to run the vette. I don't mind giving up 1/2 the runs, since I am a guest I am happy to have what I can get. I would like a ride along since you come highly recommended. Would also like you to ride with me and critique.

Thanks
Art

WOW , Arthur , Thank you. I might be O.k. with less than 1/2 of your runs (but I need to run my car since I did some changes ).I am willing to ride with you and drive your car too if you want (I might spin it though), annoy u with setup advice and what not. Just set your expectation low and you will not be disappointed. I am not either the fastest guy out there or the best teacher so feel free to change your mind 8-) . Anyway , I'll be there bright and early in a blue 04 WRX (not sure the wheel color yet but it might be the only blue subby there )
The Dirty Romanian
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Modest Mihai = current STX NATIONAL Pro Solo Champion
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mihai
It up to the PSCC people if you can run your car on the split. I know you have a lot more invested in this sport and season than I do, if they won't let us split the runs with seperate cars, I am willing to register your car so you can get ready for nationals and I will just take rides. I am just passing forward the kindess that so many people have shown me out here.
Mihai Surubariu

Spoke with Arthur on the phone. and we'll sort everything out Saturday . Thanks again for your generosity.
The Dirty Romanian
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Arthur Grant wrote:Mihai
It up to the PSCC people if you can run your car on the split. I know you have a lot more invested in this sport and season than I do, if they won't let us split the runs with seperate cars, I am willing to register your car so you can get ready for nationals and I will just take rides. I am just passing forward the kindess that so many people have shown me out here.
I see no problem with it. To me, what you are buying is runs (Mihai needs to pay the $10 split entry fee). Only small issue is the tech sticker. I suppose each sticker could have half the runs pre-marked off.
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Rick Brown wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:Mihai
I see no problem with it. To me, what you are buying is runs (Mihai needs to pay the $10 split entry fee). Only small issue is the tech sticker. I suppose each sticker could have half the runs pre-marked off.
Yes, you guys need to decide how to divide the runs and we'll mark the tech stickers.
Ryan Arp

Post by Ryan Arp »

Getting closer!
Chris Cullen

Post by Chris Cullen »

You can take me and travis sackwar (if he makes the waiting list) off the waiting list.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mihai, hopefully you will see this post before going to the track, sent you a PM as well. My daughter gave me a gift that interfears with my running the full practice day. Told her the only days I wasn't availabe in July was this weekend so this is when she got me tickets to the Zoro Exhibit. Joint Fathers Day, and my Wife's Birthday. Anyway heres the deal, you can have 1/2 my runs, at no cost if you take the work assignment and let me run a couple of times in the morning session. That way I can still make the luncheon and tour.

Thanks
Art