General discussions about Solo

Moderator: Mike Simanyi

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: POINTS CARD RENEWALS - Year 2011

Post by George Schilling »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:So, it's not really sales tax, just the PayPal fee. Got it.
I thought that odd also. You'd think it would just be a couple of key stroke to change the wording to service charge to avoid confusion. But alas, it is not to be. :)
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:So, it's not really sales tax, just the PayPal fee. Got it.
Correct Bob.
George Schilling wrote:I thought that odd also. You'd think it would just be a couple of key stroke to change the wording to service charge to avoid confusion. But alas, it is not to be. :)
PayPal puts it as "Sales Tax", not me even though it's just a service fee. Either that or we raise the price of the card to $21 and remove the fee. But that doesn't make sense. In the end, if you pay by check it's $0.44c for a stamp, say $0.06c for an envelope. So you save $0.50c but inconvenient. As opposed to PayPal, where 50cents more for much more convenience. And this an annual purchase so very little impact financially to our customers/members.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:PayPal puts it as "Sales Tax", not me even though it's just a service fee.
I assumed it was something like that. One of the frustrations of the computer age. :)
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Jason Swindle
Club: GRA
Car#: 5

Post by Jason Swindle »

I just wanted to mention that I for one was unaware of this change in procedure. I'm not at all happy with the thought that I could have lost my number. Since I don't spend my days and nights reading the message board, and don't expect that to change, how about we actually post and announce things of this magnitude at the actual events? There's enough time between run groups etc so that ALL of us should have been aware of this. I know more than one of us was surprised by this change.

I've already had a private email exchange with Giovanni and he's of the opinion that not knowing was my fault for not reading the message board. BUT, I know that I'm not the only one who doesn't spend a lot of time here. So how about we announce significant changes in more than one place in the future?

Thanks,

Jason Swindle
#5 (still thankfully)
Ira Cruz
Club: No$
Car#: 789

Post by Ira Cruz »

I second Jason!!

thx!

Ira Cruz
Giovanni Jaramillo

Now that the supp regs for 2011 are out, please go over section 7 (Points Cards) as this has the new rules regarding purchasing and the renewal of points cards.
Giovanni Jaramillo

This is a nice :gpower: :mrgreen: friendly reminder to those who have not yet renewed their points card for 2011, but have competed so far this year using their number. Can you please renew your card so that our points keeper (Christine Berry) can remove you off the "non-points qualifying list"? Thank you very much.