Car Markings

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Car Markings

Post by Arthur Grant »

Looking for Clarification. My Corvette is classed BSP, I will be running this season in CPM, how should the car be marked BSP or CPM or BSP/CPM?

Thanks

Art
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Re: Car Markings

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Arthur Grant wrote:Looking for Clarification. My Corvette is classed BSP, I will be running this season in CPM, how should the car be marked BSP or CPM or BSP/CPM?

Thanks

Art

BSP is NOT a Prep or Mod class. Therefore you cannot run CPM on a BSP index. You could run CPM as an XP or EM car. Did you mean CSM?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Steve, thanks. I guess I am in a quandry. I fit best in CSM, but looking at last year, it doesn't look like very many people run there. Sort of my problem with running BSP. By the same token I don't look very competitive in CPM if I am running as an XP or an EM car.

What are the Pax handicaps for XP or EM?

In the end which is better to run alone in BSP, Maybe get some competition in CSM or run out classed in CPM, that's now the hard question.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Arthur Grant wrote:Steve, thanks. I guess I am in a quandry. I fit best in CSM, but looking at last year, it doesn't look like very many people run there. Sort of my problem with running BSP. By the same token I don't look very competitive in CPM if I am running as an XP or an EM car.

What are the Pax handicaps for XP or EM?

In the end which is better to run alone in BSP, Maybe get some competition in CSM or run out classed in CPM, that's now the hard question.
Running alone is no fun. After that, just pick a class and resign yourself to getting your butt kicked for a while, working on your driving skills and making friends. Pick the best subscribed class you qualify for (more people to bond with), learn and have fun for a year.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

A well set BSP car on street tires should be competitive enough for CST.

Jay W
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:A well set BSP car on street tires should be competitive enough for CST.

Jay W
Jay, appreciate the thought but your about $600.00 late. I have bought a set of older but never run / 1 run V710's from Richard, a set of used Hoosiers from Peter, and have 8 used V710's standing by. i.e. I am heavily invested (even if used) in R-Comps. I have to be honest I find the car a lot more fun on the R-comps as well, otherwise I would likely go out and play in CST.

I guess the real question is what is the EM handicap vs. the XP if I am going to run CPM, which at least has people in the field.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Jayson Woodruff wrote:A well set BSP car on street tires should be competitive enough for CST.

Jay W
Jay, appreciate the thought but your about $600.00 late. I have bought a set of older but never run / 1 run V710's from Richard, a set of used Hoosiers from Peter, and have 8 used V710's standing by. i.e. I am heavily invested (even if used) in R-Comps. I have to be honest I find the car a lot more fun on the R-comps as well, otherwise I would likely go out and play in CST.

I guess the real question is what is the EM handicap vs. the XP if I am going to run CPM, which at least has people in the field.
BSP - .859, XP - .887, EM - .910
http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/indexes/rtp2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Regarding running alone in BSP or any class. It usually takes just one person to start and others that are sitting on the fence for same reason usually come in.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Rick Brown wrote: BSP - .859, XP - .887, EM - .910
http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/indexes/rtp2011.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There's a Rick Ruth PAX for the supplemental BP class----.870. That would sure be OK by me and I would think that the other CPM drivers would agree. So just leave out the S and welcome to the darker side....

Just as long as you make us feel good and push your car off course at least once every other month.... :lol: :oops: :oops:

Don
Morgan Trotter
Car#: 61

Post by Morgan Trotter »

Don Salyers wrote:
Rick Brown wrote: Just as long as you make us feel good and push your car off course at least once every other month.... :lol: :oops: :oops:

Don
:lol:
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

T. Osifeso wrote:Regarding running alone in BSP or any class. It usually takes just one person to start and others that are sitting on the fence for same reason usually come in.
That might be an answer. The car is a BSP and barely that.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

But if you run CPM there is inevitably going to be the day you win.... Due to attrition.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:But if you run CPM there is inevitably going to be the day you win.... Due to attrition.
That sounds exciting?

Still the question remains. Let's say I decide to run CPM as an XP? How do I mark the class on the car?
Don Salyers
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

With an XP....look at my picture. I don't think anyone uses the CPM stuff....

Don
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Don Salyers wrote:With an XP....look at my picture. I don't think anyone uses the CPM stuff....

Don
While T&S prefers to have full class markings, since all Preps and Mods go in CPM, the CPM part isn't really necessary.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Think I will run CSM and see if. I can get someone to join me during the season
Jesus Saucedo
Car#: 226

Post by Jesus Saucedo »

I was gonna leave CSM and go to CST, but still don't have a budget for street tires. SOOOO, I'll be running CSM for a bit more. I might have my girl run in CSM as well (in the Yaris (no, not the turbo yaris!)). I'll continue with the CRX.

No worries, Arthur, you won't be alone for a while ;) Me and you, mano a mano. :thumbup: ;)
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jesus Saucedo wrote:I was gonna leave CSM and go to CST, but still don't have a budget for street tires. SOOOO, I'll be running CSM for a bit more. I might have my girl run in CSM as well (in the Yaris (no, not the turbo yaris!)). I'll continue with the CRX.

No worries, Arthur, you won't be alone for a while ;) Me and you, mano a mano. :thumbup: ;)

Actually I am registered in CPM, thought my BSP index would apply there but it doesn't. Was considering CSM because it sounded closer to what I wanted and the competition was grouped around times I could be competitive with as opposed to being blown out. But with nobody entered and the likliness it will be an under populated group throughout the year I wasn't sure if I shoud go over. I may not bother to change registrations. However if your going to run and your significant other is going to run, that with 3 maybe one of us could earn a trophy? However it's hard on the ego watching my Corvette get beaten by a Yaris.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Arthur Grant wrote: However it's hard on the ego watching my Corvette get beaten by a Yaris.
No big deal, ya'll get beaten by a 40hp, single cylinder vehicle at most events anyway...........

Though KJ may be on the way to being TTOD this year.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

More correctly my ego might have a problem if my street legal Corvette got beaten by a street legal Yaris. (non-street legal vehicles need not apply) :lol:
Jesus Saucedo

Post by Jesus Saucedo »

yeah, I told my girl not to beat you! LOL, I did talk to her about that possibility, but it's HIGHLY unlikely.

Either way, she's not going this Sunday :( So no Yaris action. :cry: Trophy? What does...one...look like? hehe
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jesus Saucedo wrote:Trophy? What does...one...look like? hehe
Actually I am not sure, won two of them last year but they are on back order. Still I look forward to finding it is the box each event, like when were kids waiting for something special in the mail. When I get mine I will let you know.
Jesus Saucedo

Post by Jesus Saucedo »

That was pretty funny, but, I still act like a kid when waiting for something special :) Especially with speed parts!
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Arthur Grant wrote: Still I look forward to finding it is the box each event, like when were kids waiting for something special in the mail. When I get mine I will let you know.
Hope they don't wind up being like those sea monkeys...
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP