NEW EVENT CALENDAR ON THE SOLO2.COM SITE

General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

Will Kalman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 232

NEW EVENT CALENDAR ON THE SOLO2.COM SITE

Post by Will Kalman »

Check it out - KJ and Aaron set up a Google Calendar for the site and I just integrated it tonight.

There are now two calendar pages on the http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site, an Event Calendar and a General Calendar with all the other stuff like San Diego events, etc.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: NEW EVENT CALENDAR ON THE SOLO2.COM SITE

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Will Kalman wrote:Check it out - KJ and Aaron set up a Google Calendar for the site and I just integrated it tonight.

There are now two calendar pages on the http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site, an Event Calendar and a General Calendar with all the other stuff like San Diego events, etc.
Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Thanks, guys!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Thanks Will!

OK, Thanks to KJ and Aaron, too.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

MUCH PROPS, KUDOS to our webmaster Will Kalman! It looks great!
Giovanni Jaramillo

Will Kalman wrote:There are now two calendar pages on the http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site, an Event Calendar and a General Calendar with all the other stuff like San Diego events, etc.
Is it possible to merge them all so as to avoid any confusion as to why we have 2 calendars?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:
Will Kalman wrote:There are now two calendar pages on the http://www.solo2.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; site, an Event Calendar and a General Calendar with all the other stuff like San Diego events, etc.
Is it possible to merge them all so as to avoid any confusion as to why we have 2 calendars?
One's a calendar, one's a link. Doubt you can just "merge" them. You probably need to take the time and add the General Calendar stuff to the Google Calendar.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Rick Brown wrote:One's a calendar, one's a link. Doubt you can just "merge" them. You probably need to take the time and add the General Calendar stuff to the Google Calendar.
Ah ok. Then I can add that to the calendar. Is there access permissions that I need granted?
Webster Jessup
Car#: 122

Post by Webster Jessup »

I like the Google calendar idea.

Could we also change the other calendar to include all the info as well, but make it into some columns. That way it would be easy to look at the events that you want to. Unless Google calendar can do this too.

CSCC | San Diego | National Tour | ProSolo | etc | Misc
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Good work guys. :thumbup:
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Sweet - the whole thing integrated with my personal calendar on my phone :thumbup:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Giovanni Jaramillo

Webster Jessup wrote:Could we also change the other calendar to include all the info as well, but make it into some columns. That way it would be easy to look at the events that you want to. Unless Google calendar can do this too.

CSCC | San Diego | National Tour | ProSolo | etc | Misc
We're working on this part Web, so stay tuned.
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

I like the response above ^
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

I have my personal calendar (also google based) set up like that. With colors to differentiate. I list all of SDR and Calclub as well as national events.

Having one resource would be cool and then I would just use that instead of typing in as much as I do now. I would be willing to help make this happen.
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Giovanni Jaramillo

Randy Chase wrote:I have my personal calendar (also google based) set up like that. With colors to differentiate. I list all of SDR and Calclub as well as national events.

Having one resource would be cool and then I would just use that instead of typing in as much as I do now.
The main left-hand side navigation bar (color-coded calendars) on our main site (Solo2.com) has been updated. Only our region's events are going to be on Google. The rest are just links to their respective owners as that is the best way to have those dates current and updated as opposed to us manually typing them in. Please check it out.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Randy Chase wrote:I would be willing to help make this happen.
If you can do that, that'd be great. I'll cc you on the e-mail thread Randy.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

I wanted to search club members on the Solo2.com site. Couldn't find where to do that. Also, it seems I cannot log in. This may be the problem. It appears to accept my log on, but when the home page comes up, it still is offering a log on choice in the upper left corner.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

George Schilling wrote:I wanted to search club members on the Solo2.com site. Couldn't find where to do that. Also, it seems I cannot log in. This may be the problem. It appears to accept my log on, but when the home page comes up, it still is offering a log on choice in the upper left corner.
Works fine for me.
Webster Jessup

Post by Webster Jessup »

The CAL CLUB Calendar is just completely clustered. The Agenda listing is a very nice feature of Google, but there is way too many items being shown.

I notice that there is a check mark on the top right corner of the calendar that allows you to checkmark what you want to show up on the calendar. It would be better to separate the different types of events, so the Agenda list is much easier to look through. Right now it's just the one option. Let's take advantage of what Google Calendar can do.

Regards,
--
Web
Giovanni Jaramillo

George Schilling wrote:I wanted to search club members on the Solo2.com site. Couldn't find where to do that. Also, it seems I cannot log in. This may be the problem. It appears to accept my log on, but when the home page comes up, it still is offering a log on choice in the upper left corner.
Logout of both sites (main, forums). Clear your cache in your browser, then close it, then log back in is my suggestion.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Webster Jessup wrote:The CAL CLUB Calendar is just completely clustered. The Agenda listing is a very nice feature of Google, but there is way too many items being shown.

I notice that there is a check mark on the top right corner of the calendar that allows you to checkmark what you want to show up on the calendar. It would be better to separate the different types of events, so the Agenda list is much easier to look through. Right now it's just the one option. Let's take advantage of what Google Calendar can do.

Regards,
--
Web
Should be implemented soon.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Logout of both sites (main, forums). Clear your cache in your browser, then close it, then log back in is my suggestion.
Thanks Gio. That did the trick.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Giovanni Jaramillo

George Schilling wrote:
Thanks Gio. That did the trick.
You're welcome. Also another user had the same problem but this trick didn't work. The cause? The forums will automatically disable your account if you don't login to it after a certain period (i.e. months or years). Once Aaron reset it, he could login.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Link to contact the SCCA SEB (Solo Events Board) about rules for Solo is now on the main Solo2.com site (right-hand side navigation bar, at the bottom).
Everything now is online via the form. No more e-mails. And you get a ticket number to track your request.
Webster Jessup

Post by Webster Jessup »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Webster Jessup wrote:The CAL CLUB Calendar is just completely clustered. The Agenda listing is a very nice feature of Google, but there is way too many items being shown.

Regards,
--
Web
Should be implemented soon.
Nice. Thanks.
Webster Jessup

Post by Webster Jessup »

Looking better, but the lists are still too general.

Should have lists like the following:

Regional Events
Committee Meetings
Divisionals
Schools / Classes
FSAE Events

Makes it easier for folks too look at what they want.